Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by very View Post
    a guide to be a (at best) semi decent balance druid
    And your guide that is better is where please? Didn't your mother ever teach you if you have nothing constructive to say don't say anything at all.

One post, six words, he's trollin' you Lev.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Doesn't make a blind bit of difference any decent green gear that is leather will be dramatically better than a cloth item. Losing the 5% bonus is NOT an option.

In my guild having mixed gear means no raid slot as it shows the user to have no clue about their class and Cata raiding mechanics.
    I wore cloth to meet the ilvl for heroics.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.2?filter=qu=2;minle=329

0 results for green quality leather gear at or above ilvl 329.

Is getting the bonus from wearing all leather better? Of course.

But let's also be realistic about what items are actually available in the game, instead of sticking solely to what looks good on paper.

The intellect difference between a 346 cloth blue chest and a 318 leather green chest (the highest ilvl green chest there is) is rather significant, the difference is roughly 109 intellect, which is -very- close to the benefit of wearing all leather, depending on what trinkets you've managed to acquire basically.
    Last edited by Sidonis; 2011-01-02 at 07:05 PM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

They're saying, correctly, that you should be using ilvl 313 greens instead of 346 blues to get the 5% intellect bonus. Yes, it's better that way.

Especially when there are BoEs, leatherworking recipes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    Did you miss where I said I had unfortunate luck with drops? If I had a choice, I wouldn't but sadly RNG hasn't been my friend so it is taking a lot of time to fill out my set.
    Buy the jp leather helm. Was one of my first purchases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biozi View Post
    Hello!
    I`m not sure if this was written anywhere in the topic so i`ll have to ask:what is the haste cap for boomkin?
    There's no haste cap for moonkins anymore. Well, there is no REAL haste cap. Haste does give you an extra dot tick at certain levels of haste, but this is hardly something you gear for, as haste always helps you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Natic View Post
    Hi allAnyway, i have one question about weapon ench...
    You mention Power Torrent ench in your guide, but tbh its pretty expensive atm. Mats cost around 10k g at my server and i dont have to much gold to obtain that nice ench. So i pick Hurricane. It seems that this ench procs quite often :-)
    The question is, is it a good choice or i should pick 81 SP instead?
    You are right, Power Torrent is very expensive - I don't even use it myself, despite having an epic main hand. I'll add alternative enchants later, probably favoring Black Magic from Wrath, until Maelstorm Crystals become a bit cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamara View Post
    So I have read what you said about the glyphs and agree on moonfire and starsurge, but why take insect swarm, on a boss fight it stands for 7% of my damage, then why don't take the glyph of wrath increasing wrath damage on targets with insect swarm on, if my calculations are right that would be bigger dps increase.
    Which calculations? Where are the logs? Right now, you are just posting a blank statement with no arguments :P

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    I'm pretty new to boomkin and I haven't come across this.
    2hand or 1hand + offhand?

Or should I just take the best that's out there atm?
    We are leaning towards MH/OH, generally because we can cash in a bigger increase in intellect with offhands and the offhand enchant. But by all means, as you are gearing up, staves might work just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by asym View Post
    don't they usually advance the 4 set bonus for pvp gear each incarnation?
    the 5-7 added to approach eclipse (solar or lunar) based on getting crit against seems like
    it has nothing on the shorter cast starfire....or am I missing something?
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking at all. In either case, this is purely a PvE guide - we don't have anything to do with PvP.

I realize we are supposed to work towards wearing all leather for the bonus, but I've had to pick up cloth pieces along the way do to unfortunate luck with drops. That is, until tonight when I got http://www.wowhead.com/item=67147 while doing dailies. The haste on it makes me drool as my current helm has only what I could reforge onto it.

The question is, do I sport this lovely purple (my helm is cloth already >.<) or sell it for an obscene amount of gold and wait for drops as my guild starts to ramp up raiding now that the holidays are coming to an end. Right now, I'm wearing 3 cloth pieces so this isn't going to cost me the leather bonus by any means.
    Ditch the cloth ASAP, and get leather, even if you have to grab greens (although you can generally cover yourself fairly quickly with blues). Nothing beat a 5% increase to intellect.

