need help on a mmo

hey some help would be nice i like playing mmo's just normally don't have enough time to play more then once or twice a week. for me that isn't enough to pay for it. so i was looking for a free mmo download game. guessing some ppl here would have some info on one. the only one i have ever really heard of is knights online. other then the really old one's which i really don't want to play. thanks to anyone that can help

Re: need help on a mmo

Yeah, generally this is a WoW forum, but occasionally people chime in with other requests. There are a few free games. Dungeons and Dragons Online is free to play, as is Runescape. I think Age of Conan might be on a free-to-play model, too. Most free-to-play MMO's function on a microtransaction system; you'll have to pay for in-game items if you want the high-end stuff. It sounds like you're just looking for something cheap to play, though. Have you tried Torchlight?
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

not looking for cheap just looking for free like i said i maybe get to play 2 times a week

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    Yeah, generally this is a WoW forum, but occasionally people chime in with other requests. There are a few free games. Dungeons and Dragons Online is free to play, as is Runescape. I think Age of Conan might be on a free-to-play model, too. Most free-to-play MMO's function on a microtransaction system; you'll have to pay for in-game items if you want the high-end stuff. It sounds like you're just looking for something cheap to play, though. Have you tried Torchlight?
    lol :P

This topic belongs on the "Video Games" forum, not the general discussions.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

15+ Year Old Account
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

There are very few MMOs out there that will have any gratification for you playing only 2 times a week. I honestly think that playing twice a week is worth paying the $15 a month for WoW. You can actually lvl easier and have a better understanding of WoW than you can of most other MMOs out there since the majority of them require a LOT of grinding.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

All Points Bulletin ?
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Sassy Goat says: Sassy Goat online
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesia
    Sassy Goat says: Sassy Goat online
    This game owns.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

10+ Year Old Account

ePotato's got several notable Free MMOs: http://www.gpotato.com/?m=games

The programmers worked on actual video games so they know what they're doing. I assume they're making free MMOs to try to land their next paying job (lol). Aika, Rappelz, Allods and Flyuff are MMORPGs. The one thing they have in common with many other MMORPGs I've seen is sadly, they're basically WoW Clones. Granted, two of the listed games I tried yesterday (Aika and Allods) and IMO, I probably would have played past the first 30 minutes if they were retail at least.

The problem I have with most Free MMOs is you have to download the client which is in turn used to download the installation files. That's pretty taxing on even high-end laptop computers. My computer's 4 years old and it can run two instances of WoW simulataneously (also called Dual/Multi Boxing). These free MMOs, which don't apparently use half the resources of WoW is pretty unstable and barely runs on my machine.

Of course, I know and understand the problem is my computer. Still, I think the download and intstallation should be broken into smaller pieces--more so since a few of 'em have started experimenting with Expansion-style Patches. Unlike WoW, the game is unplayable until you get the "expansion" so...yeah.

Going back to my earlier comment about the programmers: You're more likely to be taken serious if you wanna get a job as a video game developer if you've got something to show for it. These guys know that and that's why they've been making these MMOs.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I recommend Allods. It may be a WoW clone, but it's a good one.

I heard Hello Kitty Online is interesting.

Deleted

In truth, you might get some enjoyment out of Guild Wars. You buy the game, and then its free for life. Its pretty easy to pick up, and has little rush factor to it