Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Soloing old content - looking for advice

Ive got a bear that I soloed all of ZG with, beginning to end. no raiding gear, just fully triumph-badge geared. If you are a skinner, there is some real gold to be made there. you get some specialized leather that is worthless, but you get a crap-ton of rugged leather which always sells well. The coins and bijou tokens stack in inventory and sell decent on ah. Vendor blues and DE the greens. just make sure that you fight the last boss, hakkar, alone, and after you've cleared the rest of the instance and he's easy, but slow, to kill. 2 chances for mounts, a pet. Loads of runecloth as well. I do it for fun change of pace when im bored with other things, not really for gold. but I noticed I came out a lot wealthier after it was all said and done even with wipes learning some of the tricks with bosses. Trash is easy, but beware pulling multiple packs of axe-throwers. They each can aoe+stun and if you get too many, they will chain-stun you while you impotently scream at your screen. (main place to watch for this is right outside the tiger boss where there are several packs in a row.)

Going to experiment with ZA next, i think. Then maybe with AQ20/40, MC, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

15+ Year Old Account

ZG
    All easy

AQ20
    All easy

MC
    All easy, the only thing that could pose a problem is Golemagg and his stacking fire dot

Kara
    All except netherspite and certain opera events.

AQ40
    ∙ Skeram (dont bother with resist gear just slow/stop dps and wait for your CD's to come back up between the splits)
    ∙ Satura

From here on the bosses get annoying abilitys that will stop you being able to solo it.

15+ Year Old Account

Dont know if its been said, but if u go solo on Hakkar, he wont MC and reset
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

anyone got some advices for doomwalker? gonna try him when his up again

Quote Originally Posted by scism
    So - 1) Anyone got any tips on R+J (i went cat and maimed every heal, but she did too much damage for me to survive)
    2) will i be able to do more of kara with my current gear?
    3) is there anything else profitable i could solo with my gear? (ZA, MC etc)
    4) is there something wrong with my spec (shouldnt be.....) / gearing choices (yes hit is a bit low due to pvp gear, but should suffice.....)
    Alright, you should be able to solo all opera events with a little finesse (gear will help too, but the more you clear the more money you can make to buy BoE's, mats, etc to get into your ToC's). This is a little long, so bear with me, but it has most of the information you should need.

a.) R+J: Alright, this one isn't too bad when you plan this out. First of all, get Maul glyph. Secondly, make sure you have their HP bars displayed (default V key). Getting through them one at the time isn't much work, just pop out and heal in between... it's the last phase that's make-or-break. Here's the trick that a lot of mobs do: they will heal whoever has the lowest HP in terms of %HP! This is where Glyph of Maul will help out. They both have 100k HP respectively, so I tend to focus Romulo first... obviously, he'll be the heal target initially. I honestly don't remember how much the heal is, but it's not enough to fully heal one of them. Basic strategy is to get Julliane low via Glyph of Maul while focusing Romulo. After about 2 heals (dependent on your damage output), you won't be able to get Romulo low enough to be the target of the heal. I personally let her heal herself, so Romulo will be pretty low, then I focus Julliane. Next heal you Bash, and Maul + Berserk-Mangle spam should be enough to kill them down at the same time. Takes a little practice, but it's rather doable with 226 ilevel and below.

Just FYI for the other opera events: the Oz event is managable if you prioritize what dies (don't be afraid to blow Beserk early, either, though I save it for when Rawr activates and fears almost immediately)... get Dorothy immediately since she's the only boss-level mob and prevent Tito from spawning, then Rawr, Strawman, and Tinhead (wicked witch is a joke). The big bad wolf even is a test of endurance, but SI + frenzied regen should last you... don't be a hero and try to tank while you have the debuff, you should have enough time to turn/run/kite w/o getting hit.

Beyond the opera event, you should have little trouble with Nightbane and Curator.

