Tips for the 'School of Hard-Knocks' achievement.

Anybody got any tips? >< I never pvp, I have no pvp gear and I dont have a pvp spec.

Eots seems to be camping around the flag because of this stupid achievement and WSG is full of premades.

Anything?

Re: Tips for the 'School of Hard-Knocks' achievement.

Camp the middle in eots. If you're a boom druid or an ele shaman or a fire mage you can knock people off the ledge while you try to cap.

As far as wsg goes, just sit on the flag when the fc looks like he's about to die, and just spam your right click button. The box to recap the flag is gigantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Camp the middle in eots. If you're a boom druid or an ele shaman or a fire mage you can knock people off the ledge while you try to cap.

As far as wsg goes, just sit on the flag when the fc looks like he's about to die, and just spam your right click button. The box to recap the flag is gigantic.
    Meh, ill give it a go.

Give up. Achievement is pretty much fucking impossible unless you pvp or have a premade. Fuck it.

Thanks again blizzard for adding retarded shit to the game.

10+ Year Old Account

AV was just a race, your best bet would be the frostwolf towers
    AB was easy as well, had no problem
    WSG was just camping the FC
    and in EoS, i asked the FC to drop the flag so i could cap with my orphan, he agreed as he'd already done it

good luck!!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by GephetVLK
    Give up. Achievement is pretty much fucking impossible unless you pvp or have a premade. Fuck it.

It's doable. It's obnoxious, but it's doable. You can lose completely and die a dozen times and do it.

I did.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer
    and in EoS, i asked the FC to drop the flag so i could cap with my orphan, he agreed
    ^this

if you're actively participating in a bg, people will be omre willing to help, especially if your winning. Even if you have no PvP gear, volunteer to stay at a base and have someone run the flag to you, call out incoming alliance(or horde). that helps more than you'd think.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

I acted like a douche in WSG to get this achievement.

AB = Is so easy its un-real. ... I let a horde paladin cap it while no others where around and he did the same for me.

WSG = Camp flag room. (This was the hardest one for me, had some DK always returning it before i could click it).

AV = I got a paladin friend to join me and we rushed frostwolf.

Eots = I bugged the bubble thing got outside, then i ran straight to the flag grabbed it and ran. (Its easy if you can get 3/4 alliance trying to do the same).

Ill give it a go tomorrow. Tad pissed off with it, probably because im tired so ill see what happens tomorrow. Will probably end up arranging a premade with my guild or something.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I thought this achievement wouldn't get done on my main but it did actually. I got very, very lucky.

AB was just a foot race to be the first to click the flag when the battle began. AV was, for me, a waiting game. 20 of us standing around the flag while the Alliance came in and helped us out ... as long as some random person (also waiting for the flag) didn't kill them before they got the job done.

WG had me confused. I'm not sure if the Alliance who kept dropping it planned it with their Horde buddy but either way, they stayed in our camp and just kept picking it up and dropping it.

EOTS was the worst. I did a few battles with no luck and somehow managed to not only be the one who snagged it but had some people around who kept me up while I ran to our tower.

As someone who does not PVP, I was really hoping Blizz was going to change this one this year. It wasn't difficult but getting the other side to "help" or being lucky enough to snag that flag first could mean a very, very long wait. I have no intention of doing this one this year on my second 80. I don't think I'll be that lucky again, lol.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by GephetVLK

I did it on my paladin which I never ever ever ever PvP on, first try on every battleground.
    So...that must make me Zeus, Odin and Vishnu at the same time?