Thread: Goblin totems

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Goblin totems

Anyone feel that goblin totems just dont fit in with the whole shaman theme? Shamans are supposed to be in tune with nature, not machanical, electrical shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Re: Goblin totems

On one hand I really like them (except for the metal swirl they stand on) and on the other hand i agree with the op. It doesn't fit what we know of Shaman lore, however Goblins may have a unique mechanical way of using the Elements.

Not all races/class share the same methodology when it comes to thier powers ... e.g. Troll Priests get their power from the Loa, Human priests from the Holy Light, Draenei from the Naaru.

It seems to me that they are forcibly taking the elements with their contraptions

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack
    Anyone feel that goblin totems just dont fit in with the whole shaman theme? Shamans are supposed to be in tune with nature, not machanical, electrical shit.
    c
    if they hadnt been mechanical looking... i would've made a QQ moar post

Goblins...

just saying it
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Barado Black
    It seems to me that they are forcibly taking the elements with their contraptions
    OR...slipping roofies in their drinks...and holding them as sex slaves?

OT: Its not about forcing elements to do what goblins tell them to, but the whole shaman theme is being ruined with goblin totems.

Just my 2cents.

Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

yes, they are insaly awful.

just like how paladins are ment to be in tune with the light, and yet blood elf paladins stole the power for themselves.
    The goblins probably payed elementals for their powers or enslaved them.

LOL.. <-- Old Warhammer fantasy player here... I am so excited by Goblin shammies you can not imagine.. If there is a gobbo warrior.. Ball and chain with racial "fanatic" needs to be implimented also...

Esr

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    On one hand I really like them (except for the metal swirl they stand on) and on the other hand i agree with the op. It doesn't fit what we know of Shaman lore, however Goblins may have a unique mechanical way of using the Elements.

Not all races/class share the same methodology when it comes to thier powers ... e.g. Troll Priests get their power from the Loa, Human priests from the Holy Light, Draenei from the Naaru.
    You're assuming that the Naaru, the holy light and loa ain't the same entity :P What if it is? We could all be drawing from the same power, just in different ways.
    I believe I can see the future, cause I repeat the same routine.
    I think I used to have a purpose, but then again that might have been a dream. - Nine Inch Nails

like I said in another thread:

"Tauren get sun-worshipping Druids/Shamans, who are called Paladins for gameplay reasons.
    I suppose, Goblins get a Tinker/Engineer class, who generates electric bolts, uses flamethrowers and such. For gameplay reasons it is called Shaman."

Quote Originally Posted by Baobot
    You're assuming that the Naaru, the holy light and loa ain't the same entity :P What if it is? We could all be drawing from the same power, just in different ways.
    loa and the light are much different entities. Loa are the beast gods we see in ZG/ZA/ZD/GD. they use light's theme purely for gameplay reasons.
    Same goes for Undead Priests and the Cult of Forgotten Shadow.
    Night Elves do call upon the light, but that's not Holy Light, that's the light of Elune.
    Tauren will call upon the light of the Sun.
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

Quote Originally Posted by Diurden
    just like how paladins are ment to be in tune with the light, and yet blood elf paladins stole the power for themselves.
    The goblins probably payed elementals for their powers or enslaved them.
    Blood Elf Paladins (Blood Knights) used to steal their power from a Naaru, but now they get their Holy Light from the Sunwell (which was re-ignited by that same Naaru).

One way to be in tune with the elements is sitting on a fire, jumping in water and hitting your head against a wall (aka the way trolls, orcs an tauren do it)

A second way is measuring the elements through the use of instruments. To understand them and work with them in a more technological way, while still accepting the fact there is a mythical energy bound to them you can't fully measure (yet).

I mean to me, it makes more sense for Goblin totems to be "manufactured". I mean, Draenei totems are like weird Exodar-like alien glowy things, sup with that nature? But the important thing is that it makes sense.

All totems have to be created somehow, they don't just grow out of the ground. Anything could be a totem if you want it to be... like axes.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot
    All totems have to be created somehow, they don't just grow out of the ground. Anything could be a totem if you want it to be... like axes.
    Even axes would make more sense than that.
    I agree with the OP, but I realised that even before they showed the totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    Blood Elf Paladins (Blood Knights) used to steal their power from a Naaru, but now they get their Holy Light from the Sunwell (which was re-ignited by that same Naaru).
    random lore for no reason? i don't see how that relates to what i said at all

Quote Originally Posted by Diurden
    random lore for no reason? i don't see how that relates to what i said at all
    It just means that the goblins have the same approach to gains such type of power.
    They use theyr knowledge in technology to "contain" the power of the elements, don't forget that in the beginning (before the curse of flesh), "we" all were supposed to be some kind of mechanical being, so the possibility for technology to be able to harness elements it's there IMO, even if it's not "titan's tech".

edit: typo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crow_eyeS
    It just means that the goblins have the same approach to gains such type of power.
    They use theyr knowledge in technology to "contain" the power of the elements, don't forget that in the beginning (before the curse of flesh), "we" all were supposed to be some kind of mechanical being, so the possibility for technology to be able to harness elements it's there IMO, even if it's not "titan's tech".

edit: typo.
    Shamans are supposed to control nature with their powers, not because they can make a machanical doohickey. This goblin bulshit ruins shaman lore imo.

Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack
    Shamans are supposed to control nature with their powers, not because they can make a machanical doohickey. This goblin bulshit ruins shaman lore imo.
    But arent they doing just that? controlling nature? The only difference between technology and magic is understanding.