Shade of Aran can be a pain, since it's RNG what he throws at you. I tend to wear a couple pieces of polar set since this will let me ignore Frostbolts, Blizzard, and the 4 spawned Elementals (they have 10k HP, and if you have time you can kill relatively fast). This leaves Arcane Missiles and Fireball. You methodology for beating him depends on your ability to DPS him. If you want him to lose mana fast and poly you (yes, feral forms will be poly'd and regen your HP to full), interrupt the Arcane Missles. I usually pick Fireballs since they tend to hurt me harder than the Arcane Missiles. During his Arcane Explosions, get to the edge of the room and heal yourself up as much as you can... wait til the first cast and bear charge to interrupt. You should have enough mana via Imp LotP/Innervate to outlast him... but a flask of lesser resistance couldn't hurt.

Netherspite/Illhoof aren't soloable as far as I know. I've tried Netherspite, but if you can't block the green beam you're SoL. I didn't even attempt Illhoof since I'm pretty sure he puts chains on you if you're the only one there... could be wrong, just never ventured that way.

Chess event. Ah, the bread and butter of RNG. Don't get frustrated, you may get it the first attempt, may take you +10. This will take a bit of practice, but the general idea is this: the actions you perform with a piece under your control will tend to remain the same when you leave the piece. What does this mean? Suppose you jump into the Mage/Warlock piece and focus fire the King, and leave... he's going to focus fire the King after you leave the piece. Alright, so you can put pieces on autopilot to some degree, so now you have to worry about Medivh cheating (this is the RNG part that will make you bang your head against the wall sometimes). First of all, he'll almost always target your King and a piece you are/have previously controlled for fires... I haven't found a pattern for his empowering pieces. Start by controlling the King to start, Hero/Bloodlust, leave the piece. Hop into the Mage/Lock piece, start nuking the opposing King if possible (otherwise, you can move this step after the next). Move the two pawns in front of your King and one healer so they have room to move from fire, leave the pieces. Hop in your healer, heal the King even if he's at full health. About now, Medivh will probably cheat with fire, so you might have time to hop into your King. Fire comes out under your king and probably your Mage/Lock or Healer... move the king first, then the other piece to safety. At this point, take control of your other heal, heal the king, and leave. From here, you can control the King or Mage/Lock to focus down the opposing King. For best results, have your King in melee/cleave range of the opposing King. The only thing that can mess this up is the Empowerment... if it's any piece near the King that will damage the King, it's game over usually... restart, try again.

Prince can be a bit challenging due to phase 3. P1 and P2 are relatively easy since almost all the damage is physical. What makes P3 so bad is the magic damage amplifying buff that's pretty much up non-stop, as well as SW:Pain and the aoe knockback... it's really a DPS race, save your cooldowns for this phase or blow them early so they're back during this phase. For P1 and P2, I suppose if you run into trouble, use the knockback to launch yourself across the room, should give you enough time to pop a Regrowth/Rejuv.

Overall, takes me around 2 hrs to clear KZ now for between 600-700g depending on drops if I vendor everything. You have two vendors to abuse inside the instance, as well as one outside (useful after opera/nightbane since the backdoor is open). Some other instances can net you more money, but it really depends on the AH. My server is pretty much MC/ZG'd out in terms of loot people will buy, and the enchanting mats prices have tanked quite a bit.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta
    ZG is very easily soloable and from what ive heard, much of MC is as well. however, you cant solo hakkar because of his mindcontrol and theres 1 boss in MC u cant solo for some reason... i dont remember which atm.
    Sulfuron cannot be solo'd.
    the adds are healing themselfs + Sulfuron.

e:
    cannot be solo'd by a tank.

I'm pretty sure you can solo Sulfuron, just wait until the adds burn all mana.

I solo all of ZG every reset as a paladin.

I can either roflstomp the whole instance as Ret (< 30 mins) or chug thorugh as Prot (30 mins for bat boss alone, variable on Tiger depending on if I screw it up or not).

There are multiple posts in here regarding not being able to solo AQ40... Is it possible to 2 man everything in there?

apologies for slightly off topic :P didn't want to make a whole new thread for such a small question.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    There are multiple posts in here regarding not being able to solo AQ40... Is it possible to 2 man everything in there?

apologies for slightly off topic :P didn't want to make a whole new thread for such a small question.
    You really start running into mechanics issues in AQ40 and some of the other 40man raid bosses. Prophet Skeram, Sartura, and Ouro are pretty much the only bosses you can feasibly solo as a druid.

