Poll: How many months will the ignorance go on?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Inc Healing Ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123
    They've said health of dps and healers would increase a lot and at the same time they'll nerf mana regen... Basically, we just won't be able to get someone to 100% health with one spell like we do now, kinda sorta.

BUT we have no idea, and this is all guess work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Personally I've never had this happen. I tend to DPS as a healer if I ever run a Heroic, and sometimes peoples' HP has dropped considerably, yet I've never received a complaint from anyone.
    You've been lucky then. While I don't see it all the time (maybe only 2-3%), 2-3% of 6-8 million DPSer's out there is still alot of players overall.

So they're...making healing easier by not requiring people to be topped off quickly? Heh...

Standing in something isn't the only way you can die, so you can stop referencing that now.
    Just because we won't need everyone to be at full health at all points in time doesn't mean there won't be situations where it's still necessary.

It just means that if our smallest heal hits for 10,000, and someone's only down 2,000, we won't be frantically trying to get that spell off so that the person in question doesn't get gibbed.

ok im going to make this simple
    they are making healing work so that keeping everyone at 100% at all times will drain you of mana quick, fast, and in a hurry. they are doing this by separating most spells into 3 categories.

fast-low healing-expensive heals
    moderate speed-moderate healing-mana efficient heals
    slow-bomb healing-mana efficient heals

fast heals serve as a stopgap,you cast them when someone will not survive long enough for you to cast either of the other two.
    slow heals serve as refillers. you use them when someone is low on life but not taking much immediate damage
    the middle set is your bread and butter, it is not efficient enough to spam however,

this is how they are making it so that you cannot keep everyone topped off. attempting to do so will drain any healer of mana in a short period and you might or might not make it through a given fight due to oom.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

I think, every dps in guild should be required to lvl a priest (or any other healer) to level 15, and forced to heal a few Deadmines/WC with random groups. That might make them remember about our mana.

edit: I had this idea, because I just had a couple runs there on my alt druid (lvl 17). Ii IS actually some fun trying to conserve mana, not healing those always-tapping locks (exept an occasional hot), trying not to overheal. Feels so different from heroics or raids. But most of the dps and tanks apparently thought they are in "heroic for lowbies" and tried to chain-pull. Ugh

I had the best heroic - think it was Gundrak - where somehow a really good paladin tank decided to pull all the rhinos at once before the last boss, resulting in chain silencing and three melee dps (no idea what their classes were and I don't care), and they literally died like that, assuming cleave but then I wasn't really paying attention. After spam healing myself and this tank I read back the chat and was just amazed by the spam of "omfg cr???" "hel?" and "rez ffs" after :. The strange part is it was very amusing just to realise the whole time we'd killed the mobs they were sitting on their butts spamming abuse at me for apparently not healing a cleave when silenced.

Well that and seeing abusive people die amuses me. I'll always res, but I just found that run especially very amusing.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg

BUT we have no idea, and this is all guess work.
    As per stated, they are increasing health pools massively. However, as stated, they are NOT increasing healing proportionately. Currently, a holy pallys Holy Light will heal most dps up to full from near death, crit or not. In cataclysm, your biggest heal will take 2-3 to do the same FOR A DPS.

Mana regen and mana efficiency is also getting nerfed hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    You actually read party chat in an instance?
    In random i say "hello" at start and "cya" in the end...

Basically, they're returning to how it was in vanilla. I *LOVED* playing my holy priest in vanilla. I can't do it anymore. I guess I don't have the mad skillz needed to heal anymore or something. Back in the day, dps often were not at full hps in instances. We're just going back to that. In wrath, usually it's either the dps is at full, or dead. I've tried to heal both on my shammy and my priest. It infuriates me that the damage the mobs do now is so crazy to non-tanks. I'm glad we're going back to the old model where healing can be enjoyable and not super-stressful. Some stress is ok and fun. Constantly worrying that the dps will be dead in 2 seconds at any time is not fun.

Personally I've never had this happen. I tend to DPS as a healer if I ever run a Heroic, and sometimes peoples' HP has dropped considerably, yet I've never received a complaint from anyone.
    I do too, and sadly still beat out most dps doing so in healing gear. The problem though, is that if you try that come Cata... you will go OOM very fast. While the DPS won't need to be completely topped off 100% of the time to keep them alive, the tank will still be taking loads of damage.

The idea behind this is to make you decide which healing spell to use, instead of spamming heals and ending up wasting a ton of mana because currently EVERYONE has to be 100% all the time to survive.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by think309
    Basically, they're returning to how it was in vanilla. I *LOVED* playing my holy priest in vanilla. I can't do it anymore. I guess I don't have the mad skillz needed to heal anymore or something. Back in the day, dps often were not at full hps in instances. We're just going back to that. In wrath, usually it's either the dps is at full, or dead. I've tried to heal both on my shammy and my priest. It infuriates me that the damage the mobs do now is so crazy to non-tanks. I'm glad we're going back to the old model where healing can be enjoyable and not super-stressful. Some stress is ok and fun. Constantly worrying that the dps will be dead in 2 seconds at any time is not fun.
    Honestly, ive never felt stressed healing in wrath, unless its on a progression boss.

Then again, my introduction to healing was "your new to 70? lets run you thru kara once then throw you into hyjal....."

I personally, love healing, it's fun. But the amount of stupid people making stupid claims really makes healing less fun. Like getting stunned four times by Captain Marwyn and in between the 16k damage fears then getting bitched out for the wipe.

Fact is, people are stupid and this will make it more challenging. So the good healers will be more appreciated, I think.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lafteroth
    Fact is, people are stupid and this will make it more challenging.
    God bless stupid people!

Wrath has corrupted a lot of healers, you never ran out of mana and you could spam 'smart' heals that automatically chose targets for you half the time.

Quality healers are going to be in HUGE demand in Cataclysm and the QQ will be astronomical. Most DPS will continue being retarded like they've always been.

You act like they are making each of your heals worth like 5k healing and cost half your mana pool, dont be so ridiculous, all we know they are doing is making it so you cant spam the shit out of someone for 3 hours non-stop. And most people are pulling random numbers out of thier ass "it will take 2-3 blah blah to heal to full" The math for Cataclysm isn't even out yet, you don't know what it will be like and saying that heals wont scale in Cataclysm is just downright ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Most DPS will continue being retarded like they've always been.
    Most likely yeah, but I hope with the upcoming healing changes DPS will finally also have to switch on their brains when playing. ;D

It's called food, you can get it from your local vendor or mage.

My Manabar will actually drop below 90% for a change?
    I mean, All I have been doing in Heroics is: Renew everyone, Fall asleep, Refresh Renew! Oh and throw in an occasional PoM if they decide to do something stupid.

Anyhow, We just have to use Mana more efficient. So, let's not heal the I-Life-tapped-myself-to-40%-So-Heal-me! Warlock, the melee DPS that like whirlwinds, DPS that cannot be arsed to interrupt and thus take full damage (Spell Flingers in OK), Hunter pet's, etc.

So, Heroics might be heroic for a change! Heroics now aren't about being a team and defeat bosses in epic battles. It's about running in and out in 15 minutes with people you usually hate to get those 2 Frost Emblems. I think this will bring more team play into the game and it will lengthen my Blacklist.
    Everything tastes like Chicken! Even Chicken!

If DPS stand in fire, why do you think they would look at and complain about their health bars?

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy
    If DPS stand in fire, why do you think they would look at and complain about their health bars?
    Cause we didn't use Life Grip to save them ;3
    Everything tastes like Chicken! Even Chicken!