Surviving Frostmounre Room as resto druid?

Hi fellow druids, I am having trouble with our resto druid dying in the Frostmourne Room during phase 3 of LK encounter. She could not heal King Terenas fast enough for him to kill the mob fast enough, so she dies when the mob casts Soul Rip.

We are alliance, so we dont have Warstomp to interrupt Soul Rip. My question is that, how many of my fellow Night Elf druids have managed interrupting Soul Rip with Bear => Enrage => Bash? I know it is better to just heal King Terenas fast and let him kill the mob, but is it really possible to interrupt Soul Rip and then heal the King?

Thank you for your help.

Re: Surviving Frostmounre Room as resto druid?

Code:
    #showtooltip dire bear form
    /stopcasting
    /cancleaura tree of life
    /cast dire bear form
    /cast enrage
    /cast bash
    i use that whenever he starts casting that channeled shit but just heal the rest of the time its not that hard... my issue was always getting the pally to heal me when the LK started pulling my soul in >.>

also on healing in general for that fight make sure u have glyph of nourish simply for that room... lbx3 rejuve regrwoth spam nourish then use that macro to interupt as soon as u see it comming also i might have gotten some of the commands spelled wrong >.> sry

Are you Tauren or NE? Hehe, just curious.

She can go bear or cat form to have interrupts.
    Throw some hots on herself and King.
    Ghost starts cast? Bear => Bash
    Go kitty, slap 1-2-3 CPs go back to caster, ghosts casts? Cat => Maim.
    Easy!
    If tauren: warstomp also works.

Quote Originally Posted by fly1018
    We are alliance, so we dont have Warstomp to interrupt Soul Rip

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti
    She can go bear or cat form to have interrupts.
    Throw some hots on herself and King.
    Ghost starts cast? Bear => Bash
    Go kitty, slap 1-2-3 CPs go back to caster, ghosts casts? Cat => Maim.
    Easy!
    If tauren: warstomp also works.
    Are you all illiterate or just plain stupid?

We are alliance, so we dont have Warstomp to interrupt Soul Rip.
    [User was banned for this post]

Any druid who isn't using their forms... isn't a druid

Quote Originally Posted by Liena
    Are you a troll or just plain angry?

Quote Originally Posted by Liena
    Since you quoted me...
    Thread has its own name so added that, so If you dont have anything smart to add to the thread, GTFO.

Take a look at this article from WoW.com. The author has made a pretty nice video that illustrates how to interrupt the casting with both bear and cat form (watch the whole thing! she also shows War Stomp, but since you're Alliance you can just disregard that part.)

for maim you can put a combo point on the target before it's needed then go back to healing.

Is it possible to heal it without Glyph of Nourish? This druid is mainly for raid heal, so she doesnt have it. Also her spec is 18/0/53, Revitalize spec. It would be quite hard for her to heal in Frostmourne Room. She's saying it is impossible for her to survive in it with her current spec and glyph. Should she respec for LK?

Thank you for your further help.

Is it possible to heal it without Glyph of Nourish? This druid is mainly for raid heal, so she doesnt have it. Also her spec is 18/0/53, Revitalize spec. It would be quite hard for her to heal in Frostmourne Room. She's saying it is impossible for her to survive in it with her current spec and glyph. Should she respec for LK?

For the fight alone, she can reglyph to glyph of nourish if shes strugling. No need to respecc really.
    Whats her haste btw?
    Seing her gear (wowhead armor thingy is good enough) and stats would help.

Incase you didn't know the king does more damage the more you heal him so whenever I go in there i just spam heals on him... and use bash to interupt... i guess glyph of nourish ins't required for the fight i just recommend it... i generally have a glyph of wild growth active untill frost wing then use nourish for dreamwalker/sind/LK because those fights have a lot more spikey damage then raid damage... also if her issue is actualy dieing in this room the king counts as a party member so

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /cast barkskin
    /cast Tranquility
    is a good oshit button that heals you and him for a fuckton

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jenton
    Are you a troll or just plain angry?
    About 10% of the former and 90% of the latter.

I did it very successfully using 18/0/53 Revitalize raid healing spec and glyphs. If she dragon heals it would be easier for her. LB->LB->LB->Regrowth->Rejuv->Swiftmend->Wild Growth->Nourish spam until any hots are about to fall off or she has to bear->enrage->bash. I did it in about 13 seconds.

10man, did it with 14/0/57, glyphs of RR / swiftmend / nourish. ~3.6k sp selfbuffed, ~750 haste. Didnt interrupt the cast; used my Valithria macros and sequence for burst healing. Started with RG for the 20% haste proc chance, rejuv, LBx3, nourish spam. The 12% glyph bonus to nourishes should not be that significant. Terenas did dip quite low at the end of a soul rip cast, but it was okay. Never swiftmended.

Should be fine as long as she treats the fight as a tankheal and adjusts playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by acolight
    10man, did it with 14/0/57, glyphs of RR / swiftmend / nourish. ~3.6k sp selfbuffed, ~750 haste. Didnt interrupt the cast; used my Valithria macros and sequence for burst healing. Started with RG for the 20% haste proc chance, rejuv, LBx3, nourish spam. The 12% glyph bonus to nourishes should not be that significant. Terenas did dip quite low at the end of a soul rip cast, but it was okay. Never swiftmended.

Should be fine as long as she treats the fight as a tankheal and adjusts playstyle.
    I like that u made an account to post that but i would have to say that if you are castign regrowth for a chance of 20% haste it is best to do it last because for direct healing output noruish benifits much more from 20% haste than apply a rejuve .05 seconds earlier does in the long run

10+ Year Old Account

It can easily be done with her spec and without glyph.

Use the macro like the earlier poster said to turn bear, enrage, and bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    LB->LB->LB->Regrowth->Rejuv->Swiftmend->Wild Growth->Nourish spam until any hots are about to fall off or she has to bear->enrage->bash. I did it in about 13 seconds.
    This is what she should be doing.

Deleted

yeh to be honest this really isn't an issue , druid in my sig ... get all hots on the target and spam nourish if you need to interupt bear form enrage and bash then back to a tiny bit more healing and happy days you've just soley managed to avoid a wipe ;-)

On a side note ... I had a rogue in pretty much full 277 gear weapons and all combat mind you fail that room and cause 1 of our tanks to die .. a rogue ... with kick ... sadface