In terms of two-manning: Fankriss, HuHu, and the bug family can be 2-manned. Viscidus requires frost-based damage to freeze and a lot of melee attacks to break within a certain time frame (plus the event bugs out a lot still anyways). Twin Emps requires you to keep them separated so they don't heal themselves (so you need at least 4 people.... melee tank, magic tank, healer for the magic tank, DPS that can beat heals if they need to cross... depends on the tanks you bring, but if you're a druid tank, they'll need to cross). C'thun will instantly kill you if there's no one up top during P2, so if/when you both get ported to the tentacle room, it's insta-wipe 2manning.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

With flasks and potions of speed, you can solo Hogger with ease.

Cheers for the advice everyone - some really useful specific and general tips here

I'm now chain running heroics ( ) to get the hit trinket (only at 4% atm) and armour trinket, then i think i'll be sufficently geared (37k in bear form, 40% dodge).

I tried ZG last night (without looking up on it... big mistake). charged in and pulled the first three packs. then spent about 1 minutes stuck in chain stuns looking on impotently as i slowly died... I'll be a bit more careful next time xD

My only issue atm is finding someone to help me form a raid group with my alt without them being dicks (someone demanded 50g just to group for a minute and got aggressive when i declined....)

Hadn't even considered AQ.... My only experience of that was going in as an (unexperienced) guild group and wiping about 5 times on twin emps (this was around ulduar time i think). Then i understood *HOW* difficult the vanilla bosses could be :P

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

I tried ZG last night (without looking up on it... big mistake). charged in and pulled the first three packs. then spent about 1 minutes stuck in chain stuns looking on impotently as i slowly died... I'll be a bit more careful next time xD

My only issue atm is finding someone to help me form a raid group with my alt without them being dicks (someone demanded 50g just to group for a minute and got aggressive when i declined....)
    A word on the ZG axe throwers: just stealth past/skip them. They really aren't worth the hassle, especially in larger numbers. Two is manageable, but anything larger and you can find yourself chain stunned. These mobs, like many other old world bosses/mobs, were created before diminishing returns, and usually DR does not apply to them.

I also haven't tested this in a few months, but once you form a raid and zone in, you used to be able to kick out the other person and not get ported. You could even die and zone back in while remaining in the raided instance. Used to do this a lot in KZ while I was learning boss fight strats for soloing, which took quite a few hours the first few times.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Toddster
    Sulfuron cannot be solo'd.
    the adds are healing themselfs + Sulfuron.

e:
    cannot be solo'd by a tank.
    As with most mobs they go and heal the target with the lowest health, best option is to wear them all down a bit then go cat and berzerk swipe spam.

that particular fight use to take me 10-15 minutes but these days it done in ~3 minutes because i can just use cat all the time.

just avoid the axe throwers, you can kill almost all of the bosses(bat lady & jindo are the exceptions) without having to kill trash

I used to have the same prob getting people to make a raid and I would just do WG then go from there to the zone. All the people will leave party after WG and you will be considered a raid.

i solo tiger and raptor as fury, also do geddon in MC for binding. Also did garr a lot till i got his

I've done all of karazhan on my dk excluding r&j, oz event, and nightbane. Aran was harder than I expected, but I 1 shotted him along with every other boss except netherspite which took about 6 tries. Gonig to try ZA soon.

Ive solod all of karazhan as a moonkin, minus netherspite, maiden and nightbane. Netherspite prob possible but only tried him once.
    ZG is pretty easy too, hakkarr raped me a couple of times tho, finally got him down.
    I guess i'll try ZA next.
    go moonkin or go home.

While this may not be helpful to the your plight in particular, if u want to solo old content, roll a Death Knight. I particularily enjoy soloing old raids, and with my Blood Tanking spec, in full DPS gear, I can pretty much take down any old school boss, Death strike spam FTW.

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

i prefer to solo older content on my ret with a few prot pieces, i have solo'd a few things on my druid but its a lot more difficult
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg