Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Disc HPS on recount.

I know recount sucks at showing a disc priests true value but im sick of being told my HPS sucks so im wondering what other peoples HPS is like.
    My gear isn't great since its an alt im using mostly ulduar and naxx gear but im starting to get T9 now. Although even back in the ulduar days I was told my HPS was to low.

I just did voa 10 with a tree and i was on about 2.5k HPS, mostly just shielding the tanks and healing them when I could.

Does that sound about right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Re: Disc HPS on recount.

You're probably doing twice as much if you count the absorbs as well. Don't worry about your HPS or healing done on recount.

most people use recount instead of addons which show your hps AND absorbed damage /=> more hps
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

RecountGuessedAbsorbs is a relatively nice bolt-on for Recount that shows your shield absorbs, it's not 100% accurate but it gives a nice roundabout figure for you to say "I'm a Disc Priest, this is what I really do".

Link: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...edabsorbs.aspx

Skada is a very good add on to replace recount, and omen. It also tracks absorbs+healing.

tree druids do about 50-60% overhealing. divide their HPS by half.

No don't do that because Overhealing has a seperate tab on recount, EH is what's counted under "Healing Done".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    They thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

A good disc priest can top healing meters easily with their absorbs, even with lower gear.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    dividing by half is multiplying by two. what you want to say is "cut their HPS in half" or "divide their HPS by two."

If your showing 2.5k with your absorbs added in your doing about 5.1k hps all told. Gte the addon to recount for heals&absorbs, People like to belittle Disc priests and not count their absorbs where your probably doing much more than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Songblade
    A good disc priest can top healing meters easily with their absorbs, even with lower gear.
    If by good you might right clicking the raid and just cycling through? Sure. But even if best case scenario a druid still puts out more HPS and has greater raid utility. Good thing they designed lichking around Infest or the bench would be mighty farm for Discs.

Okay? You understand that when you shield a target you snipe and healing that could be done by hots right? The picture is a little bigger then you might think and if you have to pick between a disc priest and a resto druid for raid, sorry you are going to pick a resto druid and even if for some reason Disc priests were simply Superior it wouldn't matter since you can only bring one in every raid. Outside of Agalon/LK fights, fights the majority of the playerbase doesn't even see, Disc priests are Average but no where near as powerful as todays resto druids.

10+ Year Old Account

Download Recount Guessed Absorb (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...edabsorbs.aspx)

Download Recount Heal and absorb (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ndabsorbs.aspx)

yes, you need both.

then next time some tard is giving you grief, link him the new improved 'Heals and Shields' chart, which shows you miles ahead, and laugh at how he tries to make excuses. I noticed my 'Hps' going for ~1.5/2k to WELL over 3k once absorbs are factored in.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    Okay? You understand that when you shield a target you snipe and healing that could be done by hots right? The picture is a little bigger then you might think and if you have to pick between a disc priest and a resto druid for raid, sorry you are going to pick a resto druid and even if for some reason Disc priests were simply Superior it wouldn't matter since you can only bring one in every raid. Outside of Agalon/LK fights, fights the majority of the playerbase doesn't even see, Disc priests are Average but no where near as powerful as todays resto druids.
    Wrong, There are entirely too many fail resto druids about. Too many people see a decent one and think its faceroll and end up failing hard at it. Agreed on 1 Disc a raid but its more than viable to raid with and played well is more than worth a spot in a raid. So what if you "Snipe" a place a HoT would fulfil, Thats your slowass fault for not rolling it onto a target before a shield is there and the shield does the job of the HoT anyway just prevents the damage rather than reacts to it.

I too was a little iffy on Disc priests on Skada/Recount. We did ToC10 with a guildy the other day and she was assigned to our OT, he went splat. Fast. We checked Skada and recount and we had a Prot warrior and Destro lock threatening to catch her on Healing done.

At what point does the 'HPS don't matter' defense stop working? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Fennix
    I too was a little iffy on Disc priests on Skada/Recount. We did ToC10 with a guildy the other day and she was assigned to our OT, he went splat. Fast. We checked Skada and recount and we had a Prot warrior and Destro lock threatening to catch her on Healing done.

At what point does the 'HPS don't matter' defense stop working? O_o
    Maybe she just fails as a healer?

PW:S is the single best instant 'heal' in the game, better than holy shock, swiftmend, and anything a shaman has. With 3000+ spellpower you can crit one for almost 3k healing (glyph) and then have it absorb 7-8k more.

It's a 10k instant heal that you can SPAM on the raid. No other class or spec in the game can do this.

Ignorant people make me mad, give me the name of the person griefing you, I need to 'teach' them a lesson

You don't know what you are talking about skada and recount count healing done meaning it only counts the heals that people had less than 100% HP so if you have 20k hp and you get hit for 10k I heal you for 20k healing done counts as 10k and overhealing counts the other 10k.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-feed.atom?r=icecrown&cn=Ridthetitan&locale=en_US
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&cn=Ridthetitan

I one healed 10 man VoA today on my disc priest.

Don't ever let someone try to pidgeon hole you into a given healing role or tell you you're not as good as another class.

I use skada btw, it has a built in absorbs + healing tab.
    If you run combat logs, World of Logs combines them automatically in the healing report.

Mighty Disc Priests unite!

There's a plague in WoW that's being propagated by many decent players in regard to meters and Disc in particular. Mods like Guessed absorbs help matters a little bit, but you need someone who really understands the fight mechanics to be able to interpret them. Most simply post the 'absorb meter' and claim to be doing great. That ranges from halfway sort of accurate to downright wrong. The problem is that a great many people have one of two symptoms of the whole meter disease. The first symptom is thinking that meters don't matter. The second symptom is thinking that position on the meters, or the raw numbers are what matters. Both stances are wrong. Meters do matter, but it isn't the position, or raw numbers that is important. What is important is that the meters give a good readout on the balance of spells cast and the activity of the healer. Absorb meters literally can not do either of these things. They give over-stated absorb figures on most fights, which impressed the position/raw numbers crowd, but because the combat log does not allow for the absorbs to be broken down properly they can not give accurate information on efficiency, or activity.

Disc is over-rated and protected by the combat log allowing ignorance to perpetuate the rating. Guessed absorbs, Skada, WoL and in particular WMO are all completely inaccurate. Learn to accept it and learn to properly interpret fights if you want to be worthwhile as Discipline. Food for thought though, in that regard. Discipline is intensely proud of an instant spell that heals for ~10-11k with the current ICC buff. Compare to Holy's primary instant heal which heals for ~18k, or Druid's which heals for ~20k. Disc has its place, but the reason for only using 1 is not due to overlaps. Raid's can easily support 2 Disc Priests playing optimally. Only taking one is due to them being a pure raid healer, but ranking beneath both Druid and Holy on raid healing. Disc in ICC is being kept alive by misconceptions about Infest in normal, and by LK in hard modes. With the 15% buff Disc is only an optimal choice over Holy in a single mode of a single fight in a single raid.

Oh and in regard to Fennix's post... HPS absolutely does matter, people need to get over thinking 'HPS don't matter' entirely. It does. Also a common absorb percent for tank healing is ~10-20%. So if a Disc Priest is ever assigned to tank heal and defends himself by talking about absorbs, you can feel free to laugh at them.

ps: Never use a mod that combines absorbs and heals together. That's bad. You need a much more complex parse (ie; WoL) for that to be remotely worthwhile and even then it will distort what's actually going on. Always keep absorb and healing meters separate.