Holydin/warrior trouble!

Hello!

A few days ago I started a 2v2 with a good geared warrior. He's mostly Wrathful/Relentless and PvE geared. About 800 resil, Which ain't that high! Me myself is playing a Holydin at 1000 resil, and also a few PvE parts. Anyways.. According to the toplists this is a really good setup but we're having big problems reaching above 1k rating!

We're always fighting team such as Rdruid/Warrior or Disc/(feral/rogue). I'm getting cycloned/feared/Burned all the time and they're just nuking down my warrior like a he's some kind of critter. I'm use to run out of LoS to avoid CC but sometimes it's impossible since my mate is running away or I'm getting feared.

Any advice? Should my warrior mate remove some nice damage and instead go for more resil? or learn to LoS more and switch stances? or is our setup just uselss?

Re: Holydin/warrior trouble!

Well you make it seem like he isn't switching stances from one of your comments. If you're CC'd (which shouldn't be often seeing as you should be LoSing any incoming CC) he should go defensive (sword&board+enraged regen+shieldwall+spell reflect or whatever he needs to survive). He can fear anybody nuking him, disarm, intercept to stun and relieve damage, or intervene back to you.

Rdruid/Warrior I'm pretty sure he just needs to stay on the druid and you'll get a kill. You should be able to tank a warrior if he's sitting on you.

Disc+Rogue/Feral I can't really help you with, but warriors eat priests alive... and you can tank rogues/ferals as long as you aren't getting spam dispelled (which the priest shouldn't have time to do since he has a warrior mauling him).

Good luck, have fun. Hope I helped.

Edit: Also work on positioning.

Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Dear OP.

Please stop.
    Now.. :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Aegina
    Dear OP.

Please stop.
    Now.. :-*
    I second that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Just wanted to check up on this topic and I see everyone else is being really helpful...
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

did you know you can heal with becon while you los the war ?

I play resto druid warrior, and I can bring some insight into your comp from my perspective.

Warrior/healer vs warrior/healer, the strat is /always/ the same. Never be on the other team's warrior, because you're just giving them infinite rage. And anyone can keep a warrior up with just a 50% ms, if they're not being silenced (which, unless you play shaman/warrior, lulz, is always the case if the warriors beat on each other). So the strategy is always, the warriors go on the opposite team's healer. Even if their warrior is on your warrior, he should use that infinite rage to go on the druid.

You have the advantage here. Normally, a druid can kite a warrior /all day/. But because half of his CCs are useless, either from freedom or cleansing, it takes a lot more work.

You need communication. If their warrior starts blade storming, my warrior intervene's back to me, disarms him, and charges back to the paladin.

Here's our strat against holy/war. I keep MF and insect swarm up on the paladin. If he takes the time to cleanse it, I just keep reapplying it. My mana cooldowns, and mana conservation techniques, win this battle over his. I need to apply those two dots because they help eat through Sacred Shield. Anytime the warrior is around 60% health, has UA/MS, and my warrior has bladestorm up, we go for a kill. I start by going over and war stomping him. I shift into bear, enrage, and bash him, and then moonfire spam and hope he dies. If not, then we wait until bladestorm is up again. If he's just not taking a ton of damage, generally we'll just try to win the mana game.

Is he just sitting in battle the whole fight? He needs to be stance dancing, or else he's... terrible.

Remember sacred shield, it helps a ton. LoS the druid, remember blessing on the warrior. Hammer when you're going for a kill on the druid, since that's really your only way to silence them.

Ah well You've been really helpful! Appreciate ur help^^ I'll take all the advices and blame my warrior