Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Grim Batol: Too Many Old Models?

I was looking at the screenshots that Blizz released from their new raid Grim Batol, and I really didn't see much new. In order of the screenshots (left to right) on the homepage of MMO-C I see...
    1) Durn the Hungerer's Model
    2) More models like Durn
    3) More models like Durn
    4) An orc in wotlk Tier 9 PvP gear
    5) General Vexxaz's model
    6) Bronze Drake and Twilight Drake Models (from CoT: Strath and OS3D 25m respectively)
    7) No models in this pic, but it looks an awful like BRD
    8) Well I guess this one's got some new stuff.

So, seven out of the eight screenshots seem to contained recycled models or ideas. I'm sure Blizz is working hard on Cata and hard on Grim Batol, but I feel like it will be Naxx all over again, and I'd like to see some new models and new, different raids along with new tiers of content.

1) Q.Q
    2) You have no idea what you are talking about
    3-8) See 1&2.

Deleted
    If I'm not mistaken, Arthas was just a Human in unremarkable armour in WoTLK Alpha. Quit gettin mad at unfinished vidya games.

Deleted
    When i saw the lock in Relentless gear i kinda figured out its ALPHA MODELS..

Quote Originally Posted by Silence9 View Post
    I was looking at the screenshots that Blizz released from their new raid Grim Batol, and I really didn't see much new. In order of the screenshots (left to right) on the homepage of MMO-C I see...
    2) More models like Durn
    3) More models like Durn
    6) Bronze Drake and Twilight Drake Models (from CoT: Strath and OS3D 25m respectively)

So, seven out of the eight screenshots seem to contained recycled models or ideas. I'm sure Blizz is working hard on Cata and hard on Grim Batol, but I feel like it will be Naxx all over again, and I'd like to see some new models and new, different raids along with new tiers of content.
    I hate it when the placeholder models they use in the Alpha are not completely orignal. It makes me so mad that I have to make a forum post about it.

Oh lol I thought these were finalized but I guess they're still alpha. Sorry!

In retrospect I feel pretty dumb

You could ask your question here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=3

Blues won't nerd rage on you like some of the users here have.

what's the source of these screens? if they're from blizzard directly, then these are'nt alpha models, because why should they show the screens OF THE ALPHA MODELS then? if they're from alpha, then these likely are alpha models..

Quote Originally Posted by schiwing View Post
    You could ask your question here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=3

Blues won't nerd rage on you like some of the users here have.
    Lol yeah I'm not a fan of the nerd rage. I think my question's been answered though

2) More models like Durn
    3) More models like Durn

Aside from all the it's alpha placeholder comments...I just want to point out two things in particular.

Grim Batol has been taken over by the Twilight Hammer cultists who are serving......Deathwing. Deathwing is responsible for the creation of the Twilight Dragons. Therefore it should be no surprise to find Twilight Drakes in a dungeon located in a stronghold operated by people working for Deathwing.

Blackrock Depths and Blackrock Spire were both crafted by Dwarves, granted Dark Iron Dwarves. Grim Batol was crafted by Wildhammer Dwarves. Both areas were crafted shortly after both clans of Dwarves no longer resided in Ironforge. It's therefore not an unthinkable horror that the two dwarven cities would have very similar architecture, in fact if Blizzard were to re-vamp and release Old Ironforge (which was sealed off after the civil war in which the Dark Iron Dwarves were defeated in their attempt to take both Ironforge and Grim Batol), it would probably have a remarkable resemblance to Grim Batol and BRD/BRS given that it was where the two clans were living prior to those cities being made. Current day Ironforge was constructed after the end of the War of the Three Hammers, when a large portion of the Redridge Mountains was destroyed with the summoning of Ragnaros at Thaurissian (original name for all of the city that encompassed BRD, BRS, and the outside structure of which only ruins remain in Burning Steppes).
    Last edited by Sidonis; 2010-06-19 at 12:26 PM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol yeah I'm not a fan of the nerd rage. I think my question's been answered though
    am i the only one that thinks of "ironforge" when looking at these pictures?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../june/ss55.jpg

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../june/ss54.jpg

Question? What question. your whole post was a statement/observation. Never did you ask a question or use a '?'. Rephrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, 9/10 monsters you come by in the new dungeons are going to be reused. They've always reused models and always will. Why is everyone expecting this expansion to be so life changing? It's just a big content patch with a couple new races.

Quit getting your hopes up so high. Really, there's going to be enough QQ when this thing actually hits. We don't need an overflow of the "OMG the game is still ugly it just has better water wtf" made by people who were expecting to install their copy and be playing Aion when they reboot. It's still WoW.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

am i the only one that thinks of "ironforge" when looking at these pictures?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../june/ss55.jpg

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../june/ss54.jpg
    So...one city that is made by the dwarves looks similar to another city that was also made by the dwarves?

Mate...

1st it's alpha.
    2nd They can't make new models for every new npc of the same race
    3rd it's dwarven architecture,used in BRD and in Grim Batol

I want to say one thing too just in general, these aren't even pictures of the raid as the guy who started the post said they were. The Raid is called Bastion of the Twilight, these are all screen shots of Grim Batol- the 5man dungeon, it even explains that in the last two paragraphs of the blue post.

1) Gronn model.
    2) More Gronn models.
    3) More Gronn models.
    5) Faceless Commander's model
    I know what you mean! Next they'll start using Human models for Humans and Orc models for Orcs. It's crazy, I know.

I bet you didn't know that the Bronze drake model is actually the model for several other named drakes in Classic.
    Last edited by Daljo; 2010-06-19 at 12:31 PM.

1.Gruul had the same model as his seven sons...wtf

2.This Drake model exists since Vanilla and was even used for 3 Three bosses in Bwl (Every drake had a spell called shadowflame, wing buffet + one special ability of every drake)

3.Oh noez they re use a model that appeared only 1time.(General Vezax)

I agree that should remade the Drake / Dragon models because they use this models since classic and just recolor it for the specific Dragonflight but those others things are just..."QQ no new models"

It's a 5 man instance at 85 that we're not going to care about for the most point beyond a stepping stone where we show off our e-peens and kick people for underperforming (which would be overperforming by the standards the instance was set at) at their jobs.

eidt: I think it looks a little like BRD because it also vaguely resembles IF.... what do these 3 places have in common? they're all built by dwarves.
    Last edited by yaij9841; 2010-06-19 at 12:33 PM. Reason: added something
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison