The collector's edition thread!

Hi there, here we can discuss collector's edition versions of games we can if we should go standard or collector's for that game, what is it worth etc...

and we can list our collector's edition fav's etc :P.. Mine is the Bioshock one! XD

I know this thread might be lame to some.. but whatever.. showoff is phuun thymme11

Re: The collector's edition thread!

my personal favourite has to be the Halo 3 Legendary, first time my window cleaner saw that he litterally bricked it almost fell off the ladder and screamed "what the fuck is that!" which is kinda what you want from something like that! The GTA4 one was clever although lacked any real "wow!" factor, loved the Doom 3 one on Xbox purely for the retro feel on Doom 1&2, special mention has to go to the MW2: Prestige Edition too - the goggles are cheap as hell but are so bizzare it's good!

I'm usually a sucker for stuff like that though, got too many steel tin cases which dont fit in racks properly & random extra content oh and the frankly awesome Fallout 3 lunchbox!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account

If it's a game I've been looking forward to for a long time, and I know I'll be playing more than once...I'll buy the CE.

For example I bought the ME and DA:O CE, but didn't buy the FF XIII one
    I don't buy CEs for the "wow" factor in the first place, but for the insight stuff, like the Artbook from ME2 or the Making of+Soundtrack dvd from DA:O. I also really like Steelcases, they simply look great in my shelf.

Deleted

Im not really into all that extra jazz, paying for more than I need. I find little pleasure in a mousepad showing the map of Northrend and the like. But when I went to buy WOTLK, the lady at the register asked if I had ordered the special edition. I said "If I say yes, can I buy one?". Turns out they had a few extra, and I snatched one. Got me an ingame pet, and a CD I've never listened to :P

Bioshock 2 collecters edition, just because it looks so...
    And the Bioshock Steelbook, if the extra £5 counts.
    And the MW2 one, just so I can jab at Soap's eyes with a needle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

I've never understood Collector Editions. When I buy a game, I want to buy the game, not get some pointless night vision goggles (MW2) so I can feel cool in the dark when it's really not.

The only Collector Edition I ever got was Halo 2. I will never sell it in 50 years for 100,000$ because chances are it will be a long forgotten game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I like to get collector's editions of games, just because I like to added fluff to it, just personal preference. My favorite ones are the box sets for Lunar and Lunar 2 on the Playstation, they are very well put together packages. You get hardbound instruction books and other pretty fancy items, like maps and whatnot. Very cool box sets, wish more collector's editions were like those.

I've got the Fallout 3 lunchbox edition, too. It's pretty nice.

i'll get the special edition if it offers something that people who buy the normal edition don't get.
    but if it is just early unlocks or something then what really is the point you have just spent money on something you will get anyhow.

BF:BC2 for instance you just got a lot of early perks which was a complete waste of £5

i don't think i would buy it with an action figure either. when a special ed comes out with something like a controller or something usefull then it is a maybe if your not getting powned by the price.

I only have 4 collector edition games atm.

Halo 2 - Liked the collectors editions box and it was only 5$ more.
    Halo 3 - Didn't buy the helmet edition since it was way overpriced but I still got the collectors edition.
    BF 2 - Just because i needed a headset and you got one with it
    Oblivion - I got it just because I wanted the map and coin, they are awesome looking and totally worth the extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    I only have 4 collector edition games atm.

Halo 2 - Liked the collectors editions box and it was only 5$ more.
    Halo 3 - Didn't buy the helmet edition since it was way overpriced but I still got the collectors edition.
    BF 2 - Just because i needed a headset and you got one with it
    Oblivion - I got it just because I wanted the map and coin, they are awesome looking and totally worth the extra money.
    Lost the coin :< my first CE, i fucked it up i was careless back then..

now on my wall i have AC2 box, Ezio figurine and the game itself, Bioshock special edition, Bioshock 2 special edition the Bioshock 1 i haven't taken the figurine out, everything is in their boxes, cept the AC2, else than that i have GoW2 CE, MW2 CE, WotLK CE, Mass Effect 2 CE and Halo Wars CE.

depends of the game..some collectors editions games doesnt feel sooo colectable..if you knwo what i mean..
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Im not really into all that extra jazz, paying for more than I need. I find little pleasure in a mousepad showing the map of Northrend and the like. But when I went to buy WOTLK, the lady at the register asked if I had ordered the special edition. I said "If I say yes, can I buy one?". Turns out they had a few extra, and I snatched one. Got me an ingame pet, and a CD I've never listened to :P
    Haha same for me but some guy gave me his pre-order that worked there at the midnight release.

If you have the extra money why not. It normally gives you extra things you don't ever use but there's almost always at least one thing you will. I still use my northrend mousepad =]

Deleted

Collector's editions from the game makers themselves are usually wonderful and really contain some benefit, but if you buy stuff from steam the so-called "digital deluxe editions" aren't worth your money. They usually contain some cosmetic change and nothing useful.

Also Battlefield: Bad Company 2 collector's edition was rather useless, even though it was the same price as the normal game. It contained some unlockables that anyone can get during one day of gameplay without even being hardcore.

I pick up CEs for games that I've been really looking forward to.

I currently have the Bioshock 1 and 2 CEs on PC (two of the Bioshock 1 CEs, one still sealed even), simply because I think the games are fantastic fun. The Big Daddies are pretty naff, but still

I also bought the Fallout 3 CE - it was a REAL Collector's Edition, with artbook, CD, bobblehead and even a lunchbox. Worth every penny. I work in a second-hand shop called CEX, and we had one of the PS3 Fallout 3s with the power armor statue, so I was able to buy it and trade in the game without figure for it. Cost me about £2 for the statue in the end

I also have the Warcraft 3 CE, and Wrath CE of course.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7