10+ Year Old Account

Summoner Orthius

Name: Orthius. This is a name he adopted after becoming forsaken.
    Age: Died roughly aged 32, He stopped counting after then.
    Race: Forsaken
    Class: Demonology Warlock
    Professions: Alchemist and Tailor. He also takes a liking to cooking, and makes a living off it along with his other studies.
    Appearance: Tall for a forsaken, with faded green eyes, and greasy purple hair that has been forgotten about, and has become a tangled mess. One his face is a fel rune, covered up by leather straps. He wears a thick purple robe, addorned with glowing gold demonic runes. He wears an amulet with a horde symbol on one side, and his family coat of arms on the other.
    Personality: Normally calm, but reclusive. He likes to act aloof and superior, but this is just compensation for the amount of times he has been humbled in the past. Though normally calm, if he finds something he cannot accomplish he becomes infuriated by it, and will stop at nothing to break down any obstacles in his way.
    Likes/Dislikes: Enjoys seeing progress, no matter what it may be; However this also means he dislikes anything which is unproductive (This includes the livings' concept of 'fun'). He enjoys new discovers and accomplishments, particularly his own. While enjoys seeing even his rivals profit in the name of progress, He despises any success' of the Royal Apothecary Society.
    History: I'll break this down into sections to make it easier to read.
    (humanity)
    Before he become undead, Orthius was a human priest. He was reknowned for using both the power of the holy light and alchemical cures while going about his work. When the plague hit Lordaeron, he worked day and night to create a cure for it, or at least to find a way to slow it down. As more and more of the kingdom was infected, he become increasingly angry. The light and his science had also given a solution, but against this new threat, his abilities were useless. He became increasingly reckless, until it came to the point where he travelled to a plague infected village in order to gain live samples to work on. He never saw the skeleton archer that claimed his life.
    (Undeath)
    When Sylvanas freed the Forsaken from the Lich King's grasp, Orthius became distraught. His foolishness had led to his death. He saw it as unfair that he had been punished with the undead curse, just for trying to save his own people. Then he discovered that the he could no longer manipulate the holy light the way he could before: his new dead body was rejecting the holy power. In a fit of rage, he cast aside his priestly life and began to study darker arts. All he could think about was revenge. He was so dedicated to his research that he even rejected the offer to join the Royal Apothecary Society. When Orgrimmar was attacked by scourge forces, Orthius knew the time had come. Reaching for his runed tome and his ancient spellblade (a relic that his father had passed on to him, and had been in the family for generations on end. It is all he keeps to remind him of his past life) and booked the first zeplin over to vengeance landing
    (Betrayal)
    In Northrend, Orthius finally had a vent for his anger. He and his felguard Haaroon slew endless scourge in the effort to combat the Lich King. He worked closely with the Royal Apothecary Society in developing the new plagues and the blight. He delighted the irony that his revenge would come in the form of a plague. He had formed a group of close friends, dedicated soldiers of the Horde like himself, who he aided in detroying the most difficult challenges the scourge threw at them. He had never felt so alive in the time he had been dead. Then, the group was stationed at the Wrathgate. When the order came for the attack, he had been helping the Royal Apothecary Society load the blight into their Blight Throwers. He had no idea what their true purpose was. When he realised what Putress was planning, he ran. He did not want to be punished for crimes he had no idea he was commiting. He had no problem with the living, only the scourge. He knew that no good would come from breaking the peace with the alliance.
    (Battle for the Undercity)
    Upon returning to Vengeance landing, He was informed by one of the executors in charge that The Undercity had fallen victim to a violent Coup D'etat by the Royal Apothecary Society. He immediately joined the Forsaken forces heading back to Lordaeron. After the battle, in which he had joined the guard ensuring no traitors escaped the city, he discovered that the plan had been set in motion by the dreadlord Varimathras. He had been warned of the true power of demons in his studies, but he had never experianced them first hand. He now saw why warlocks were hated by all members of society. Humbled and shunned by the rest of the horde (after that, no-one would ever truly trust a forsaken apothecary, or a forsaken warlock. He was unfortunate enough to be both.), he remembered his teachings from when he was human. The value of humaility. He felt it now once again. He had become reckless, gotten involved in pursuits that led to so much destruction. The human inside him weeped while his forsaken shell remained hardened. He would rejoin the fight one day. But before then, he would start out slow; he knew all too well the price of recklessness.
    (Present day)
    Now, he works in the kitchens of the Filthy Animal. He occasionally does mercenary work that he picks up from the inn's customers, but mostly his life consists of deliveries of food and potions.

(Haaroon and Bizpad)
    Bizpad has stood by Orthius through most of his studies. He was the first demon Orthius had ever summoned, and so Bizpad remains as a constant reminder to Orthius that you all things must start out small. He now remains bound to Orthius' room in the Filthy Animal, and acts as an assistant in his alchemical studies.
    Haaroon, however, is acompanies Orthius into battle, and aids with the deliveries. As a felguard, he often gets his chance to show off his muscle by carrying the heavy loads for his master. He is mainly tired of this life as a pack mule for the warlock, and relishes the opputurtunity to sink his Obsidian Blade into the flesh of his foes. ((Story of how he got the obsidian blade will come later))

((/wall of text))
    ((that was a lot of writing, I hope I did it right ;D))
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    My my, you really are caught between a roc and a hard plaice.
    Salm one may try to take advantage of your fishy tale and carp on needlessly, but dont let them lead you to a red herring!

Basst to simply ask the top rogues on your server, or look up their specs.

Good luck!
    From the thread 'Poisson question'

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Summoner Orthius

((Sorry for the bump, but I really want to know what people think of my character))
    Salm one may try to take advantage of your fishy tale and carp on needlessly, but dont let them lead you to a red herring!

Good luck!

this looks excellent. Nice long history; good work. Go and post a link over to the roleplayer request page. I'm sure Islander will approve you with a profile like this.

10+ Year Old Account

I like it, though he doesn't seem like the type who would end up as a cook. I see him going off to be alone, discovering something great, and then leading a guild to fight against a disease or scourge. This is your character though, so you do whatever you want with him

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rahzath
    I like it, though he doesn't seem like the type who would end up as a cook. I see him going off to be alone, discovering something great, and then leading a guild to fight against a disease or scourge. This is your character though, so you do whatever you want with him
    I know what you mean, but I want him to come across as having a divided personality. Though he turned to dark arts and destruction, he cannot help but remember his peaceful past life.
    So he settled down and got a day job while he was figuring out what to do with his life.

Good luck!