Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: How to get Battle.net Mobile Authenticator COMPLETELY free.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    Oh, and how this is "more insecure" than Mobile Authenticator on a phone? Personally, I've lost two phones already. Now loosing Desktop PC is a bit trickier... And even if it would get stolen — learn to make one partition and encrypt it. You should store sensitive information there.
    You are dumb, arent you?

The authenticator is designed to prevent people from gainig access to your account even if your local machine is compromised and sniffed.

And now you want to tell me you want to install an authenticator on exactly that machine you run the game on and which could be compromised?

15+ Year Old Account

*sigh*

yes, there is for sure a method to acquire EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE, but.. some informations aren't worth it.. you may be compromised having actual authenticator as well, so what is the damn problem? everyone on this forum has a risk of being compromised.. the probabilities vary, but.. hey, with this method you'll have your auth in seconds.. SECONDS.. it's better than not having any..

[irony]and yes, of course i'm a hypocrite, and i acquired (through my own magical way) whole list of users who were reading this topic and i'm starting scanning all of your computers right now.. be prepared for doom![/irony]

irony highlighted in case of someone's clever reply (i dont mean particular persons)..

Quote Originally Posted by rym
    You are dumb, arent you?

The authenticator is designed to prevent people from gainig access to your account even if your local machine is compromised and sniffed.

And now you want to tell me you want to install an authenticator on exactly that machine you run the game on and which could be compromised?

don't call people dumb (or hypocrites) if they are not as maniacally restricted to their own thoughts as you..

additionally, if you are sensible, you would have up-to-date antivirus and anti-malware software.. of course there are scripts which are unlisted in antivirus/malware databases, but it's hard to imagine that someone would create a new one only to do one, particular thing.. even if he did, preventing softwares will have it listed in a moment..

You are dumb, arent you?

No, you.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyfrantic
    hey, with this method you'll have your auth in seconds.. SECONDS.. it's better than not having any..
    Hooray, but you got no security at all. It's a fake. It's not even security by obscurity, because you infact safe your authenticator settings on the same machine you play on.

As i said: One major fundamentals of this kind of security is NOT to store the settings of the token on the same machine you play on.

And you just compromise this. Nothing more, nothing less.

The authenticator gets useless if you do it your way.

irony highlighted in case of someone's clever reply (i dont mean particular persons)..
    Well, who knows..

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo
    Delivery from CA to Ohio took 2 days, you cant wait that long?
    Delivery to Australia costs $25 and takes over a week.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account

Hooray, but you got no security at all. It's a fake. It's not even security by obscurity, because you infact safe your authenticator settings on the same machine you play on.

As i said: One major fundamentals of this kind of security is NOT to store the settings of the token on the same machine you play on.

And you just compromise this. Nothing more, nothing less.

The authenticator gets useless if you do it your way.
    again, i see your point and i admit it.. but chances that something like that happens.. geez, you can get a heart attack right now.. and i bet you don't have defibrillator lying next to you? of course there is an option that you get sniffed and you can't do anything to prevent it.. but physical authenticator doesn't grant you full security either.. so if it isn't full security, it isn't safe, huh?

Either you want security, then get an external authenticator noone else you got access to, or you dont want security, then get none. Theres nothing inbetween.
    there is nothing like security then, because perfect solution doesn't exist.

Deleted

there is nothing like security then, because perfect solution doesn't exist.
    There isnt, but there also is no need to revert a security options as like an external authenticator by using it against its major function, being an external security token.

And you just do that.

Once again: Dont use this option, it wont help for better security.

If you want to add an external token security to your account, get a hardware token or a mobile authenticator, which is not connected to your gaming computer.

Thats the only way to use this security option correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Core
    n too much of a hurry to wait for 2 days and pay a wooping
    USD 6.50/4.9 EUR
    Where do you all keep getting this 2 days from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuvassineu
    Delivery from Germany to the UK = 6 weeks.

15+ Year Old Account

There isnt, but there also is no need to revert a security options as like an external authenticator by using it against its major function, being an external security token.

