Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Professions Preview

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury
    Either that or overhaul the outrageously boring fishing system. I recall something being mentioned about this many many months ago, but nothing has been said since. /sigh....
    If I recall correctly, they were talking about completely removing the chance to catch "junk," meaning every cast at every skill level would catch a fish, or there might not be skill levels at all.

I hope they find a happy compromise between the people who enjoy fishing and enjoy the skill levels, and those who find it annoying. Redundant buffs from meat dropped by farmable mobs is one way.

lol.. maybe the whole "Professions have a lot left to go..." might be aclue that they aren;t done yet with other proffs...

But hey.. since I have TWO of both professoisn.. .I'm not cryin'

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote from: Putress on May 12, 2010, 05:18:10 pm
    "useless? ~35k hp in 8 seconds isnt useless"

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis
    it will be when you will be running with 70k-100k hp.. and you will..
    I think you guys are looking at this all wrong. There are going to be three sets of bandages and I am just making up numbers here. Imagine this was just the 'first' one, then you have 70k one and a 140k one. Now we are talking cata numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen
    Say what?

I guess it won't be orange anymore. *Sad face*
    Read what's right below that. The quest items are being slightly changed. They'll still be rare and expensive.

The good news hidden in this is that old BWL/MC and the Thunderfury quests might not be going away in Cata as many feared.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arandmoor
    So, in short, Alchemy and JC will once again be your major money-makers and everyone else is just straight-up fucked.

Got it.
    JC is a major money maker now? everyone and their mother has a JC alt, at least on my server. could be different for you

currently JC only has ONE fist weapon (Heavy Iron Knuckles) and to be honest, its DEF not that great... hell its not even remotely useful compared to the weapons BS can make at the same level. so yeah, im happy they are adding more fist weps to JC. does it make perfect sense? maybe not, but since theres already one JC fist wep in existance, lets see how well it goes...

and again... maybe not PERFECT sense... but then again, go google knuckle rings not exact, but close enough

as far as the enchanting pet? hmm.... maybe a small cloud of smoke, or (in lame blizz fashion) a small voidwalker pet like the one you get for reading all the books in dal (Kirin Tor Familiar)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

"All three professions will create their starter sets of PVP gear, which will be upgraded with new recipes every season. In general, these are meant to keep pace as an entry-level PvP set below whatever the current Hero Point set is."

THANK GOD. Seriously, the only thing that keeps me from enjoying pvp is that I don't devote as much time to it as end game raiding. Probably 80% of my time is spent doing something other than BG's/Arena, so it will be nice to be able to do say Tol Barad and not get totally owned. Entry level pvp gear for each season is a blessing

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool
    If I recall correctly, they were talking about completely removing the chance to catch "junk," meaning every cast at every skill level would catch a fish, or there might not be skill levels at all.

I hope they find a happy compromise between the people who enjoy fishing and enjoy the skill levels, and those who find it annoying. Redundant buffs from meat dropped by farmable mobs is one way.
    That would make fishing tolerable for me. At least tolerable enough to actually make the fish feasts. I know that the pools have a ~100% to drop the fish that the pool has the name of (can still get junk boxes sometimes, though it's rare-ish) but that requires flying around looking for the schools. If I knew I could just fly up to some water and cast and get fish, regardless of skill level, I'd suffer through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Cataclysm Professions Preview
    Originally Posted by Wryxian (Blue Tracker)

Fishing
    • Lots of new fish and other fun items to catch! Fish are still used to make premium food.
    • New fishing dailies.
    me wants mr. pinchy mount

So the new elements are Volatile, eh? Sounds kinda cool.

And mining goes - Obsidian -> Elementium -> Pyrite (basically like cobalt -> saronite -> titanium). Hopefully pyrite won't be as big of a hassle in getting as titanium is. And why the hell are they only giving Jewelcrafting daily quests? What about some love for the other professions?

Other than that, I like what I see so far

I have no idea how much the maximum health pool will be in Cataclysm, but I'm really hoping that bandages gets back to being something you'll actually be able to use, without it being reduced to 0 in 2 seconds. Talking PvP here of course. Getting away from your opponent used to mean that you'd be able to get quite a big advantage, health wise.

Bandages now are just... pathetic considering the health pool compared to their healing.
    It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

This is the first cataclysm post I revard with an orcish seal of approval.

Have a nice dinner.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    currently JC only has ONE fist weapon (Heavy Iron Knuckles) and to be honest, its DEF not that great... hell its not even remotely useful compared to the weapons BS can make at the same level. so yeah, im happy they are adding more fist weps to JC. does it make perfect sense? maybe not, but since theres already one JC fist wep in existance, lets see how well it goes...

and again... maybe not PERFECT sense... but then again, go google knuckle rings not exact, but close enough

as far as the enchanting pet? hmm.... maybe a small cloud of smoke, or (in lame blizz fashion) a small voidwalker pet like the one you get for reading all the books in dal (Kirin Tor Familiar)
    Or maybe Pixies <3

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam
    Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... ;D

edit : OMG 3 NEW USELESS BANDAGE!!!!
    Trollin`?

I wonder what they will do about the fishing, the part of making it "more fun" ;D
    Good changes overall, keep the Cataclysm changes coming!

bear drood wtb GREATER MONGOOSE enchant for staff...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    Guess we can forget about a Cataclysm "Stormherald".
    That was the best thing in TBC. You had to specialize a profession to use the item and it would be painful. When WotLK begun, everyone with some cash had that ilvl200 mace.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Probably not accurate and is just speculation but if you do the math:

27.1k hp currently
    can't remember for sure what the number was when I dinged 80 but close to 18k
    so...18,000/5,800=3.1034
    so if the % of healing done remains the same we get:
    3.1034*34,800=108,000 when we are about 85 and about 160k at endgame....HOLY SHIT!!!

there is not much point staying Blacksmithing right now, as it's a rather non-profitable profession (and even if you leave profits aside, it's falling behind as far as PvE and even PvP goes, compared to other professions)
    Dude, what are you smoking? It gives free gem slots. You can't get better stats than that, and because they're gems, you can boost ANY stat you want. That's hella better than most other professions.

useless? ~35k hp in 8 seconds isnt useless
    it will be when you will be running with 70k-100k hp.. and you will..
    That would be 33% to 50% of your health. That is not small by any stretch. Compare it to 2k you get now with 30k health pools, which is less than a 7% return. But honestly, even if it's only 10%, the fact that you can (if played properly) self heal 10% (or 33% to 50% in your example) health in PVP while moving just rocks.

Something messed in herb examples.

Deleted

Nice changes.

Still no word on "Reforging"...

"Dense Embersilk Bandage" Heals for 34,800 over 8 seconds. Requires 3 Embersilk to create.
    Damn. 34.800 over 8 seconds when comparing to the current 5.800, makes me feel that Health Points will increase by 6!! That means, a character with 32k life now, will have 192k life???
    This can't be right lol :S