Did you miss where I said I had unfortunate luck with drops? If I had a choice, I wouldn't but sadly RNG hasn't been my friend so it is taking a lot of time to fill out my set.
    Despite that, you are hindering yourself a bit by going for cloth. It would be better to keep your quest greens and blues in this situation

Quote Originally Posted by Runesavan View Post
    It is how ever a very nice guide and a good place to start, I wish there was more spirit haste gear, I dont know about any one else but I wish they didnt put mastery on everything.
    Mastery is our worst stat, but not a bad stat overall. It is only behind crit by a hairline.

Id like to comment on this with an example from a feral druid in my guild. He goes "Everything has hit, and I don't want hit!". Well, obviously, we are not going to get perfect stats on tier 11 items. If we did, then the next two years of raiding would just add 5% more of our perfect stats on our gear.

Thats where reforging comes along. My feral friend can reforge his hit to whatever he wants. Hit still increases his damage, but obviously not as much as other stats, so it makes it the least desirable stat. But that is something we have to live with, or else getting upgrades would be very dull indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by very View Post
    a guide to be a (at best) semi decent balance druid
    If you feel this guide is missing something, feel free to leave your constructive feedback. As it is now, you're just trolling.

In reality, since I am the Best Moonkin in the World (BMW), and this is my guide, it can only make everybody else better as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    One post, six words, he's trollin' you Lev.
    No, he's trolling me

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    I wore cloth to meet the ilvl for heroics.
    Urgh..

Sorry dude, that doesn't fly with me :P

You don't even have to wear the cloth to meet ilvl requirements. the Ilvl requirements just scans your bags. It could be a BoE, PVP gear, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinizine View Post
    You don't even have to wear the cloth to meet ilvl requirements. the Ilvl requirements just scans your bags. It could be a BoE, PVP gear, etc.
    Its still a terrible thing to do to a heroic group, to limp in with subpar gear

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    Its still a terrible thing to do to a heroic group, to limp in with subpar gear
    Agreed. One of my guildies, who is typically bear, queues as all 3 specs for some reason. I queue as DPS/healer, because I can do both quite well since spirit=hit and both specs gem for int anyway. We get a group, it makes me DPS and him healer, so he switches specs and is in mostly 264 epics with a few quest greens on...wanted to kick him out of the guild group then and there. Had to convince him to go back to bear so I could heal instead.

Deleted
    to the original poster. hey im a druid with same name as here on mazrigos server and i was wondering what dps u pull in heroics. i like your guide and have checked you out on armory and was going to copy ur stats etc but wondered how high ur dps is. Thank you

How accurate is the OP in terms of comparison of tradeskills, specifically LW vs Tailoring? How much of a DPS difference is there between the average lightweave int increase and the 65 haste you'd gain from the bracers vs the 50 haste (or int) you'd get from the cloak and the 130 int from the bracers.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    Which calculations? Where are the logs? Right now, you are just posting a blank statement with no arguments :P
    Well ofc I thought you would trust me on my word, im usually a honest guy, but I will bring up a chart showing you.
    I wrote the comment before I bought the moonfire glyph and my dps meter was from that time. And I had a "full" uptime on both, I allways apply them at the same time.

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 03:13 PM ----------

Now the damage IS did was: 71794 * 30/100 = 21538 | 71794 + 21538 = 93332
    Wrath damage was: 219924 * 10/100 = 21992 | 219924 + 21992 = 241916

So won't the glyph of wrath be more benefitual? Calculations and logs enough or you want some more?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamara View Post
    Well ofc I thought you would trust me on my word, im usually a honest guy, but I will bring up a chart showing you.
    I wrote the comment before I bought the moonfire glyph and my dps meter was from that time. And I had a "full" uptime on both, I allways apply them at the same time.

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 03:13 PM ----------

Now the damage IS did was: 71794 * 30/100 = 21538 | 71794 + 21538 = 93332
    Wrath damage was: 219924 * 10/100 = 21992 | 219924 + 21992 = 241916

So won't the glyph of wrath be more benefitual? Calculations and logs enough or you want some more?
    Err. Have you EVER done any ACTUAL theorycrafting??? 163 attacks is a pitiful amount. You need an absolute minimum of 15-20 minutes of attacking on a target dummy, and then you need to be sure that NO other person is attacking it during that time and applying debuffs that would affect your own damage. Plus that recount window shows us nothing, we cannot see what buffs you had what uptime you had what debuffs were on the target.

You only show one chart. Where is the comparison with your preferred method vs what is in the guide to see if its better not just showing one figure and hoping that it somehow makes sense.