And you just do that.
    true, but nobody expected something else.. if it would be as safe as external authenticators, then blizz would have made a hypersafe desktop application, but they didn't. nobody expects ultra safety, it's logical. but it's some kind of good solution instead of not having it in any form. i don't question your arguments, because they are absolutely right, look, i'm not impugning it, because it would be plainly stupid.. but I'm sure that it is not as unsafe as you say and it isn't a direct invitation to be scanned..

Not every1 phone get's free Authenticator, but here is a perfect solution! Buy iphone and DL it and u got it free

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvassineu
    Where do you all keep getting this 2 days from.
    Are you still in a hurry? Reckon you know when they will compromise your account?

Also, note that the point of the authenticator is to have an external security device, because the fact that it is external is a major part of the whole idea. If you get a trojan on your computer, everything on it is compromised, and if you have an authenticator on your computer... Go figure.

Deleted

but it's some kind of good solution instead of not having it in any form.
    No it isnt, because it just exploits the main function of the token.

It's the worst solution you could get.

If you want a good solution, go get the mobile authenticator (on a mobile) or the hardware version.

15+ Year Old Account

ok, i only tried to help but there are indeed many disadvantages.

as rym cleverly said and i admit it completely: only physical and mobile version of blizzard authenticator would provide you full functionality of authenticator idea. mine solution, as well as any other authenticators not made by blizzard itself, are not fully safe and if you are able to acquire an original one, mobile or physical - get it, it's the best you can do. if not, try one of other solutions, but only on your own risk.

ok, i only tried to help but there are indeed many disadvantages.

as rym cleverly said and i admit it completely: only physical and mobile version of blizzard authenticator would provide you full functionality of authenticator idea. mine solution, as well as any other authenticators not made by blizzard itself, are not fully safe and if you are able to acquire an original one, mobile or physical - get it, it's the best you can do. if not, try one of other solutions, but only on your own risk.
    Nah I fully appreciate this means of getting an authenticator without using a phoe / or actual solid authenticator.

I personally am not in a position to make use of the 2 above, but having this gives me a way to have an auth. Now, granted people here are stating it's just a false sense of security .. but do any of you really know what a keylogger does ? If ANYONE went to the lengths it took to take the info from account.config or what not then so be it, take the account lol, but generally a keylogger is just simply that a keylogger. This method, regardless of however you look at it provides an extra layer of security, sure not asm uch as if it were external .. but nevertheless it's there.

Now if you still QQ about it, you could always use a siblings pc to store the .jar file and the .config or use your laptop / whatever else. Fact is, it then becomes exactly the same withut the need to own a mobile capable of running this, or buying a solid auth from the store.

10+ Year Old Account

seems the illiegality of this would be enough for this thread to be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Anyways, you can use this and get Core Hound puppy for free.

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9
    seems the illiegality of this would be enough for this thread to be removed.
    What "illiegality"? Android SDK is for free (durrr..) and Mobile Authenticator is, actually, free too on Android Market... <r word>

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    Nah I fully appreciate this means of getting an authenticator without using a phoe / or actual solid authenticator.

I personally am not in a position to make use of the 2 above, but having this gives me a way to have an auth. Now, granted people here are stating it's just a false sense of security .. but do any of you really know what a keylogger does ? If ANYONE went to the lengths it took to take the info from account.config or what not then so be it, take the account lol, but generally a keylogger is just simply that a keylogger. This method, regardless of however you look at it provides an extra layer of security, sure not asm uch as if it were external .. but nevertheless it's there.

Now if you still QQ about it, you could always use a siblings pc to store the .jar file and the .config or use your laptop / whatever else. Fact is, it then becomes exactly the same withut the need to own a mobile capable of running this, or buying a solid auth from the store.
    i agree, but they got a point too anyway, if it was really such dangerous, i wouldn't post it - so practically it is still very safe, but not as much as real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo
    Delivery from CA to Ohio took 2 days, you cant wait that long?
    Not everyone lives at Ohio and Blizz don't sell to every country.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy

As rym explicitly stated, it will compromise your account even more.