World of Warcraft windowed mode.

I don't understand when I run WOW in windowed mode, it drops the performance of World of Warcraft.

Someone told me it is because the PC does not prioritize world of warcraft on the CPU or whatever.

Is there a way I can change that if it is true so I can play WOW in windowed mode without the performance drop?

Re: World of Warcraft windowed mode.

WoW in windowed mode is the same as playing it full screen the major difference is that your computer is also handling anything else on the screen like the taskbar, or your desktop. You'd probably see more performance at a lower resolution while playing in Windowed mode.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage

15+ Year Old Account

As None said, in windowed mode, your system resources aren't dedicated to WoW. That's where your decrease is coming from. Even though a maximized window seems to be the only thing being handled, the OS is handling all of the background stuff.

What would happen if I set World of Warcraft priority to high in the Task Manager?

Then since I want to stream World of Warcraft, maybe set FME to a lower setting then normal.

Would that work out?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100
    What would happen if I set World of Warcraft priority to high in the Task Manager?

Then since I want to stream World of Warcraft, maybe set FME to a lower setting then normal.

Would that work out?
    Changing the priority is bad idea, because it causes all background tasks to go really sluggish. Any active virus protection, backups and whatnot goes to crapper. If you go this way better idea is to turn off all unnecessary background tasks while gaming, there's a section for it in the "how to increase FPS" sticky.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

There is no section in the FPS thread that talks about making World of Warcraft higher on the priority list in the task manager.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100
    There is no section in the FPS thread that talks about making World of Warcraft higher on the priority list in the task manager.
    No there isn't because you should never turn WoW's priority up in task manager. But there are sections on how to turn off stuff you dont need while gaming. You might not like the answer, but it's the right solution for your problem. Tweaking with process priorities or cpu affinities is the wrong way to go.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.