Iron Man 2 -- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury

Watched Iron Man 2 at the cinema yesterday and I was exited until about 1 minute into the pre-credits or wtf they're called.

I wanted to shout and cry and possibly even kill myself a little when i saw...

"Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury"

...and then I cooled down a bit and thought: Hey, it can't be THAT bad, maybe just maybe they he's in makeup...

and when I saw him, one of the most iconic persons in the whole Marvel Universe and he's fucking black and bald.

I'm NOT a racist but that's just NOT how it's supposed to be, you can't just fuck up such a huge part of who Nick Fury is, and when they were looking for an actor to portray Nick Fury, did they just not think this wouldn't become a huge shitstorm of hate from fans???

Just had to vent this a bit and thanks for not deleting this post.

Edit: changed title to something less... inflammatory. --Sunshine
    More breaking news after this...

Re: Raaaaaape, they have raped comicbookfans all over the world for the last time!!!

For the comic book impaired (like myself), I'll illustrate.

We had "suske and wiske" and "asterix" instead of the whole Marvel universe.

Oh and I have to agree I hate it when actors don't resemble the characters they're meant to portray in the slightest, just proves the movie industry doesn't really care about their movies.

For example the hair is extremely iconic, they could at least given it the faintest of tries. Let alone the entire back story they disregarded.
    (you have to admit dragonball evolution is worse than a bald Nick Fury)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Iron Man 2 -- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury

Yeah.. as seen above.. the new nick fury look is actually based on Samuel L Jackson. so.. yeah.

and I'm not just saying that.. I watched a show in which the guys making the comic said he's modeled after sam jackson.

Dude, just be happy they got one of the best actors out there to be the Nick Fury.

I mean, do you want some random dude who fails at acting to play Fury?(for example, Goku)

Dude, just be happy they got one of the best actors out there to be the Nick Fury.

I mean, do you want some random dude who fails at acting to play Fury?(for example, Goku)
    REALLY? Are you honestly saying Mr. "I've had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane" is one of the best actors in the world?

I would rather have a nobody actor do an iconic character like Fury so I don't have to be wondering when he's going to shout out the above quote to further promote himself. And the fact that marvel not only agreed to this but TOTALLY altered Fury's appearance in the comic book as well just sickens me.
    More breaking news after this...

10+ Year Old Account

In my opinion Nick Fury looks better as a black guy.
    Now I haven't read the comics (apart from a few crossovers with Spiderman of course) but as I look at the third picture here I can't stop thinking "So this is Reed Richards if he wasn't Mr. Fantastic!"

Would you rather have Dolf Lundgren as Nick Fury? Of Casper van Dien? Not me!
    For the Emperor.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BenMorte
    I would rather have a nobody actor do an iconic character like Fury so I don't have to be wondering when he's going to shout out the above quote to further promote himself. And the fact that marvel not only agreed to this but TOTALLY altered Fury's appearance in the comic book as well just sickens me.
    The Ultimate Nick Fury is based on Samuel L. Jackson since 2001.

It's not that they decided to cast Samuel L. Jackson because he is a cool actor, it was because he is how the Ultimate Nick Fury looks in the comics.

Yeah Nick Fury has been black and bald for a while now. Get with the times guy.

REALLY? Are you honestly saying Mr. "I've had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane" is one of the best actors in the world?

Dude, watch Pulp Fiction and tell me if you still think he's bad.

15+ Year Old Account

Even Samuel L Jackson has said how terrible snakes on a plane was. the thing is.. you sign contracts and such so you cant just back out once you realize how terrible a movie is.

Besides that line is one of the most awesome lines ever.

;D. Saw the movie on friday and i loved it, just awsome, and hey nick fury is Coolz. )
    "Two things are infinte: the universe and human stupidity; and im not sure about the universe"

Iron Man (the first one that is) illustrated why it can be very beneficial to stay until after the credits are over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o2lJ19qML0

10+ Year Old Account

Saw it last night and IM2 was alright but Samuel was great as Nick Fury. Can't wait for Avengers movie.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek!el
    Iron Man (the first one that is) illustrated why it can be very beneficial to stay until after the credits are over

This.

Though it's kinda embarrassing when all the people leave during the credits and you and your friend stick til the end. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek!el

mofos at the cinema i went to see the film at shut down the movie half way throught credits we almost went into a fight with them because we knew there was a scene at the end, all marvel movies has a scene after the credits. still mad i couldn't see the scene which will result in waiting for the movie to come out in dvd/someone gets it on cam or i see the movie for the 2nd time and hope they leave the movie running till the end >

What about David Hasselhoff?

15+ Year Old Account

I like Sam Jackson.

But I like more that you are similiar looking to the character you are portraying. I'm not flipping out like the OP, because SLJ is indeed a good actor. But I get his sentiment.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    I like Sam Jackson.

But I like more that you are similiar looking to the character you are portraying. I'm not flipping out like the OP, because SLJ is indeed a good actor. But I get his sentiment.
    He is exactly like the character he is portraying. The Ultimate Nick Fury is based on SLJ.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fuze
    mofos at the cinema i went to see the film at shut down the movie half way throught credits we almost went into a fight with them because we knew there was a scene at the end, all marvel movies has a scene after the credits. still mad i couldn't see the scene which will result in waiting for the movie to come out in dvd/someone gets it on cam or i see the movie for the 2nd time and hope they leave the movie running till the end >
    It was pretty meh in comparison to the first Iron Man post-credit scene. Maybe its just because I'm not a huge fan of the comic book it spoiled.

Just to clarify for those interested:

Nick Fury in the "Real" Marvel Universe is a white guy, always has been and still is.

Marvel, several years back invented the Ultimate line of Marvel Comics, including Ult Spider-man, Fantastic Four, X-men and The Ultimates.

The Ultimates are basically the Ultimate Universe's version of The Avengers. In this series writer Mark Millar (the man responsible for Kick-Ass amoung other things) decided to base the visual appearence of Ultimate Nick Fury on Sam Jackson.

Its a great series if anyone is interested. There is even one scene where the team is sitting about discussing who would play each of them in a film and comment that Fury should be played by Sam Jackson.

Meta is Meta.
    Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother.