Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm content removed from the site

Totally understandable.

But where can I go to get cataclysm info now? Someone PM me.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by el3mentz
    Screenshot of the day GUY WINS! ;D ;D

LOL! That made me laugh. I forgot about that completely while all this was here. ;D

Wow... Just... Wow.

It's not like this will be easy to forget. I mean, it's been over a week and this site generates LOTS of traffic. What does Blizz think that this will accomplish? "Ooo, we have to keep it a super-secret now 'cause if we don't no one will buy our expansion".

I pray that wasn't their thinking because if anything, Blizzard, Boub's posting of those things confirmed my purchase. I was ready to throw in the towel next year and say, "Whelp, off to the Old Republic!" but when I saw all that info and those screens I was like, "Whelp, guess I'll be paying 30 bucks a month to play 2 different MMO's now".

I can see why you did it, Boub, I'd want to remain cordial with them, too, especially since they throw quite a few bones your way. No sense getting the ants all flustered. Still, this is pretty frustrating.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

Quote Originally Posted by skodnar
    so why did it take Blizzard that many days to figure that out
    probably makes decent free marketing stunt before putting the cap on it. After all, if blizz was serious about restricting access they probably would have asked to have all this taken down aaaages ago, this way it gives people a sizeable peak before they change a lot of it, it was the first or second iteration of the Alpha which, as we all know changes loads.

hell i remember in the WotLK Beta when Scourge Strike used to do 5k crits at lv 59. And people call DK's over powered now!

Nicely, I actually have a mate in Blizz who has been keeping me up to date and has put my name forward for the Alpha, still waiting on the email (I'm guessing I'm allowed to say this as technically I have not played the Alpha yet nor agreed with the NDA) either way this user name is totally different to the one I use so *hopefully* i'm safe.

Sad thing , but saw it coming.

Thanks for being so understanding for both blizzard and us, your user ^^

"Bonne continuation"
    Why Not ^^

i fuckin hate blizzard, someone make me a strawberry crepe

10+ Year Old Account

Given the amount of people snagged the alpha in the time it was up I gotta say...

Someone in or outside of Blizzards employee circle is royally fucked. There's hell to be paid.
    "Long past the nuclear annihilation that burned Earth to a scorched ball of fire, Gabe Newell awakens from his nap and jumps out of his underground shack, rides to the Los Angeles Convention Centre and announces Half Life 3, due to come out next week Valve time. The fourteen cockroaches and Keith Richards found underneath the bridge talking about how Richards snorted his uncle that survived the apocalypse, are happy." - Likelyhood of Half Life 3.

10+ Year Old Account

Aww i really liked all those Cata leaks. *goes into a corner and cries*

<--- help these little guys.

<---- and these ones to.

I saw this coming from a long,long,long, long.... time.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcio
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Blizzard was just waiting for a week or so..that way, the Internet hype machine can properly steam up.

I sincerely doubt Blizzard would have overlooked a site as popular as MMO-Champion posting alpha screens. Heck, the community managers on the boards knew and was telling people not to post them. So it may have been either a ploy to get more attention to the game, or the legal department was just slow. Either way, what's done is done.
    You are correct I think, makes perfect sense, i can see no other viable reason why they would wait so long.

Also i like that the posts and screenshots aren't being deleted, just 'hidden' until the nda is lifted. THat's considerate to the people who spent time creating various collections or screenshots.

10+ Year Old Account

lol. I foresee a MASSIVE lawsuit against whoever originally leaked the alpha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

It's indeed weird that they took more than a week to react.

However , they good news is that it was very early Alpha and that LOADS of stuff were far from final. We got plenty of splendid surprises ahead of us ^^
    Why Not ^^

Quote Originally Posted by igneous42
    Booo!

Do they not realize that all these screenshots and shit are helping them? this is the most excited about cata I've been since the announcements. I get they want to keep some stuff secret but c'mon.
    I assure you, they know.

They were also trying to block out the end video for the Lich King fight before the Lich King fight was patched in. They don't want everything spoiled before the beta comes out. Hell, maybe even the beta will be closed and with a NDA. Either way, albeit frustrating, it's Blizzard's product and they have the right to keep some stuff out of view for a while.

Saw this one coming a mile away. Probably the reason it took this long is the Blizzard legal team had to work through a massive queue of other sites posting the same thing, trying to track down who originally leaked the alpha client. :P

I'm not going to get banned for posting pictures back a few days ago when the client was first leaked, am I?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    So insanely massive the persons' grandkids will be feeding every dime they get to Blizzard's hand. Practically every bit of Cataclysm content lies open on the street.
    "Long past the nuclear annihilation that burned Earth to a scorched ball of fire, Gabe Newell awakens from his nap and jumps out of his underground shack, rides to the Los Angeles Convention Centre and announces Half Life 3, due to come out next week Valve time. The fourteen cockroaches and Keith Richards found underneath the bridge talking about how Richards snorted his uncle that survived the apocalypse, are happy." - Likelyhood of Half Life 3.

Quote Originally Posted by el3mentz
    Screenshot of the day GUY WINS! ;D ;D
    This is why Blizzard asked Boub to take everything down. That poor SS of the day guy must have been crushed when he found out Boub posted enough screenshots to last a year. :'(

On a more serious note, I'm certain Blizzard waited this long on purpose just to generate hype.

Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.
    All hail Garrosh Hellscream!
    I've fallen for a woman... without a pulse. -- Forsaken afficionado. <3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

There was no leak, this ban on cata info is also part of the market play. We gave you piece now you will be even more hungry for the whole thing.

Well darn...what now?

I guess we go back to QQing about how easy ICC is :'(