2's With resto Shaman

I have been told that lock/shaman is a good combo but I'm having a very difficult time finding a lock who knows how to dps and chain fear while knowing how to avoid damage (shield/teleport). I cannot say im so great myself. I've only gotten to 1800 rating. I've also tried with a warrior but did worse and he was much more experienced and geared than any lock I was with.

What are other viable combination's since I'm about out of luck for my 2's team.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Re: 2's With resto Shaman

the least difficult/most op comp to play is definately lock/resto.

theres also:
    warriors, rogues, shadow priests, balance/feral druids, mages, rets/protrets, hunters. and more.
    or you can always run ele.....

I've had success with rogues and prot/ret paladins before. Paladins provide a lot of defense for the shaman so there's a bit more room for error imo. I was able to call for cleanses, protection, and freedom, which was very helpful. Depending on the playstyle of the rogue, you'll be able to play very offensively.

Elemental does not work in 2v2, unless you try to go for the omgzerggib with another dps, which usually is pretty unsuccessful besides the rare rogue/ele.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

15+ Year Old Account

You've already had the best 2 Resto Shaman comps for 2v2, but there's always the Protret Paladin. 3rd choice imo.

if u look at the top rated teams alot consist of this setup, we started playing ti abotu 3 seasons ago (not bothering with vent) took us alot of time but risen to the dizzy rank of 2090 atm this season and not slowed up yet.

as long as they have a brain on their head with alot of practice its a good setup, in fact almost any can be with the right setup.

if ur after an easy ride tho might be better as people have pointed out to find a well geared, kind & skilled pally to look after you, (locks can do it but its not quite so easy), and unless ur well geared getting higher rating won't be a walk in the park.
    I am not a Zombie!!! I'm a very Ankh'd off Shaman!

DK/Shaman can work pretty well up to a certain point, just don't run it if you:

A) Hate terribly long games(talking about 12-20 mins versus average dps/healer)
    B) Have a LOT of Warr/Droods or Warr/Paladins in your Battlegroup. If the warrior knows how to hug your DK 24/7 you'll lose the mana-war guaranteed unless you can get a gib going and the warrior has sub 800 resi. It also gets countered a bit by Disco/Rogue, when the Disc is using normal PVP gear you do have a big chance to outmana him and thus win the game, when he has solace you might aswell leave, unless you got a solace yourself.
    C) Mana-managing 24/7 isn't your idea of PVP'ing.
    D) It gets countered baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadly by affli-lock/healer, unless it's affli lock/Disc priest, there you might be able to outmana the Priest.

Other than that DK/Shaman is ace versus all DK teams(darng, only a few left @ 2.2k+), it destroys Mage/Priest on a regular basis, is an absolute counter to Spriest/Rogue(most of the time) and does pretty well against hunter teams(just expect 30 min matches when you're up against a Drood/Hunter or Pally/Hunter).

Personally I would roll with a Protadin or a Rogue if I still had played. PVE-powered MM hunter perhaps. Warlock however should be one of the toptier setups for the Rshaman in 2's tho. You could also try it with a Spriest, they might run into mana-trouble tho and they don't have the peeling of certain other classes. They do have great damage and utility in the form of def/off dispells and PW:S, along with offheals.

Quote Originally Posted by Relictus

Elemental does not work in 2v2, unless you try to go for the omgzerggib with another dps, which usually is pretty unsuccessful besides the rare rogue/ele.
    i play ele and ive played to 2k with a mage and a rogue. ive also playes to 1800 with a disc priest that still has blues, and a resto druid.

disc/ele is the most roflstomp 2s comp ive played yet.

Playing with a spriest is good fun and is also a nice combo.It gets really hard to win after 2.1k though.

Quote Originally Posted by gemuadrken
    i play ele and ive played to 2k with a mage and a rogue. ive also playes to 1800 with a disc priest that still has blues, and a resto druid.

disc/ele is the most roflstomp 2s comp ive played yet.
    Unsuccessful as in it won't be a high rating simply because of hard counters. I've played ele/ret with a 1100-1200 rated paladin before to 2000. That does not mean it is a successful comp. It simply means you can gib some people to a certain point.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE