Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Lost trauma to a paladin

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Gives a Buff
    Trauma sucks for a paladin. Completely. But that paladin did win it fairly, so you have to deal with it.
    Urgh. So many ignorant people. I can't even be bothered arguing it because your head is so far up your own arse you won't care anyway.

Also, Trauma will increase your GEARSCORE!!!?!!?/1one!121, isn't that all people care about nowadays? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If he had the most DKP then he should have gotten it. If you were doing a loot council I could see it going the other way, as it is better for druids, but since you follow a DKP system it's different. Lockjaw is amazing for any healer.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

It's not 'bad' for palladins, but there are certainly more viable options imo. There are certain cases where a little loot council should take place in a guild with decent leadership (you don't give the bow to the rogue over the hunter (unless you are in Vicarius) or the one handed dagger to the hunter over the rogue). I guess it depends on how serious the guild is and how much the leaders pay attention/know the classes, but a lot of people do bid on shit that is WAY better for other people in the raid, something I have never done and never will do, because my head isn't up my ass just because I have the highest DKP/PR or w/e. The point I'm making is its not about the individual, its about the raid as a whole, because you don't raid by yourself. This is why all the best guilds in the world pretty much stick to loot council so they can min/max all of their raiders properly and quickly (and many also give priority to tanks on tokens and the like).

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109
    remember you can wear 3 trinks. with having 2 better trinkets it's a dick move to take it over people who will have 0 replacements for it.
    QQ? an upgrade is an upgrade and DBW is a HUGE upgrade to anything below it.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

15+ Year Old Account

Basically all I can say is what a lot of other people in the thread have already said. Your guild uses a loot system that seems to have worked for you until now. Every loot system has its downsides, and you just saw one of the downsides of DKP. There are many upsides to this system as well. If you don't like the way it works, I suggest you find a new guild as from what you've said the officers seem to be ok with the result.
    I have been in both DKP based and loot council based guilds. I personally prefer loot council, but that's because I feel like the officers in my guild are both fair and knowledgeable about the nuances of various classes. If I felt differently, I would probably prefer DKP. It's just a matter of preference really.

In a nutshell, it doesn't matter how good or bad it is for that person. They fairly earned that item through your guild's loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    QQ? an upgrade is an upgrade and DBW is a HUGE upgrade to anything below it.
    It's still a dick move taking trinkets over others when it's BiS for them. with how few and far between good trinkets are. Especially when it's worth more raid dps for your guild giving it to a class that utilizes the arp.

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109
    It's still a dick move taking trinkets over others when it's BiS for them. with how few and far between good trinkets are. Especially when it's worth more raid dps for your guild giving it to a class that utilizes the arp.
    Wow, what a fail comment. The difference in raid DPS worth changes mattering on what trinket that person WAS using vs what they are receiving.

player y 226 emblem belt
    player X has 245 ToC belt

Even if its BiS for player X and second on the list for player Y it is infact a better upgrade for the raid as a whole to give it to player Y. (there are, of couse some lower level pieces that break this idea in that some 226s are better than 245s. Especially if you have a boomchicken stacking agility or something stupid like that)
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    Wow, what a fail comment. The difference in raid DPS worth changes mattering on what trinket that person WAS using vs what they are receiving.

player y 226 emblem belt
    player X has 245 ToC belt

Even if its BiS for player X and second on the list for player Y it is infact a better upgrade for the raid as a whole to give it to player Y. (there are, of couse some lower level pieces that break this idea in that some 226s are better than 245s. Especially if you have a boomchicken stacking agility or something stupid like that)
    Not when it comes to endgame. Just because it's a bigger up doesn't mean they should get it. If you are clearing content when small gear differences really make a difference, player y will have access to his own BiS probably very soon.

If HTrauma drops, is BiS for resto druids and he has a 264 weapon, a pally has a 251 weapon while hlockjaw is his BiS(i don't know if is it, example) I wouldn't give Trauma to the pally just because it's a bigger up. He would wait until his BiS would drop.

Same would go for trinkets. They are just as rare if not more and if it's not BiS you won't be getting it until everyones who's BiS has it.

But like I said, this is the difference between guilds that can drag their way through things, and guilds that can actually do them well and get somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    No, i believe that an upgrade is an upgrade, and the person with most DKP is the one most needing an upgrade. Sure, it might be a bigger upgrade for the druid, but it is still an upgrade for the paladin. If he were to pass constantly on gear, just because he had to wait for his weapon, it could lead to a misbalance in the healers. Heck, resto druids are only battling moonkins (to a very small extent) and maybe shammies that wants a loot piece, so im thinking that probably makes up for it.
    We saw Trauma drop off one of the first Rotface kills and then never again. Drops aren't guaranteed, and forbidden words in raids were "It'll drop again" cuz chances are, they wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted

I've seen many guilds argue things like "well he has more DKP , it'll drop again , it's a bigger upgrade for him"

Facts are ;

Trauma is not as effective for a pala as it is for a druid, it is BiS for druids ... Pala's will benefit more from the lich king mace normal mode then trauma. When it dropped for us first time normal mode , it went straight to me even though I was a lil behind on DKP even our resto shaman passed it to me and it's pretty decent for resto shamans too. Same again when the first heroic trauma dropped. I'm glad some people see sense, BiS is BiS and if you have the gear to be able to use it at the time then definitly give it to the person who will NEVER replace it.

For argument sake , say a pala wins trauma over a boomkin the pala using heroic lockjaw (good example as it's a very good mace for a pala) and the druid is using the mag'hari heroic(saurfang staff however it's spelled...) a side note at the moment with heroic truama I have 880 haste so that staff would put me on 1k haste almost. So basically the staff is worthless haste wise and not needed...
    Now you're guild manages to clear lich king on 25man normal and the mace menethil whatever drops , pala thinks "wow that's much better then this trauma piece of crap" and wins it , now you still have 1 person with an upgrade after 2 amazing weapons have dropped... even if the druid had normal trauma and the pala had heroic lockjaw it's still goin to be better for the druid as the pala will actually replace it , the druid wont. (unless he's crazy :P)