Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    The whole "Did we kill the Yogg and C'thun, or did we not" argument is actually not that tough of one to settle.

The Old Gods were not killed by the Titans, but imprisoned, because they had formed such a tight bond with the races of Azeroth that the demise of the Old Gods would also result in the death of all sentient life on Azeroth. The Titans, probably in much smaller groups than 25 or 10, weakened them, or "killed" them like we did. Then the Old Gods went into their eon long recovery periods.

Eventually their influence over the weaker minded races that surrounded them caused enough trouble to attract the attention of the Azeroth Ass Kicking Defense League (the players). We managed to defeat two of the trouble-making primevals, but we, like the Titans before us, did not actually kill them.

This is proven by the Final Boss of Old Kingdom, the Faceless One known as Herald Volazj. As a Faceless One, Volazj is incredibly old, and he possibly witnessed the events of the original war between the Titans and Old Gods. He also has a great deal of understanding as to how to cycle of his masters works. Upon dying Volazj will remark, "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."

This little tidbit of info really manages to settle the argument over how on Earth we were able to loot the "unkillable" Old Gods of Azeroth. They aren't dead, and are not capable of dying, nor are they even really alive. The Titans couldn't kill them because of how integrated they were with the planet, and this further proves that they are not so much beings living on Azeroth, but an essence of the planet itself. Just as Elune is a Goddess of Light, the Old Gods are an inherent Evil that is ever present, but to differing degrees of intensity.
    Pretty sure the Old Gods were tied to the planet not the sentient life on it. With the elemental lords keeping everything in a perpetual state of chaos there wasn't much sentient life going around, the seed races the titans left would've been in their infancy and the titans could've easily destroyed them and started over if that was what was holding the Old Gods to the planet.

Also im not sure where you are getting all this lore about Volazj. For all we know his mutterings could be the ravings of a fanatic and im not sure i entirely buy your entity theory. If they were an essence then why would they take corporeal forms leading to vulnerabilities like being imprisoned by the titans or getting beat up by us. Elune is the moon goddess so im pretty sure if the moon were to be destroyed she would go along with it. Their continued existence after death may just be because there are other Old Gods left alive keeping their spirits from completely leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

I can just imagine that Cho'Gall will be a really cool fight
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    why r all the links broken
    Because the original post is from almost two months ago and some idiot bumped it with irrelevant information.

Deleted
    Not this again. C'thun wont return, Cho'Gall will. C'thun was killed/denied in Silithus. And just because there are faceless ones etc. doesent mean there will be an old god. I am 100% sure c'thun wont return. (ofc ppl might talk about him and such but we wont fight him)

You can't possibly be 100% sure unless you are some kind of magic oracle.
    If you are some kind of magic oracle please tell me what the best mage spec will be on release so I can start preparing in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If you are some kind of magic oracle please tell me what the best mage spec will be on release so I can start preparing in advance.
    you need to bow to him first i'm afraid, that's just the way it works with magic oracles

10+ Year Old Account
    It hasn't been explained exactly how the destruction of the Old Gods will lead to the destruction of Azeroth.

Hell, it could be because with every Old God that dies, the remaining ones become that much stronger, with the final God left eventually outstripping the Titans themselves in power. NOT a pleasant thought...

But probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Greandal View Post
    Us not killing the old gods doesn't fit though. Else Cho'gall wouldn't need to ressurect C'thun. Or am I missing something?
    probably not ressurect, but more like "speed-up" his regeneration process. Just a thought.
    Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. I am perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Defintely feral

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    speaking of Old Gods, you guys remember the talk of "OMG YOU SEE THAT SPACE IN TIRISFAL? AN OLD GOD TOTALLY LIVES THERE!"

and the new cata map of TF shows that the space has been filled in, with mountains (not old gods)...
    An old god totally lives under those mountains, you just have to go through that cave it shows! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, C'thun was quite literally the elephant in the room for Cataclysm. If you seriously doubted he was coming back, not least because of all the hints that were given, then you don't really catch on very fast, do you?
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."

i cant wait till cata:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

file not found. Its a conspiracy.