Doing theorycrafting is about taking ALL effects into account not just raw numbers and hoping that vaguely might just prove something. You might as well just make your claims by reading tooltips and never testing anything.

Post some actual calculations NOT barely a couple of minutes half hearted effort on a target dummy. REAL calculations with REAL effects taking all known variables into account then and only then might we start to take you seriously.

If you don't know how then ASK but don't claim to be right if you cannot do the most basic of theorycrafting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clukclukboom View Post
    to the original poster. hey im a druid with same name as here on mazrigos server and i was wondering what dps u pull in heroics. i like your guide and have checked you out on armory and was going to copy ur stats etc but wondered how high ur dps is. Thank you
    That is a really, really broad question. Which fight? What kind of group? You can't really compare your DPS to mine, or vice versa, because of too many unknown factors. What you need to do is to optimize your rotation, and increase your gear - everything will follow along accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by thezucc View Post
    How accurate is the OP in terms of comparison of tradeskills, specifically LW vs Tailoring? How much of a DPS difference is there between the average lightweave int increase and the 65 haste you'd gain from the bracers vs the 50 haste (or int) you'd get from the cloak and the 130 int from the bracers.
    The profession numbers are taken from Elitist Jerks, and are made by people a lot smarter than myself. In reality, the difference between the two (or any profession, for that matter) is rather small on the grand sceme of things.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Err. Have you EVER done any ACTUAL theorycrafting??? 163 attacks is a pitiful amount. You need an absolute minimum of 15-20 minutes of attacking on a target dummy, and then you need to be sure that NO other person is attacking it during that time and applying debuffs that would affect your own damage. Plus that recount window shows us nothing, we cannot see what buffs you had what uptime you had what debuffs were on the target.

You only show one chart. Where is the comparison with your preferred method vs what is in the guide to see if its better not just showing one figure and hoping that it somehow makes sense.

Doing theorycrafting is about taking ALL effects into account not just raw numbers and hoping that vaguely might just prove something. You might as well just make your claims by reading tooltips and never testing anything.

Post some actual calculations NOT barely a couple of minutes half hearted effort on a target dummy. REAL calculations with REAL effects taking all known variables into account then and only then might we start to take you seriously.

If you don't know how then ASK but don't claim to be right if you cannot do the most basic of theorycrafting.
    See in MY eyes I think am right, if I knew I was right would I post about it here? I said: If MY calculations are right that would be more benefitual (see im quite modest really I don't say: My calculations are right final, I say IF making room for mistakes and correction). I claim in no way to be right, thats what you decide to see my post as.

Based on how I did my test (nevertheless if my test are bad or have many flaws with it, I don't know what else I could do). I got a result showing positive to what I thought would be the better glyph, so can you please instead of just pointing out on how many places I did wrong, help me figure out!! Im not a rocket scientist, I am a regular school student who mather the fact are not superman in math, but with the little things I know I think what I did would be enough.

As for what buffs and debuffs on the target, I was selfbuffed, with motw only, the poor dolly had no debuffs, I did even reset a few times because someone started attacking it. If you mean uptime on IS and MF you got numbers next to them that means how many times the dots got to tick. I know it was probably a bit short, but if wrath is ahead in this, which was probably around 4-5 minutes or something, wouldn't it also be in front in the long run?

Tyvm this guide was extremely helpful our guild needed a boomkin so i main changed and couldn't have done it without this guide so ty

Would the Darkmoon Card: Volcanoe benefit Boomkins?

It is 300+ Mastery, and a chance to get 1600 intellect for 12 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnatiaSpiritfield View Post
    Would the Darkmoon Card: Volcanoe benefit Boomkins?

It is 300+ Mastery, and a chance to get 1600 intellect for 12 seconds.
    EJ rates it as BIS, having just bought it, I hope there right :P

Its always good, make sure to reforge mas to haste

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin View Post
    EJ rates it as BIS, having just bought it, I hope there right :P

Its always good, make sure to reforge mas to haste
    Oh oka, I dont check EJ too much maybe I should. I love this guide :P

And I am below hit right now so I have all reforged hit. >.<

But I am now going to look at getting that trink

Currently, for pre-Raid BiS (excluding Valor) there are four very strong trinkets available:

Darkmoon Card: Volcano
    Stump of Time
    Gale of Shadows
    Witching Hourglass

IMO, if you have any two of these, don't bother buying the darkmoon card, it's only a minor upgrade. Otherwise go ahead, it's a good trinket