Death Knight dps- insanely low?

Hello, i am a long time lurker and a...second or third time poster.

First of all, here you go. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ng&cn=Bumstead

So i recently acquired Bryntroll and respecced to the standard 0/17/54. I ran several simulations and it says my dps should be ~5100 dps with self buffs, so i head to the dummys and try it out. I pulled 3.7k dps with the standard rotations and using cooldowns as normal (ie. glove enchant+proccs+gargoyle). I don't understand why it is so low.

Before Bryntroll i had http://www.wowhead.com/item=51022 and the standard spec of 17/0/54. I pulled ~4200 dps on the dummys. This is why i am confused, i should be pulling quite a bit more but i am not. ???

Tl;dr. I got a new weapon and i respecced to 0/17/54 and do less dps than i did before. Help.

Edit: Do not flame me please, i am trying to do everything to figure out why.
    Ps: my sig is still under construction so it is horrible.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Death Knight dps- insanely low?

DUMMY DPS IS FOR DUMMIES, seriously dummy dps means jack diddly cumquat

15+ Year Old Account

Dummies are for perfecting the rhythm of your rotations, testing the uptime on procs and cooldown usage.

Never, ever for damage purposes.

I pull about 5.5k DPS on a dummy, and 9.5k in a 25 man raid. Dummies have a wrong armor amount (screws with arp), spell resistances, and there are always other dummies near by for various abilities to hit.

Do a VoA every week and test there.

the DK in my guild pulls 10-11k but he also dual wields.

what the guy above me means is that dummies dont register necrosis or bcb properly, since the frost subspec relies on these more than the blood subspec that could be 1 reason your dps went down on the dummy, as well as less of your total damage coming from ss which makes this loss seem even higher. Main thing is dont test your dps on dummies, but the loss your seeing shouldnt carry over into raids.

i do 5k dps when i use my trink and my gargoyle on a dummy
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ang&cn=Argaros
    i dont know whats ur problem but im way under ur gear level

*modified: missing words*

3.7k on a dummy is just...well, you might want to change your gems, shoulder enchants, and level Enchanting to 400 so you can get 40ap on your rings for a slightly dps increase. Otherwise, read the DK guide 3.3.3 on ensidia.com. This is not flaming if that's what you're thinking

Our dps is fine, dummy numbers don't mean anything.

Edit: just checked your armoury, fix your gems and enchants and replace needle encrusted scorpion with something that isn't terrible if you want to be taken seriously.

yea...so does anybody else have problems with some stuff with dummies?
    my necrosis, unholy blight, wandering pleague and possibly more hit 1's

my friend says it doesn't for him so I was kind of confused lol

Is your 2 handed axe skill maxxed?

Is your 2 Hand Axe skill maxxed?

DK's dps is low and druid is bad healer!!!
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Haavok
    what the guy above me means is that dummies dont register necrosis or bcb properly, since the frost subspec relies on these more than the blood subspec that could be 1 reason your dps went down on the dummy, as well as less of your total damage coming from ss which makes this loss seem even higher. Main thing is dont test your dps on dummies, but the loss your seeing shouldnt carry over into raids.
    This. And put epic gems in your gear, lvl enchanting to 400, and you'll be absolutely fine. The only other thing that I can think of that would cost you a significant chunk of DPS is if you mistimed/failed to stack your CD's in the proper order. But without a log or parse, there's no way for us to tell you more.

Quote Originally Posted by DSquared
    yea...so does anybody else have problems with some stuff with dummies?
    my necrosis, unholy blight, wandering pleague and possibly more hit 1's

my friend says it doesn't for him so I was kind of confused lol
    Those abilities don't work with overkill damage, go find a boss level dummy that isn't at one health if you want that stuff to work.

Thank you to everyone! i really appreciate that none of you flammed (flamed?) me (atleast not horribly). I am glad you all came to my rescue, :P

youre doing it wrong

if youre doing 25 mans and only pulling 5-6k dps something is wrong

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood DPS is always good for burst . I usually go 11k-12k (Trinket + Blood Fury + Hysteria + DRW + ERW = Win) but drop down to about 6-7k after a while on most fights . Dummy DPS is about 7k with Cooldowns the armour is fucked up on them though .
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal
    Dummies are for perfecting the rhythm of your rotations, testing the uptime on procs and cooldown usage.

Never, ever for damage purposes.
    This.. You dont have the debuffs on the target and whatnot you would have in a raid.. Use the Dummies to pratice in rotations and test addons for Cooldowns and all that.. BUt nothing else.. Pug VoA or start a NAxx raid to test a new spec.. Its usually what I do

eh patch doesnt have enough HP any more to get any real accurate baselines imo. The perfect baselines for any spec would currently be a fight that is damn near 3 minutes long. "Keeps cooldowns about on par with each other."