Deleted

VT on multiple targets or mind seer straight away?

Hey all im about to go shadow in icc 10 tonight for the first time. I wondered if it would be best on the trash to cast VT on say 4-5 adds before going all out mind seer spam, or is it just best to cast ure dots on ure main target and mind seer that one?

thanks for any replies

10+ Year Old Account

Re: VT on multiple targets or mind seer straight away?

Trash or is this about specific boss encounters?

If it's about trash then... sure VT then MS. It's trash, it doesn't really matter.

10+ Year Old Account

I usually cast VT+SW:P on like 3-4 adds, depending on how many we fight, and then Mind Sear.
    It's not about winning the DPS though, it's about perfecting to keep multiple dots on several targets at once.
    Zhezl - Level 90 Mistweaver Monk.
    Do you really not know anything about how businesses run? What, do you think Blizz is ran by 30 people - 15 of them are working on WoW, 10 of them on SC2, 4 on Diablo, and a retarded donkey worked on this app for a few months? Do you also think that hamsters power their servers and when they get tired, all the servers crash?

10+ Year Old Account

SW:P is generally not worth putting on adds unless they'll live long enough to be refreshed by MF, such as the Worms in Northrend Beasts or the Mistresses in Lord Jaraxxus.

Deleted

ok cheers guys, also is it always worth interrupting ure MF channel to recast VT and DP?

10+ Year Old Account

No it's never worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen
    No it's never worth it.
    why wouldn't it be worth interupting MF after the seccond tic to recast vt so it only get a 0,1sec downtime that cast?

With 4p t10 its not worth it.
    Without it is worth to interrupt channel after second MF tick.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0070
    Hey all im about to go shadow in icc 10 tonight for the first time. I wondered if it would be best on the trash to cast VT on say 4-5 adds before going all out mind seer spam, or is it just best to cast ure dots on ure main target and mind seer that one?

thanks for any replies
    If the mobs are going to last the full duration of the dots then yes , putting up a round of dots on them is very much better than just straight mind sear. This is talking for your specific question of 4-5 adds though. If there alot more adds say 10-15 you are better off just spamming MS. If the adds are going to die before your dots run there course then it is also better off to just mind sear. It is a very specific question you are asking so it helps to know what you are asking about to give you an answer.

For example Hard Mode anubarak with 4 adds up + boss it is much better to VT all 4 adds on the inbound as there going to your offtank then mind sear off one of them afterwards. It nets much larger dps numbers than just mind sear because the dots will run there full timeframe.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

If you have Phylactery of the Nameless Lich: dot 1 add and mindsear. Trinket will proc and you'll do insane aoe
    Going over 30K dps on the syndragosa trash by doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0070

thanks for any replies
    For everyone who's asking "well what trash are you fighting?", consider that they explained this in the OP. I'm guessing you're more or less concerned about the trash before Marrowgar, and in this case, I do toss around some dots on 4-5 mobs (all I can do before I get bored of not seeing big yellow numbers) and then spam MS. I'll occasionally toss out a VT/SWP/MB on a mob in the middle if we're chain pulling trash and mana is getting low, but in general, I dot a few mobs at the start and MS until you're down to 3-4 mobs, at which point I start to multi-dot. These mobs don't go down that quickly, so its ok to let your dots tick a bit from the start, and I even get a full duration on most dots after I switch back to single target when the bulk of them are dead. Also, remember that Inner Focus + Mind Sear is OP, and consider popping a pot before spamming MS on Sindragosa trash (no pre-dotting here for me).

There is a rule for AoE'ing trash with SP posted somewhere on SP.com.

This is close to it and what I try do when I'm not slacking:

With 2p T9:
    2-3 mobs - VT/SW: P refresh with Flay
    4-6 mobs - VT all and spam Sear
    6+ - spam Sear

without 2p T9:
    2 mobs - VT/SW:P refresh with Flay
    3-4 mobs - VT spam sear
    4+ - spam sear

This is assuming adds that will live through the dots duration