Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: PVP: I can't kill anything - Please help

PVP isn't about "killing" people per say. That's like saying you can't kill the bosses in a raid by yourself.

In a 1v1 scenario, sure, you're going to fight to the death and one of you might come out on top.

But, I'm guessing that, as a rogue, you use Stealth to get past all the fighting, then go to the very back to capture the flag/whatever, and then when you open on some unsuspecting fellow one of his teammates jumps in to help him out?

Point being, you need a partner. Even if it's 2v5, that's still better than 1v2. Find someone who supports you as a team (if you're assass, you'd probably do well with someone ranged or who could heal you), and stick close to them while you fight. I guarantee you your chances of winning will quintuplify.

There's also the issue of healers. Every battleground needs to be composed of 1 healer for every 4 dps. The game is essentially designed around healers healing parties, if you're wondering where that number came from. If you fight alone, outside of groups of people, you're going to lose to groups with healers. If you have a healer on your side as well, it will even things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezagred
    Diminishing return:
    4CS - 2CS - 1CS
    and he has basicly wasted all his important cooldowns
    that's nice
    Oh and
    60 Energy to use CS
    In the time of 13 seconds, you have regenerated the total amount of 130 energy, without adding all the talents to help, of course.
    Work it out yourself.
    Dont try to use logic. Obviously rogues have infinite energy and 0 DR on any of their stuns.

but yeah, something like cheap(4s) ->kidney(trinketed) -> vanish -> Sap him till DR is up and kidney is back. Cheap(4s) -> kidney(6s) -> chain pop cooldowns, cloak/vanish reopen. cheap-kidney

Stuff like using gouge when your deadly stack is near falling off(even tho you know it will break) so you can buy time to blind them helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesphinx
    Even if it's 2v5, that's still better than 1v2.
    I don't see how you get that. Depending on the situations, your cc, and cooldowns up (yours and theirs), you can win a 1v2. 2v5 is far far harder, its basically impossible for 2 people to CC 3 people for an extended period of time meaning you are constantly out numbered where as 1v2 you can potentially knock the second player out long enough to kill the first in a 1v1.

Ever beat the other team in 2s if your partner dies before either of them? Definitely happens. Now coming back in a 5s match when its down to 2v5, thats a whole lot less likely.

Don't just pull random crap out of nowhere and post it like its a fact when it doesn't even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    I don't see how you get that. Depending on the situations, your cc, and cooldowns up (yours and theirs), you can win a 1v2. 2v5 is far far harder, its basically impossible for 2 people to CC 3 people for an extended period of time meaning you are constantly out numbered where as 1v2 you can potentially knock the second player out long enough to kill the first in a 1v1.

Ever beat the other team in 2s if your partner dies before either of them? Definitely happens. Now coming back in a 5s match when its down to 2v5, thats a whole lot less likely.

Don't just pull random crap out of nowhere and post it like its a fact when it doesn't even make sense.
    I stand by what I said. I would much rather be going up against 5 people with a healer or someone who can kite/control from a range than have to take on two people entirely alone.

Chances are, you'll lose either way. But at least when you have a partner the two of you can kill at least one of their team before you die, even if that person is a healer.

Search the internet for a realy good spec.
    try & find a realy good rogue to help teach you abit.
    check youtube & WC movies for tutorials on different classes.
    PRACTISE as much as you can.
    make sure you keybind.

Other than that ther isnt mnuch to it

Quote Originally Posted by Noldi
    tl;dr - you can stun your target

Rogues: They can stun their target.

Ahhhh just do what I did :P get as much ArP as you can for Sub spec (1316 is cap I THINK for Sub) then Spec into an Improved Ambush/Backstab/Eviscerate spec.

Shadowstep Ambush stupid players 10K+ backstab em for 6-9k finish them with an equally powerful Eviscerate.

More often then not my targets die b4 I get to eviscerate.

You MUST pick your targets though and you must be cheap, really really dirty cheap which is one of the main reasons I like it :P I wouldnt even call it a skilled pvp rotation rather just being a c**t because I CAN!!! ;D

EDIT: In the spec I made I didn't even TAKE relentless strikes :O yer I went there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Noldi
    If your not well geared you will not do much damage, and you die easily as well.

What I suggest you do is take the coward rogue method.

find someone who is alone unless you have backup yourself
    sap - wait for them to use trinket
    Cheapshot: 4 sec
    5p Kidneyshot: 6 sec
    (vanish)
    (preparation-vanish)

thats 18 sec stunlock even without bombs, and you also have evasion and cloak of shadows

you should be able to kill someone in 18 sec especially when after that you can have 15sec of awesome dodging or 5 sec immune to spells.

tl;dr - you can stun your target

edit: it cant be your gear cause you have waaay better gear than my rogue and he owns in battlegrounds

oh and you can gouge in there too lol
    You are a fucking idiot ....

what about DR?

l2p

okay to get on with trying to help the OP

this is the spec that i use and i know i have shite gear but this character only gets used for a bit of a laugh now and again i really dont play her much

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...Evayne&group=1

make sure you have addons such as classtimers to watch your stuns and practice a lot, get used to watching opponents buffs and debuffs too and learn how to counter them, you have a lot of safety net/utility abilities at your disposal.

make sure that you're familiar with your own keybindings too, i see so many people that end up mashing the wrong buttons and popping cold blood instead of hitting something they actually want.

another thing that may help (for 2 - 3v1 situations) is getting yourself a decent set of mouseover macros for deadly throw, blind, sap and gouge.

hope you can find some info of use here, but i am as mentioned not a pro rogue player i just do it for fun occasionally

pick your fights. easy looking opponents - anything under 20k hp.
    fight dirty. disarms, pots, blow all cooldowns
    run away if its not guaranteed.

be a rogue damnit.
    It's just a game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by hrvatbrb
    I couldn't watch this thread going in wrong direction anymore, I fucking had to log in and write this.
    There are NO DR's at all on Cheap Shot so you can spam it all you want and it'll be 4 sec each time.
    And it's not affected by DR's so after kidney shot you'll still get 4 sec CS.
    L2p the class before posting stupid responses...
    No DR on cheap shot... except for all opening stuns and Cheap Shot itself... soooo GL:HF with spamming Cheap shot...

Quote Originally Posted by hrvatbrb
    I couldn't watch this thread going in wrong direction anymore, I fucking had to log in and write this.
    There are NO DR's at all on Cheap Shot so you can spam it all you want and it'll be 4 sec each time.
    And it's not affected by DR's so after kidney shot you'll still get 4 sec CS.
    L2p the class before posting stupid responses...
    Wow you're dumb. You just had to log in and write incorrect information... next time don't even bother.

No cheap shot does not share DR with kidney shot. Yes it does share DR with itself. If you open with a cheap shot and then shadow dance for extra ones, then it will get DR and not be that useful.

l2p the class before posting stupid responses...