Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paladin Shaman 2v2

Hi there ;D

Me and my friend wants to start a 2v2 i am playing paladin and he is playing shaman.
    So my question is should i be retri / holy / prot ?
    And should he be Enhancement / restoration / Elemental?

Both of us have thought about the combo Resto shaman and retri paladin, or Holy paladin and Elemtal shaman, because of the burst dammage to kill one player in 2sec or so

but most likely i would like to see your oppinion and afterwards decide which we would choose

Re: Paladin Shaman 2v2

Ele/holy
    but you should start ele/ret paladin before 1.8k makes the grind faster.
    Otherways resto/ret but you won't go that high.
    Pew pew

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qafaf

false
    ive run that to almost 2600.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

If you want to be the healer play resto/prot.
    If you want to dps play ele/holy but you prolly won't get too high.

I would suggest going for Resto/Prot, strong burst when its needed and much more control thanks to Avenger's Shield.

So we should be playing elemtal / retri untill we reach over 1400rating and afterwards should i change to holy and play holy / elemental?

and is it a good combo because i am not used to do arena neither is he.

Why playing protection paladin in arenas, isent that just giving high survival but low dammage? compared to retribution.

When you play protection in arena, you'll see that the damage is very similar, and as you get a snare AND a shorter stun, you'll be able to be doing damage more often. I currently play resto/prot in 2v2, as well as resto/disc/prot in 3v3, and I can normally out-damage most other DPS.

What you lose is the ability to heal with instant Flash of Lights but gain the survival Ret really lacks. Holy Shield + Sacred Shield has negated all the damage of a warrior's bladestorm, a rogue's mutilate and many other physical attacks. Divine Sacrifice + Imp Dsac can either save my healer or give me the time needed to survive while he drinks to full, and thats without sacrificing the increased damage from Seals of the Pure if I was Ret.

The combos we lose to are normally Resto Druid/Aff Lock, and thats normally because the lock drains my partner and as Ret I'd have even less options to stop him (Repent vs Avenger's Shield, AS wins out) and Mage/Priest can be tricky, while others easy.

I never played Holy/Elemental, so can't really comment on that.

Protret is better than ret in every way right now, bar none.

i've played both ret/resto and prot/resto and both were completely fine.

Prot/Resto is a lot more fun than Ret/Resto but if you just wanna have fun Prot/Ele seems like it'd be hilarious and annoying. >_<

10+ Year Old Account

Holy / Enhance works out pretty well from what i've heard

Holy / Ele is awesome too...

i suggest holy/resto to piss people off once u have all ur stuff.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Ret does more overall damage and is a little more mobile, while prot does a little less damage but alot of burst every 15 seconds or so (while having a silence, increased survivabilty, and lower HoJ CDs)

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    Holy / Ele is awesome too...
    Yeah awesomely countered by anything with offensive dispels+manaburn/drain.

I played the comp to 2.2k for the achievement and I refuse to play another game. It's hell on earth. Be prepared for 15 minute matches on average (expect more). You'll counter most melee based double dps and occasionally get gimped by a destro+mage/ele. But yeah mana burn/mana drain is your worst nightmare and druids are annoying as tits to kill.

Conclusion: Resto+Ret. Came up against quite a few good teams running this comp. The ret has to be running with quite a bit of PvE gear I believe (at least it felt like he was a truck).
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Resto shaman prot paladin u need to have mp5 gear! Not like those others heal with crit chance gear useless ftw i tried it went to 2k thats all, after that games get long and longer u will lose because u wont have mp5.

Elemental shaman Retri paladin ftw seriously it works, its the same as elemental rogue just nuke someone but now u got more burst and retri is not so easy killable as a rogue, he can also just HoP you
    use HoP when nuking someone with wings then openent team's melee cant do shit ^^

You should go ele retri in my opinion i dont think u will like playing 20 min games for 17 points
    ele retri is fun game ends in 2 min, even if you lose you can que back up. Fast games ftw and u will most likely win 70% with that setup

the good thing about it is retri and you can heal so if you dont make it the first time a kill that is.
    both heal at the same time and it will do magics just see

btw my armory link if u need to check spec gear or anything go with 1300 resi is good, or if ur not as good geared like me you should run on 1200 resi for now, or take 2x 2 set bonus for extra 100 resi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Taker%C3%A1

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Taker%C3%A1

Quote Originally Posted by Namy
    So we should be playing elemtal / retri untill we reach over 1400rating and afterwards should i change to holy and play holy / elemental?

and is it a good combo because i am not used to do arena neither is he.
    Honestly, If you both have never done arenas before I would just play whatever spec you are both experienced and comfortable with. Forcing both of you to play a foreign spec based on optimal comps will most likely hinder your possibilities. If you both are used to playing enhancement and ret, stick with it. You will get a higher rating with that then spec'ing ele and holy for the first time.

Been playing Ele/retri with a friend of mine for about 2 weeks now and it's been a blast! None of us with any prior arena experience.
    While I may be verbose in matters; I shall sum up for you. I do not see the predicament at hand! You have so keenly noted, albeit in your belligerent and less-than-able way, that your team-mates, specifically those from Hakkar, have CAPTURED the flag. I do stop at this point to inquire; is this not the purpose of Capture the Flag? The flag has been captured, I can see this as quite a fulfillment of the requirements of Capture the Flag styled games.

One of my friends got to 2k playing ret/enhancement ;D

On topic: Resto/Prot looks nice

Ive been playing alot arena on my rogue, and my warrior but that is not the same as playing paladin.
    But actually playing prot paladin seems to be a good choise to be honest, just till ill get my holy geared up ^^

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qafaf
    Ele/holy
    but you should start ele/ret paladin before 1.8k makes the grind faster.

NO! Just No

Ele/Healer In 2vs2 Is a Bad idea U wont get far ! Go 2 dps