Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

The "Help My Raidcomp" thread

Since we've been getting a lot of "what comp is best for us?" or "fix my raid comp" type threads, I thought I'd bring them all together into one giant compilation. Feel free to post a comp for critiques / suggestions, or help others fix theirs.

Thanks!

A good place to start looking at optimizing your raid comp is the tool here on MMO-Champion:

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

It's also a great way to link us your particular setup (via the "link to this composition" button).

Re: The "Help My Raidcomp" thread

Hello,

I feel honoured being the one kicking off this thread with the first raid-comp question.

Our setup:
    Death Knight (dps)
    Druid (resto/balance)
    Pala (prot)
    Pala (ret/holy)
    Priest (disc)
    Rogue
    Shaman (ele)
    Shaman (ele/resto) <<me>>
    Warlock (demo)
    Warrior (prot/fury)

With this setup we were able to kill 11/12 on hardmode. The ret pala and me (the shaman) switch a bit with healing/dps-ing, depending on the boss. Our next goal is the Lich King.
    -Do you reckon it's possible with this setup (preferable with the druid and priest healing)?

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Currently, LK10 hard has only been killed with a holy pally+disc priest on healing (might be some exceptions since last I checked). This is by far the superior raid comp. Pally for tank healing, thanks to the OP-ness of Bacon, and Disc priest for Infests, since a single shield per person should be enough to make sure they never recieve damage from it.

Of course, if you have really good DPSers, you could go with a 5-dps Comp, having a disc priest (way harder to handle Infest without this), and 1 other healer on tanks, and 1 healer to help where needed (DPS a bit, tank or raid heals). The DPS req for this, will of course be quite steep, but should be doable with 15% buff, and quite a bit easier with 20% buff.

Also, if your ret pally goes holy, that means you will have Ele x2, Boom, Demo, Rogue, and DK. This covers the essential caster buffs, but might be a bit thin on the melee buffs. So, assuming the "/" for specs means they have proper gear for both, this comp should be very much in your favor.
    Also, assuming the DK is Frost, and one of the Eles have gear for it, perhaps it would be helpful for one of them to go Enhance for the +% AP buff.

GL taking him down.

We are a casual NZ based raiding guild and need help going into LK normal
    Our raid comp

Pally (tank)
    Warrior (tank)
    Pally (healing)
    Priest (holy)
    Druid (Feral/Resto)(ME)
    DK (Blood/Unholy DPS)
    Rogue
    Hunter (Surv/MM)
    Shaman (Ele)
    Warlock (Destro soon to go affl)

We dont know who should be going heals or if all 3 of us should be going heals

This is my Raid composition, 10-H.

Warrior (MT)
    Death Knight (OT)
    Paladin (Holy)
    Druid (Restoration)
    Priest (Shadow)
    Shaman (Elemental)
    Rogue (Combat)
    Warlock (Destruction)
    Mage (Arcane)
    Hunter (Marksmanship) -- Replaced by Enhancement Shaman if he's AFK.

this is my raid comp: It's not ideal I know, but anyone got tips what would be better?

warrior (tank)
    warrior (tank)me
    priest(disc healing/OS shadow)
    druid(resto healing)
    pally(holy healing)
    warlock(destro)
    mage(ffb)
    hunter(surv)
    Dk(frost dps)
    1 random spot for or another hunter (MM/Surv), a rogue (combat)or a mage(arcane)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sithorion
    this is my raid comp: It's not ideal I know, but anyone got tips what would be better?
    If you could get a tank of a different class, it would be better -- since each class has some strengths and weaknesses, mixing tank classes is generally a good idea, regardless of what exact classes they are.

Every tank can do every fight, though, so you should be able to make it work regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzanator
    We dont know who should be going heals or if all 3 of us should be going heals
    It really depends on what your healers are capable of and what your DPS are capable of. Judging by your post, I assume you're the only healer with an available offspec with good enough gear. If this is the case, you should be the one going DPS. In addition, if your Priest could go Discipline it would be a great help, considering how PW:S can (amongst other helpful things) completely negate Infest.

In essence, go with 2 healers if they can manage it. If not, your DPS just have to be good enough to squeeze out enough damage. You pretty much just have to try it out, I think. Luckily, the normal mode Lich King doesn't have any attempts any more

we are currently strugling whit LK 10 normal we barely get him to phase 2 the issue is that either defile or valky wipes us once we get into phase 2

warrior (prot)
    paladin (prot)
    druid (resto)
    shaman (resto)
    priest(holy)
    mage(arcane)
    warlock (demo)
    warrior (fury)
    hunter (MM)
    shaman (ench) / rogue (combat)

our dps ppl is from 7-10k open for suggestions

15+ Year Old Account

Make sure people get stuns/slows on the valkyr -- your paladin should be able HoJ a lot of them (depending on spec for the shortened duration), your warrior should hamstring when it's not stunned, hunter frost trap, etc.

For dealing with that and defile, try having someone watch timers and call out "move in" 5 seconds before valkyr and "spread out" 5 seconds before defile (or when they're about to overlap, "move in and get ready to spread out", etc).

Let me be the first to thank you for posting these.

If anything, I prefer a Paladin and Druid healing, but if we're kind of lacking, we swap it around about, Death Knight goes from OT to DPS, Priest replaces the Paladin as Discipline/Holy and the Paladin replaces the Death Knight as Protection.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pilkis
    we are currently strugling whit LK 10 normal we barely get him to phase 2 the issue is that either defile or valky wipes us once we get into phase 2

warrior (prot)
    paladin (prot)
    druid (resto)
    shaman (resto)
    priest(holy)
    mage(arcane)
    warlock (demo)
    warrior (fury)
    hunter (MM)
    shaman (ench) / rogue (combat)

our dps ppl is from 7-10k open for suggestions
    Dying to defile and val'kyrs really isn't a matter of raid comp I'm sorry to say, don't take this the wrong way but killing val'kyrs and running from/with defile (w/e) is just part of what you have to do. Some people in your raid simply aren't trying to improve. There is either a skill or motivation problem with some of them, try to pin point who is slacking off and deal with it as a normal leader would. I mean it's LK normal with 20%, sure the fight takes practice to learn but come on.
    "The truth, my goal."

LK10 First Attempts

My guild will be attempting LK10 for the first time tonight, and I was looking for some advice on raid composition

1x Resto/Balance Druid
    1x Disc/Holy Priest
    1x Holy Paladin

1x Prot Warrior
    1x Blood DK Tank

1x Mut Rogue
    1x MM Hunter
    1x Demo Warlock
    1x Unholy Death Knight (Can play Ret Paladin for replenishment if needed)
    1x Enhancement Shaman

Any ideas on who should be placed where, and do what, which char the DK should play as, and which healers we should use (2 or 3) would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussi View Post
    I will eat an entire plate full of hats if there isn't a new raiding tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Re: LK10 First Attempts

Use 3 healers. This is not a DPS race by any form of imagination. Resto druid/Disc priest (Gotta be disc for this fight. Serious)/Holy paladin is the comp my guild used to first down him on 10man. As long as your druid prehots before infest and your priest preshields before infest, healing shouldn't be a problem.

The biggest issue I forsee would be handling Vile Spirits. Your lock can Seed them and the MM hunter pop the seeds, but I just don't think that's going to be enough.

Deleted

Blowing them up might be a better chose if u dont have to many aoe rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Use 3 healers. This is not a DPS race by any form of imagination. Resto druid/Disc priest (Gotta be disc for this fight. Serious)/Holy paladin is the comp my guild used to first down him on 10man. As long as your druid prehots before infest and your priest preshields before infest, healing shouldn't be a problem.

The biggest issue I forsee would be handling Vile Spirits. Your lock can Seed them and the MM hunter pop the seeds, but I just don't think that's going to be enough.
    We didnt have a Disc priest on my guild's first tries. LK died in 2 attempts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I totally stole that post from Dinnerbone btw.

10+ Year Old Account

you've got a disc priest, so everything will be fine, dw

tbh i wouldn't overthink it atm, just make sure everyone has read it up fully, learn hwo your team is handling it as you go on, make changes where applicable.

don't expect to oneshot it, it's a large fight, it's a complicated fight.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula

Rdruid/Dpriest/Hpally is a solid healing comp, I agree.

Honestly you don't even need to really worry about killing vile spirits. Kill some if you can but otherwise stay relatively spread out, use knockbacks/slows on them (hunter traps, earthbind totems etc) and just soak/heal the damage. Shouldn't be an issue... If you can get through p2, you can get through p3.

If the Dk/Ret pally can do comperable DPS with either toon, I'd recommend bringing the pally for replenishment - it's a long fight.

My first kill (which was Thursday) was composed as:

Healers:
    1 Resto Druid
    1 Disci Priest

Tanks:
    1 Prot Paladin
    1 Prot Warrior

Dps:
    1 Enha Shaman (me)
    1 Ret Paladin (with Shadowmourne)
    1 Balance Druid
    2 Warlocks (Demo and Destro)
    1 Shadow Priest

In my opionion you should have Replenishment, the fight is pretty long and healing intensive, expecially for tank healer on phase 1. Another advice i'd like to give you is to ignore Vile Spirits and soak them with the offtank. The enrage timer is kinda short for his amount of hp and a lot of target switching, even with the 20% buff.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.