Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to kill holy pally + warrior?

I really find holy paladins hard to kill in 2v2. I play with a warrior/restodruid setup and when we face holypally + warrior the fights last for ever.

Our tactic is to change target to that who doesnt have sacred shield and cyclone/root/stun the other one, but it seems like failing because always that paladin is full mana almost all the fight by hitting someone with melee.

any good tactics or ideas how to beat up holy paladins in 2v2 with a warrior/restodruid setup?

Re: How to kill holy pally + warrior?

Just a game of outlasting them really--since you're not douple dps you're not gonna outright blow either of them up or anything. Just keep doing what you're doing + cyclone spam is your friend & big reason to be a druid in 2s.

I was a lvl 70 NE dk noob, had the flag, used shadowmeld. Rogue came and got it. Blamed lagg lol :P

INC: WALL OF TEXT. Edits for spelling errors and clarity issues.

I play restodruid/warrior, and we do have troubles with holy paladin/warrior. This is our strat:

The warriors are on the healers, pretty much all the time. The resto druid has to be really good about CCing the warrior (He can do this much better than the holy paladin can, so you really should win most of these games). Get in the habit of casting roots instead of letting nature's grasp take your root DRs. If possible, make it so that they're rooted LoS of the paladin, so that he can't get dispelled / HoF'd. When he starts bladestorming, just run away in travel form. Get in the habit of strafe-jumping away from them, for a number of reasons (Including taking less damage from them hitting your front, and when they charge you in mid air, you get stunned but they're out of range to rend/MS). You don't need to worry about fake-casting pummels too much, but DO worry about fake-casting Overpowers. When the warrior has this buff: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=56638/taste-for-blood , fake cast and hope he uses the overpower. He won't sit on it forever, and it's imperative you don't get hit by that + MS. Also remember to keep a moonfire (and IS if you're specced offensively) on the paladin to help eat through sacred shield.

As the warrior, you need to try to keep Hamstring on the paladin at all times. This game is going to be a game of hide and seek the warriors are playing with the healers. Have your druid roots the paladin in place whenever he's in sight, even the half a second stutter step the paladin does because of it helps a ton to get you to keep up with them. Something to do once in a while is charge their warrior and apply a hamstring, before intercepting back to the paladin. It'll help the druid kite extremely easily. The slow + Travel form makes mortal strike fall off every time. When the paladin is around 60% health and bladestorm is up (Bash should be up as well), you're going to want to call out for a bladestorm. The druid HAS to cyclone their warrior, or it'll be for nothing because you'll get disarmed. After he cyclones the warrior, go and bash the paladin since he'll probably be casting a Holy Light during bladestorm. Hope for a cooldown to be popped.

There are two cooldowns you'll need to get through, Divine Shield and Aura Mastery. Once both of these things have been used, that's when you'll be in the window to go for a kill. I generally try to roots the warrior a lot to give him HoF, because hand of freedom on his warrior makes it ten times easier on your warrior. This kill window is relatively small and you'll probably only have one bladestorm/bash combo up within it, so you need to get it right, or get ready for the game lasting another 5 minutes or so. These games generally last ~12 minutes for us.

Now, living through a warrior shouldn't be hard for the druid. He needs to duel warriors if he has troubles against it, because once you get the rhythm down it's awesome going against a warrior in 2s. There will only be one time they'll be going for a kill on you, and that is a HoJ --> Bladestorm --> Intercept chain, and the paladin will be throwing exorcisms into you. You can predict this if the warrior hasn't bladestormed in about 90 seconds and the Paladin starts running towards you. Have your warrior intervene to you and interrupt the paladin's exorcism to help. Save barkskin / trinkets for those kill attempts. There is nothing else you should have to barkskin or trinket.

What steeb said up there is a general rule for war/druid. And it works, a lot. Cycloning defensively, and then cycloning offensively off DRs, is a great strategy to use if the druid and warrior have get synergy. However, there are a number of reasons why that will net you a total number of wins equal to zero against this team. First of all, and most importantly, Beacon of Light. That strategy is great for teams who can't simultaneously heal two people at the same time, IE shaman and priest teams, since it puts tremendous, slow pressure that can't be stopped. Druid teams it's okay against, but with paladin teams, all cyclone spamming is doing is letting the MS fall off. Eventually one of them will get LoS of a cyclone, and then flash of light spam the paladin brings them both back to full health. Doing this will OOM the druid when the paladin has about 90% mana, and it's just asking to get gibbed. Sacred shield is not something to scoff at, but it's definitely something your warrior needs to be able to eat through.

If you use this strategy I outlined here, I promise you'll win every game against this comp that doesn't severely outgear you. Since we perfected this comp, we're 18-2 against this team, and the last one we lost the warrior had Shadowmourne and heroic DBW, he was carrying a paladin and I just couldn't heal through the damage. Good luck with your games, it's a soft counter against us.

