elemental shaman post only please

so im listeing to 5 different people what is better for us? gemming SP or gemming haste?

raid buffed im about 1200 haste 3500 SP currently looking for a new guild each 1 has a different standard. i was gemming SP and i switched it up to haste. so which is it? Haste > Spell power or Haste <Spell power?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Re: elemental shaman post only please

sp > haste
    23 > 20

haste has to be about 15% better make it worth gemming
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Only haste gems you should be using are the SP/haste for the occasional yellow slot bonus.

SP > Haste, becouse most of the time you'll be technically "haste capped".

Why?
    Becouse you'll be using Lust, Ele mastery and haste Pots. By the Time you use EM, Lust and a haste pot, EM should be up again.
    If you gem for haste, it's pretty much a waste.

Haste is more usefull in theory than it is in actual boss fights (for ele shams, and most casters, i guess.)

Spellpower but a good margin; but if its a yellow socket with a SP bonus the 12sp/10haste is a viable choice.

Just don't gem crit like some I've seen.
    Hopefully "at least" means "sometimes three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number flame shock shall tick, and the number of ticking shall be three. Four shalt thou not tick, nor either tick thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou holy lava burst of antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall suffer at least two more ticks of flame shock. Amen."
    :3 -Whowherewhat

23 sp for red and blue sockets (after meta), sp/haste for yellow

spell powa all da wai

10+ Year Old Account

stack agil man, u cant go wrong
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Wewt first post!

I'd write down what I know, but its already been done!

http://wowhats.wordpress.com/

Great post on the spell power / haste issue. Plus a sweet spreadsheet.

~T

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TaanSpot
    Wewt first post!

Great post on the spell power / haste issue. Plus a sweet spreadsheet.

~T
    Glad to see u made an account just to post something that has already been posted. Thanks.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by xxApelxx
    Glad to see u made an account just to post something that has already been posted. Thanks.
    Glad to see that there are pricks in every community.

He did contribute. More than most of the people in this thread or this entire forum.

The blog he linked "Planet of the Hats" is probably one of the, if not THE best elemental shaman resource. The posts contained there-in will teach you some of the more intricate and sometimes mathy parts to an elemental shaman as well as discuss upcoming changes.

They are written by a very readable author with regular updates, and has a very good introduction to the spec/class in a raiding environment.

BUT the most important thing about that site is ZAP!

If you do not currently use a spreadsheet, or do but for other characters and do not have ZAP! you're doing it wrong.

For those of you who do not have an idea.

ZAP! is an interactive document that lets you plug in information about your character and gives a fairly accurate readout of what he is capable of doing in a DPS capacity. It allows you to alter values, 'change trinkets', remove debuffs or buffs, alter your rotation etc, and see how it would affect your DPS. It is a very powerful tool with some heavy functionality but also VERY easy to use if you just want to see if a different piece of gear will make you do more damage.

Thank you TaanSpot for exposing this to other members of the community, and I hope you post more in the future.
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Broccolii
    Glad to see that there are pricks in every community.

He did contribute. More than most of the people in this thread or this entire forum.
    Glad to see u cant take a joke and hav again posted something that HAS BEEN POSTED IN THIS FORUM BEFORE!!!
    (thought id just continue our little back and forth of sentences starting with "glad to see")
    Also read the last part of my first sentence again plz.
    Ur a douche.
    Im sorry but if ur a half good ele sham u would hav already known about this blog.

gem stamina so you dont die in fire.

general rule is +23 spell power for all sockets
    2 purples for your meta, try to fit in whatever slot bonus you can that has +spell power
    sp/haste gems for any yellow slot that will give you +5 or more spell power

Glad to see u cant take a joke and hav again posted something that HAS BEEN POSTED IN THIS FORUM BEFORE!!!
    (thought id just continue our little back and forth of sentences starting with "glad to see")
    Also read the last part of my first sentence again plz.
    Ur a douche.
    Im sorry but if ur a half good ele sham u would hav already known about this blog.
    After deciphering some of the worse grammar and spelling I've seen, I went to go read the "last part of your first sentence" of:

I still do not find any of that even resembling a joke.

I was not trying to be a douche, I was defending someone you were terribly rude to (and a new member no less) when he gave some information that a lot of players do not know about. Personally, I already knew about it which is why I was able to elaborate on it further.

You realize that if someone is asking such a simple question about elemental shamans, as the OP is, he probably has NOT seen the blog. And as it is a blog and spreadsheet and both have unusual names, it would not have been something that would have been easily searched for so the redundancy of mentioning it only serves to help people.

People like you who bring negativity into situations where they do not belong take away from the community. I took a look at your most recent posts and about 90% of them are negative, so do not try to pawn this off as a misunderstanding.

-- Sorry for the long replies everyone. But these kind of posters really upset me.
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

While technically haste is the god-stat, Elemental has no issues with keeping a high uptime of capped haste. Gemming mostly for spellpower will net more reliable dps, and thus a higher average.

Like everyone says, Spellpower in red and blue, Spellpower/Haste in yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccolii

People like you who bring negativity into situations where they do not belong take away from the community. I took a look at your most recent posts and about 90% of them are negative, so do not try to pawn this off as a misunderstanding.

-- Sorry for the long replies everyone. But these kind of posters really upset me.
    Thank you for standing up to these people. The kind of juvenile 'snarky' response that you get in these forum's has long kept me from getting involved. I now realise that was letting people like Apel win.

Yes, people like Apel need to get the idea that you're not helping anyone by being negative and rude in circumstances like this. The person came here asking for help on a legitimate issue.

The best thing you can do, as brought up by other people, is download ZAP!. Again, as others have said, it's an incredibly useful and powerful tool that will do all the iicky math for you and help you figure out your best DPS choices.

It even has a gem calculator to solve problems like the one presented in this thread. You can input the color of the sockets and the value of the bonus and voila! It'll tell you the highest DPS gemming option for that item.

In the words of the great Dr. Tran, "Oh my goodness!!"

Nevertheless, sac I think your question got answered...I think.

~T

as said b4 sp> haste and besides SP helps out ur fire DPS totems where as haste does not.
    <<insert funny stuff here>>