Thread: The Skywall

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: The Skywall

that place will be mindblowing when they finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm
    something like Conflux music theme from Heroes of Might and Magic III would suit here IMO
    Naa..
    Conflux music is rather peaceful and doesn't fit with chaotic elementals in Warcraft.
    In HOMM elementals were totally good guys :P

TBH.. i'd love the Skywall architecture to be high elven architecture, this is what immediately springs to mind when I see it.

Abysal wall also reminds me of Naga architecture..both are beautiful,

wow the updated skywall really is amazing I can't wait to start exploring all these new places

anyone else on beta know where skywall is located? I've flown around alot but yet to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva View Post
    anyone else on beta know where skywall is located? I've flown around alot but yet to see it.
    recall reading its supposed to be above uldum.

Doing Photoshop requests.

hmm well then nope its not active on alpha/beta then... all you see is 1 single tower floating on a cloud there not an entire zone (tower has no portals etc) ;/

That would be because there is no Skywall zone, just an dungeon and raid. In the beta (and previously alpha) almost no entrances to instances are active and instead players have to use the LFG tool -- corpse running will get you into the unfinished zones and areas for the entrances in some cases though.

Quote Originally Posted by goodchicken3 View Post
    does this place remind anyone of the Sky Temple in Zelda: Twilight Princess?
    Totaly, when i saw a picture of it i was like: OMG THIS IS ZELDA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Theprophecy2186 View Post
    This, lol

Looks amazing. Al'Akir will, I'm assuming, be the end boss. And with Rag being taken down, and the Neptulon boss model posted.. is it possible we'll see Nep in Vash'ir and my the earthmother in Deepholm raid?
    I was under the impression that elune/ the earth mother was a titan?

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    I was under the impression that elune/ the earth mother was a titan?
    The exact identity of the Earth Mother has never been addressed; there is speculation both that it is Elune as well as Therazane.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    So I'm a little confused... In the lore, Al'akir (the lord of the wind elementals) is said to be the least powerful of the elemental lords and yet he has his own raid while the Abyssal Maw and Deephome only have 5 mans... the fuck?!

Actually I'm pretty sure that the entrance is that giant tornado in Darkshore...

No the entrance is in Uldum actually.

Also Therazane will be a neutral NPC that we don't fight. Also Neptulon is currently not a boss in the 5ms. Even if you see his model its more likely that he will appear in a cut-scene or just make an appearance while questing. If we end up fighting him it'll be later on in the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD View Post
    No the entrance is in Uldum actually.

Also Therazane will be a neutral NPC that we don't fight. Also Neptulon is currently not a boss in the 5ms. Even if you see his model its more likely that he will appear in a cut-scene or just make an appearance while questing. If we end up fighting him it'll be later on in the expansion.
    We help Neptulon during one of the five mans (Throne of Tides, IIRC).
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    We help Neptulon during one of the five mans (Throne of Tides, IIRC).
    you're probably right seeing as the plot of Vashjir seems to the Naga attempting to steal Neptulons power. Not sure if that makes him on our side though. He's probably on whatever side is trying to kill ragnaros atm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

I thought the entrance to skywall was the giant white vortex leading up to the sky in westfall.
    this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpOZn...eature=related
    Q. Why are there so few female politicians?
    A. Because it takes too long to makeup on two faces

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Elemental Plane of Air Only the Djinn are missing (would be cool to have some genie like elementals tbh) Love both this and Deepholme.
    Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is reminded of Everquest by this zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frorgon View Post
    I'm wondering where the access point will be. Maybe Twilight Highlands? Nothing confirmed so far.
    hey i checked wowwiki and it said that a tower floating above Uldum will teleport you there... something along those lines. i actually dont think skywall will be an uninstanced zone, but due to popular demand for it to be one bliz should just make it a zone :P

im not gunna lie, id way rather hang out in a beautiful sky city than dalaran for another 2 years
    Think for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skvadrin View Post
    I thought the entrance to skywall was the giant white vortex leading up to the sky in westfall.
    this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpOZn...eature=related
    Nah, its above Uldum and the Tol'vir are somehow related to the air elementals in a unknown way.

That is just the cataclysm wrecking both planes and causing some to spill over.

Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus View Post
    "Neptulons Rise" in one of the vash'jir 5 mans. Also if he was a boss for a future patch, his model wouldn't be ready in alpha.
    He was planned for the 5 man dungeon Abyssal Maw, but then they realised its a 5 man dungeon and he is an Elemental Lord