Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Friends & Family Alpha

Who here is up for having a ahem "friendly" chat with Ghostcrawler to see if he will get us in? We will "offer" him some brand new baseball bats.

So Boub was right.

Anyways - inb4 leaks

Deleted

anyone found something leaked yet? you never know^^

Deleted

Ah, Zarhym is being tricky with words. Notice that didn't said nothing about dates or this being the Alpha.

Huzzah

If you read closely, the Blizz post does not state it is an Alpha. Just that it's Friends and Family. So it could very well be a Friends and Family Beta with no EDA.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Ah, Zarhym is being tricky with words. Notice that didn't said nothing about dates or this being the Alpha.
    This is just splitting hairs. Alpha, beta, they're just labels that don't really mean a whole lot because the game still isn't done yet.

All this means is that they're ready to test it outside of an internal environment.

Tried that

no no you guys misread that..

he said that they can confirm that F&F alpha has already started, he did not say today it started. he said already started not giving a date. then said. that beta is not yet available, which right now, IS NOT AVAILABLE> on webpage. but the F&F he been started already.

wow.com said that according to blizz, that barring serious issues, F&F started jan 12. and provided an update saying the disc image, NOT the F&F was most likely a fake, because blizz would neither confirm or deny it.

SO, that means F&F have been around for a while. and we are about to see Beta, ( I predict at conf on may 6) lol or at least hoping.
    You will all fall at the Hand of my Shroomy Mine field!!
    WHAT!? Nerfed already 10 yards, no 3yrds, and only 3 out at any one given time? BLARRG
    ok well you will all, er some of you might be extremely unfortunate enough to maybe die at the hand of my 3 capped shroomy minefield!!! eh..heh

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn
    This is just splitting hairs. Alpha, beta, they're just labels that don't really mean a whole lot because the game still isn't done yet.

All this means is that they're ready to test it outside of an internal environment.
    Alpha or Beta is the difference of NDA or no NDA. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_yoshe

he said that they can confirm that F&F alpha has already started, he did not say today it started. he said already started not giving a date. then said. that beta is not yet available, which right now, IS NOT AVAILABLE> on webpage. but the F&F he been started already.

wow.com said that according to blizz, that barring serious issues, F&F started jan 12. and provided an update saying the disc image, NOT the F&F was most likely a fake, because blizz would neither confirm or deny it.

SO, that means F&F have been around for a while. and we are about to see Beta, ( I predict at conf on may 6) lol or at least hoping.
    Exactly. Someone else got it.

I'm also pointing to May 6th for the announcement.

This. In better english.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&cn=Pirnocos

lets be honest they're going to release a bunch of info or stuff is going to get leaked when were all watching the new iron man movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

10+ Year Old Account

I love how Zarhym has been doing a lot of word play. A lot of the blue posters have.

Did you read Zarhym's 2nd post to that thread? Blows your explanation out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashtestdummy
    lets be honest they're going to release a bunch of info or stuff is going to get leaked when were all watching the new iron man movie
    Wait, when does it come out?
    God; I hate you people.

10+ Year Old Account

I just hope that the alpha will hurry up and get to beta so we won't have to wait so effing long with nothing but ICC to do... how long have past f&f alphas lasted anyway?

This should be pointed out.

Yes, we can confirm that the Family & Friends phase of the testing process for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm has begun. The closed beta test phase has not yet started, but we will provide updated information when it does.
    By this, you mean F&F begun a while ago, and the closed beta test phase is starting tomorrow?
    No.

Alpha or Beta is the difference of NDA or no NDA. Nothing more.
    Except that the NDA doesn't really mean much anyway, all it means is that blizzard can pull down leaked content on a site that's willing to back down, they're not about to spend the money to sue anyone who breaks NDA, it's not worth it.

OH BOY! Hopefully on the 6th they'll announce when the closed Beta will begin too.