Profession Suggestions for lvl 70 (xp stopped)

I am closing in on 70 with my soon to be twink priest. This is my first clothy/caster/mana user type class. On the same server as this toon I have a maxxed (@ lvl 80) BS, Scribe, Alchy, and Herbalist. I was leaning towards JC/Enchanting for the priest, but I am also considering Tailoring. Please keep in mind I will not be learning any recipes/skills beyond the max of Burning Crusade. Also to note, gold is not an issue as I plan to power level both professions anyway. Any and all suggestions are helpful. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Profession Suggestions for lvl 70 (xp stopped)

Eng/Jc. Since you're just Bging you can use all the Eng crap :P
    If you're raiding then Jc/Tailoring.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I would go with tailoring because you could make some good gear for level 70. I had that mooncloth set a long time in BC.

Enchanting is a good one to go with tailoring because you don't need a seperate gathering profession. I wouldn't pick a profession that relies on a gathering one at level 70, because the mats are hard to come by and expensive at that level if you have to rely on the AH to get them.

go blacksmith and skinner, make some leet armor and gold

ohh ur a preist...

Quote Originally Posted by Lbertuss
    I am closing in on 70 with my soon to be twink priest.
    Is this a BC only account? Or are you able to learn Northrend professions (but for some reason unwilling to?) All Northrend recipies are available/trainable to max at lvl 70 as long as you have the Wotlk expansion -freezing xp doesn't change that.

To actually answer, though;
    All of the mentioned professions are decent (For a clothy pretty much any non-gathering profession is good -you'll get the SP bonus no matter what.)

Potential extra bonuses associated to specific professions:
    Tailoring; free leg enchant presuming you want sp/stam rather than resilience. You can craft the lvl 70 set pieces, but it would make you very squishy -there's minimal stamina on that stuff. (compare crafter only, outland and BoE northrend cloth chest

JC; crafting own gems (duh), but slightly fussy for you to get the recipes you need -remember that while you can buy uncut dragon's eyes you can't buy the crafted ones, so you at least need the marks to buy the recipes for them.

Enchanter: No extra bonuses, but easy levelling in my opinion.

Basically for these three I'd go Tailor/enchanter -they're nice and easy to level together, and easy to level in general. JC tends towards more expensive and you'll be too low level for their special trinkets anyway.
    Though... to add what might be better than any of them:

Engineer: The odd profession. Speed boots, various grenades (the stun can be nice in pvp), haste on use which is handy for burst, Stamina/MC helmet, slow fall on cloak.

Also can craft nice helmets, cheap enough to craft until you get what you want and a quite nice pvp trinket.
    Since engineering has a lot of stuff scaled to be useful at lvl 80 it gets a bit OP at lvl 70, which is part of the point of twinking, isn't it?

Whats the point of a lvl 70 twink? Your highest only in the AV bracket, and grey lvl in AB and WSG.....basically a free kill?

I guess I wasn't clear, I have a WoTLK enabled account, I have an active, raiding 80 warrior. I just really liked BC, and there is an active BC guild on my server, so I figured why the hell not?

I don't want to learn any recipes beyond BC, because, well, they weren't available during BC, and I kind of want to keep the playing field as level as possible.

Looks like Tailoring and Enchanting are the front runners...

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf
    Whats the point of a lvl 70 twink? Your highest only in the AV bracket, and grey lvl in AB and WSG.....basically a free kill?
    With mostly Sunwell gear, my lvl 70 S.Priest was pretty dominate in AB and WSG (even got that 20 kills without dying achievement at 70 in AB.) YES, you will have problems aginst lvl 77+ due to not being able to hit them with spells which you can somewhat make up with the hit from raid gear. I did this before the exp on/off patch so any 79/78's were basically crafted pvp geared, should be less of a problem now.

The only problem I see is being able/finding ques with exp turned off.