Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blood Elves Join the Alliance

I was in Darnassus a few days ago and there is a Blood Elf (!) in the Temple of the Moon seeking an audience with High Priestess Whisperwind. His faction reads "The Highborne". Essentially he is saying that the Blood Elves want to join the Alliance (or so I read it). Anyway, I really enjoyed the lore being played out in game like that. I'm wondering if there are any other examples of that around the world.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Blood Elves Join the Alliance

no thanks horde you can keep them

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

He's probably a high elf. Those who remained high elves remained loyal to the alliance.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    I was in Darnassus a few days ago and there is a Blood Elf (!) in the Temple of the Moon seeking an audience with High Priestess Whisperwind. His faction reads "The Highborne". Essentially he is saying that the Blood Elves want to join the Alliance (or so I read it). Anyway, I really enjoyed the lore being played out in game like that. I'm wondering if there are any other examples of that around the world.

L2Highborne? It wasn't a blood elf.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Wrong on so many levels.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Highborne

Read up! :P

He's not a blood elf. He's a kind of night elf that was exiled for practicing arcane magic after it was outlawed. Some of that kind of elf went to the Eastern Kingdoms and became high elves (and later blood elves), and some stayed behind (the only known settlement of them is the Shen'dralar faction in Dire Maul). It's the backstory/explanation for why night elves are going to have mages in the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean there is a difference between High Elfs and Blood Elf. High Elfs is still loyal to the Alliance, while Blood Elfs, is not.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Um this is where the "night elf" mage lore comes in handy. Go read all about Lady Azshara and the highborne over at wowwiki.

I'm actually ashamed of this thread.

You're referring to Archmage Mordent Evershade, who is a Kaldorei (Night Elf), not a Blood Elf.

His speech refers to the return of the Highborne night elves, to Darnassus, after they were banished some 10,000 years ago for almost destroying Azeroth, there lust for the arcane and other things the Night Elves dislike.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

he's a highbourne, not a high elf and definitely not a blood elf...
    like the Shen'dralar, he wants to negotiate with the princess understanding between the two cultures (quel'dorei and kaldorei)
    ((its the reason for night elf mages being added))
    Quote Originally Posted by Irem
    He's not a blood elf. He's a kind of night elf that was exiled for practicing arcane magic after it was outlawed. Some of that kind of elf went to the Eastern Kingdoms and became high elves (and later blood elves), and some stayed behind (the only known settlement of them is the Shen'dralar faction in Dire Maul). It's the backstory/explanation for why night elves are going to have mages in the expansion.
    fffuuuu

I can only assume this is a troll because the NPC he's referring to has a NIGHT ELF MODEL, not even sure where he could possibly pull a Blood Elf connection from.

You haven't been to Darnasses in a long time, have you?

That NPC (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=36479) has been there for a long time, since ICC came out I believe. He is not a Blood Elf. He is a High Elf but not the kind most players are familiar with, which are the ones that have the same model as Blood Elves.

He is a High Elf but not of the faction that was exiled to the Eastern Kingdoms who became Blood Elves. He is a High Elf that still have the same physical appearance as the Night Elves. He is there to more or less explain to the players why Night Elf mages will be playable in Cataclysm.

The fact that the npc looks like a nightelf and doesn't look anything like a blood elf makes the OP a troll.

its a highborne m8 its not a bloody elf

YES blood elves WILL join the ALLIANCE, ITS BEEN CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    I mean there is a difference between High Elfs and Blood Elf. High Elfs is still loyal to the Alliance, while Blood Elfs, is not.
    First of all, it's 'elves'. Secondly, High Elves are not Blood Elves loyal to the Alliance. While I don't have the time nor incentive to explain, WoWWiki is your friend.
    Saving for Cata.

I think this entire thread is a troll since no one answered my question. As the replies here illustrate there was no way that I was going to win no matter how I described him since no one here can even agree on what he is.

However, his nature was not my question, nor did I ask why he was in Darnassus. I want to know if there are any other cases where the Cataclysm lore (whatever it is and how ever you describe it) is played out like that currently in the game.

Now, please go back onto your ADHD medication and answer the question. Please.

then why do you imply it`s a blood elf :S if you now say you didn`t and had a total other question then you say in your 1st post :S

Blood elves will not join the alliances and the NPC you are referring to is a explanation why night elves get mages.

To your main question, no idea... go look for it

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

I think this entire thread is a troll since no one answered my question. As the replies here illustrate there was no way that I was going to win no matter how I described him since no one here can even agree on what he is.

However, his nature was not my question, nor did I ask why he was in Darnassus. I want to know if there are any other cases where the Cataclysm lore (whatever it is and how ever you describe it) is played out like that currently in the game.

Uhm... How about describing him as a night elf/highborne/quel'dorei instead of a blood elf!?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account

omg fail...