Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: C'thun returns in Cataclysm!

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador
    The old gods cant dead, and, we kill a avatar, no the real old god
    sara was yoggs avatar, right?
    well... she got killed while we killed the big giant head that popped off from that hole.
    but the big head died too...
    how do you explain this?

10+ Year Old Account

As i think c'thun will return in the future i do not think he will make an appearance in this expansion. More signs toward the underwater old god kelp forest monster or those master glaive thing
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Afflíction
    sara was yoggs avatar, right?
    well... she got killed while we killed the big giant head that popped off from that hole.
    but the big head died too...
    how do you explain this?
    No, Sara was an illusion.

Yogg-Saron didn't die. Ragnaros didn't die. Onyxia was killed by Varian Wrynn, not players, and has been zombiefied by her father. Arthas was killed by Tirion (not players).

You, the random player in World of Warcraft, are not a canon character and your actions have no impact on the story at all. The major lore figures are the ones that end up killing the bad guys and getting all the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflíction
    but what happend to yogg-saron then?
    i have seen hes death as 25 man and as 10 man +1 HM...
    hes death seemed quite realistic imho
    will he be back... plox?
    Sara is a illusion, the head with are the avatar. Yogg saron, Cthun, and the others old gods are giant, they have the size of continents.

Deleted

goddamnit :

***Few spoilers here from comics***
    I think its highly likely we will see a return of C'Thun. Chogall, maybe not so likely. They still haven't had a appearance by Medan in game yet, but the events of the comic will probably have a hand in introducing him in game. Whoever it was that posted the data mined info for the twilight cult items is right, they have to do with Chogall and C'Thun. C'Thun kind of takes of Chogall and makes him his slave (even though in the comic all that's left of C'Thun is still his dead husk). So in regards to that, yes, C'thun is still very much alive, and still kicking, just not in a bodily form.

Glossing over a whole, bunch of story line, Medan start developing into a superpower like his father (Medivh) and develops the ability to control several different types of magical powers (pally, shaman, mage, you name it). He has run ins with his mother (Garona, half-orc assassin), chases after her, ends up coming across C'Thun and Chogall. During this time they also set up the story lines for the new magic council or whatever, they get dragged in to the big fight, empower Medan, who in turn unloads a whole truck load of kick-ass on Chogall. (For flavor, Medan's grandmother dies in battle, she is later inturned in the crypt below Khara).

Now I boiled down the later part of the comic series well beyond its simplest form, so much so that I might have left a little bit if the important stuff left out, but should be good enough to get the idea across. My suggestion is if you can, buy the comics, or give them a read through. Worst case, go download them through other means and give them a read through. Was worth the time spent on it. Regardless, getting back to the whole point of the post.

Im guessing we *may* see an in game patch or event that lets us see this unfold. Or maybe blizz will let it lie that it happens out of the realm of our characters, and goes straight into the history book. We will most likely see a twilight group event at some point however, as the data-mined info suggests. The comic ended with Chogall being defeated, and making it seem like hes dead. However, it does not refer to C'Thun being defeated again, so He's still right where he was, a dead husk but still left to put influence on people. Maybe blizz will make it a patch before Cataclysm, something to kill time with, add it in as soemthing to change us off the Lich King arc, and move us onto soemthing new. I'm also going to speculate that this may be involved in some way with Thrall eventually stepping down from the horde and assuming his new role in the end.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrith
    ***Few spoilers here from comics***
    I think its highly likely we will see a return of C'Thun. Chogall, maybe not so likely. They still haven't had a appearance by Medan in game yet, but the events of the comic will probably have a hand in introducing him in game. Whoever it was that posted the data mined info for the twilight cult items is right, they have to do with Chogall and C'Thun. C'Thun kind of takes of Chogall and makes him his slave (even though in the comic all that's left of C'Thun is still his dead husk). So in regards to that, yes, C'thun is still very much alive, and still kicking, just not in a bodily form.

Glossing over a whole, bunch of story line, Medan start developing into a superpower like his father (Medivh) and develops the ability to control several different types of magical powers (pally, shaman, mage, you name it). He has run ins with his mother (Garona, half-orc assassin), chases after her, ends up coming across C'Thun and Chogall. During this time they also set up the story lines for the new magic council or whatever, they get dragged in to the big fight, empower Medan, who in turn unloads a whole truck load of kick-ass on Chogall. (For flavor, Medan's grandmother dies in battle, she is later inturned in the crypt below Khara).

Now I boiled down the later part of the comic series well beyond its simplest form, so much so that I might have left a little bit if the important stuff left out, but should be good enough to get the idea across. My suggestion is if you can, buy the comics, or give them a read through. Worst case, go download them through other means and give them a read through. Was worth the time spent on it. Regardless, getting back to the whole point of the post.

Im guessing we *may* see an in game patch or event that lets us see this unfold. Or maybe blizz will let it lie that it happens out of the realm of our characters, and goes straight into the history book. We will most likely see a twilight group event at some point however, as the data-mined info suggests. The comic ended with Chogall being defeated, and making it seem like hes dead. However, it does not refer to C'Thun being defeated again, so He's still right where he was, a dead husk but still left to put influence on people. Maybe blizz will make it a patch before Cataclysm, something to kill time with, add it in as soemthing to change us off the Lich King arc, and move us onto soemthing new. I'm also going to speculate that this may be involved in some way with Thrall eventually stepping down from the horde and assuming his new role in the end.
    But i read somewhere that the precata event will be with cho'gall :
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

Deleted

But i read somewhere that the precata event will be with cho'gall
    He didnt say we would SEE Him. He said we would interact with his story.

