Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

How well will this laptop run wow

Looking to upgrade comps for college and so i can begin raiding again. I'm looking at a samsung with these specs

Intel® Core™ i5-430M processor
    4GB DDR3 memory
    Blu-ray Disc-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
    500GB Serial ATA hard drive
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 310M graphics
    With windows 7

any input would be helpful thanks in advance

Re: How well will this laptop run wow

not well!

low clock speed, entry level graphics ^_^

You can probably get by with graphics set to low in a 5 man, but you'll have problems in dalaran or 10 man raids.

Expect frame rates to be fine in 5 mans on low graphic settings, around 20ish.

While the frame-rates will not be anything amazing by any means, it will be more than playable.

My laptop has worse specs and WoW is more than playable on mid settings. So I don't see this one doing too bad

i run wow on a laptop with the following:

Q9300 quad core extreme 2.53ghz
    6gb DDR2 800 memory
    ATI HD4870 X2 (2x cores, not cards) 1gb memory at 550core and 850memory clocking over 350core / 400memory stock clocking
    7,200rpm HD's x2 in raid
    windows 7 64bit ultimate

game settings at max (except for shadows which is turned to about lvl 3 range and view distance set to mid/low specifically because you really don't need to see 300 miles away and bog down your graphics with loaded landscaps you wont see for 5 minutes of flying...) at 1920x1080 rez on 24bit/24depth/8xSampling.

i recently fixed some FPS issues specifically because the so called "automatic multi core support" wasn't actually doing what it was suppose to do so i added the old config line to the WTFconfig file and got my multi core support back.

that all being said, i still can put all clocking down to stock and get well over 60+fps just about anywhere... BUT dalaran traffic sits around 35-45 range and 25mans during HEAVY partical action will drop to mid 20's to low 30's.

i think the OP can get away with med level settings just fine and still have rather decent frame rate. their laptop isn't much weaker than mine...
    Current rig: Custom
    CPU - i7 980x @ 4.34ghz
    MEM - 12gb DDR3 1866 @ 1876mhz / CL7
    VIDEO - HD5970 @ 950core / 1253memory w/ 10.10+10.10a profiles
    MB - ASUS Rampage III Extreme w/ BIOS 0903

CPU is fine, graphics card is budget but at least it's not onboard graphics. With that said, you will be fine, as long as you keep your settings on low due to the fact that you have a very weak graphics card. Your CPU is fast enough for 25 mans, it's a 2.4GHz core i5... which is pretty damn good for a laptop if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuldarin

i think the OP can get away with med level settings just fine and still have rather decent frame rate. their laptop isn't much weaker than mine...
    It's quite a bit weaker. You have a slightly clocked higher clocked quad core CPU, he has a lower clocked dual core. Your graphics card is much better than the one the OP has. The one you have is still a very high end graphics card, especially for laptops, even though it is one generation old.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

o ok thanks for all the help so far guys...
    This will definately be an upgrade over what i'm currently running which is a laptop

i run my game right now on everything low and in 800x600

that gets 5 fps in 10 mans, and 2 fps in 25 mans and dal, yet somehow i can still top meters in dmg or heals don't see how people can complain about there comps making them play horrible