Best way to beat Healadin + Warr is to cc and interrupt the paladin when nuking the warr.
    Mana burns etc might not work as pallys regenerate mana pretty fast via Seal of Wisdom, but yea Cyclone spam with Warr fear usually does the job..

Quote Originally Posted by Darunis
    I was a lvl 70 NE dk noob, had the flag, used shadowmeld. Rogue came and got it. Blamed lagg lol :P
    .. what?
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

one of the old tactics , i dunno how it works now

if u can't kill the pally , attack the warrior ,cyc him when he get low to lock his HP , chain CC cyc/bear stun the pally and finsh the warrior , use fear if they are near ,the warrior can have zero healing in like 20 sec

Played properly, this match should be a 45-minute draw. You will not be able to win on mana. The only real strategy that has a chance is as Ormula outlined. Unfortunately, good teams should never give you this kill window: the warrior will save his trinket for disarming bladestorm out of a cyclone when the paladin has no other outs. I suppose you could use NS to re-cyclone him before the charge+disarm, but yea...good luck with that.

Your only real danger is running out of mana. The better you get with dueling warriors, the less mana you will spend. You should be able to barkskin every bladestorm, and trinket every other HoJ. If you're ever in trouble, just have your warrior peel theirs with a charge/dismantle and follow up with cyclone to force off MS. Or just pull the warrior a mile away from the paladin and NG/root and pillar.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown 14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor
    http://vindicatum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik
    Played properly, this match should be a 45-minute draw. You will not be able to win on mana. The only real strategy that has a chance is as Ormula outlined. Unfortunately, good teams should never give you this kill window: the warrior will save his trinket for disarming bladestorm out of a cyclone when the paladin has no other outs. I suppose you could use NS to re-cyclone him before the charge+disarm, but yea...good luck with that.

Your only real danger is running out of mana. The better you get with dueling warriors, the less mana you will spend. You should be able to barkskin every bladestorm, and trinket every other HoJ. If you're ever in trouble, just have your warrior peel theirs with a charge/dismantle and follow up with cyclone to force off MS. Or just pull the warrior a mile away from the paladin and NG/root and pillar.
    It is a good habit to cast a cyclone right after the first non-DR'd cyclone, in case he breaks it. Especially when this happens. But you're right, good teams will be able to get the trinket->charge->disarm off.

It's a soft counter, so you sort of need to rely on the other team not being perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Darunis
    just delete this post plz has nothing to do with anything
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

for one you didnt mention in what arena rating? It makes a huge difference. also if its semi low rating here is what i suggest: Once you draw them out cyclone the pally fast and cast w/e u can on warrior and have your warrior open up on him but with no cds. Then after pally gets out while you have drawn their warrior away intercept and bash hamstring etc everything but skillstorm. this should result in prob halfway down on the pally this is when your druid gets chain cc ready, pop your first cyclone on warrior he will trinket w/e out of it so be ready to pop another one. At this time pally will have to bubble himself. Now you have used warrior trinket and pally bubble. This is when you let the cyclone wear off and target switch back to warrior. Slowly draw him back off again and this will force the pally to come out again to heal. when he does dr should be reset on warrior so thas when you fear warrior off intercept/charge etc back onto pally. Warrior now has to eat the entire fear and you have stunned pally now you can kill him. Pop you stuff and bring out all the stops skillstorm and all. Druid cyclone the warrior as soon as fear is out then root then back to cyclone. If executed correctly a druid can help with slow dmg on the pally while the fear and first cyclone are being eaten. A good warrior will keep the pally from running and all he has left is his trinket which wont really help him. Main thing is to make sure you have pulled the warrior far enough back that the pally has to come deep out to land a heal on him. Instagib ftw pallys are very squishy even through their armor once their bubble has came off. Now a really skilled team will not use bubble for first transition and therefor this wont work but you are prob talking about 1900 and lower teams.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Against low rated teams just dps the warrior and cyclone spam the paladin as soon as you can get LOS of him. Once he's immune spam cyclone the warrior. Rinse and repeat for free win against bads.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Against low rated teams just dps the warrior and cyclone spam the paladin as soon as you can get LOS of him. Once he's immune spam cyclone the warrior. Rinse and repeat for free win against bads.
    low rated teams dont stop the 10k+ instant shock heals

Quote Originally Posted by basics
    Yup. Cyclone spams = No MS

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by basics
    followed by a 6-7k instant flash of light (since a 10k holy shock is going to be a crit...)
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Chain cyclones on pally everytime he uses divine plea.

thats it pretty much

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Beast
    Chain cyclones on pally everytime he uses divine plea.

thats it pretty much
    smart paladins los cyclones when they pop divine plea.

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    smart paladins los cyclones when they pop divine plea.
    smart warriors stun paladins that los cyclones.
    This user has been banned.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    smart warriors stun paladins that los cyclones.
    so i'm stunned behind a box, still unable to be cycloned... not seeing what i'm losing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    so i'm stunned behind a box, still unable to be cycloned... not seeing what i'm losing here.
    This is assuming the druid is an object incapable of moving.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.