That picture is not cho'gall...this is Cho'gall

also

also..

I'd love to see C'Thun in Uldum. After all, old Gods are freaking huge.

Would be funny to finally reach that "titan superweapon" in uldum, then a bunch of tentacles burst from the ground, stuns the party and pulls the superweapon to somewhere below ground, to C'Thun's lair. Then C'Thun whispers the party "Ahn'qiraj was merely a setback. You are not prepared!".
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm
    I'd love to see C'Thun in Uldum. After all, old Gods are freaking huge.

Would be funny to finally reach that "titan superweapon" in uldum, then a bunch of tentacles burst from the ground, stuns the party and pulls the superweapon to somewhere below ground, to C'Thun's lair. Then C'Thun whispers the party "Ahn'qiraj was merely a setback. You are not prepared!".
    C'thun develops MPD with Kael'thas and Illidan does he? =P

But yeah, most likely if C'thun did survive, he would most be likely after the titan superweapon in Uldum, but really only Metzen and a select few will know the nature of the superweapon, but I bet it turns out to be a big button labelled "Press to restore the planet to its factory settings" xP

Blizz already said at Blizzcon that they had no intention of doing anything with C'Thun or AQ for at least a while...

i dont know if you guys read this but cho'gall is the final boss of the bastion of twilight raidhttp://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1665

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Hmm, just noticed this in the new Raid and Dungeon Compilation sticky:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...n-compilation/

A raid is listed called the 'Ahn'Qiraj Terrace'.

Hmm, I wonder who we could possibly wind up fighting there...
    it´s listed under the :"cataclysm event bosses." section along with 3 other bosses, all being 78-82 so i guess it´ll be part of the pre cataclysm event. (just like tenris mirkblood in karazhan)
    edit: the terrace being a phased part of ruins of AQ

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    speaking of Old Gods, you guys remember the talk of "OMG YOU SEE THAT SPACE IN TIRISFAL? AN OLD GOD TOTALLY LIVES THERE!"

and the new cata map of TF shows that the space has been filled in, with mountains (not old gods)...
    You're right. Since when have the Titans imprisoned Old Gods underground below mountains?

Say what? Oh yeah, Ulduar...

10+ Year Old Account
    why r all the links broken

Ok, i thought your question was pretty pathetic =S Its that Soggoth guy, he is the old god of the expansion. And Cho'Goll is ressurecting c'thun, does not mean he has in time of we can kill him and stop him. Maybe that will be the "Enrage" type mechanic to his fight, if you dont kill him in x time , c'thun is summoned and wipes the whole raid.Anyways, i forgot the name, but it is something like Soggoth the ____________________ , thats your OLD GOD.

Guys... we won't kill an Old God twice. Blizzard isnt this stupid. They wont be reusing C'Thun again.

Probably Uldum is another Titan complex like Ulduar with similar layout which is protecting a "super weapon".
    I think this super weapon will be used against Deathwing, BUT probably the whole compex have been mind controlled by an Old God (new one, maybe the Merciless One?), which wants the weapon for himself. We will kill him and then use the weapon to make Deathwing killable. Prolly Uldum will be the pre-deathwing patch content.

The whole "Did we kill the Yogg and C'thun, or did we not" argument is actually not that tough of one to settle.

The Old Gods were not killed by the Titans, but imprisoned, because they had formed such a tight bond with the races of Azeroth that the demise of the Old Gods would also result in the death of all sentient life on Azeroth. The Titans, probably in much smaller groups than 25 or 10, weakened them, or "killed" them like we did. Then the Old Gods went into their eon long recovery periods.

Eventually their influence over the weaker minded races that surrounded them caused enough trouble to attract the attention of the Azeroth Ass Kicking Defense League (the players). We managed to defeat two of the trouble-making primevals, but we, like the Titans before us, did not actually kill them.

This is proven by the Final Boss of Old Kingdom, the Faceless One known as Herald Volazj. As a Faceless One, Volazj is incredibly old, and he possibly witnessed the events of the original war between the Titans and Old Gods. He also has a great deal of understanding as to how to cycle of his masters works. Upon dying Volazj will remark, "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."

This little tidbit of info really manages to settle the argument over how on Earth we were able to loot the "unkillable" Old Gods of Azeroth. They aren't dead, and are not capable of dying, nor are they even really alive. The Titans couldn't kill them because of how integrated they were with the planet, and this further proves that they are not so much beings living on Azeroth, but an essence of the planet itself. Just as Elune is a Goddess of Light, the Old Gods are an inherent Evil that is ever present, but to differing degrees of intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    The whole "Did we kill the Yogg and C'thun, or did we not" argument is actually not that tough of one to settle.

The Old Gods were not killed by the Titans, but imprisoned, (...) , but an essence of the planet itself. Just as Elune is a Goddess of Light, the Old Gods are an inherent Evil that is ever present, but to differing degrees of intensity.
    Us not killing the old gods doesn't fit though. Else Cho'gall wouldn't need to ressurect C'thun. Or am I missing something?
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005