Thread: Relys Sunwalker

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Relys Sunwalker

Race: Blood elf
    Class: Retribution Paladin
    Job: Argent Dawn Captain
    Personality: Honorful, with a stronge hatred towards all undead (including Forsaken). This stems from when he was a foot soldier defending Silvermoon from the undead. He saw his home burned and his family slaughtered. He is very vengeful, also, and when set to something he won't back down. Despite that, he mixes well with society and does not like arrogance.
    Likes/dislikes: He dislikes arrogant jerks, even if he is occasionally one himself. He likes killing undead. He also dislikes incompetent people.
    Parents:
    Father - Deceased, fell during the defense of the inner elfgate.
    Mother - Alive, a mage studying in Dalaran.
    History: Born in Fairbreeze Village, he was raised originally to be a ranger. He was one of the best hunters in the village; whenever he went to hunt, he always got the fattest, largest deer or the most ferocious cat. But all of this changed when his parents took him to Silvermoon City for the first time, and he walked into a church. There was a sermon going on, with a priest blessing people with the Light's power. On either side of him, two elven paladins stood rigid, with sword in sheath and sword hanging on the back. This started a chain of events which forced him onto the path of the paladin. The first thing was when he was out hunting dragonhawks, but he let his mind wander. He had encountered a rabid one and he wasn't concentrating... he was bitten. Shocked back into the world, he drew his knife and slit the throat of the foaming dragonhawk. He knew that not even the best healers could heal rabies... and so he climbed the tallest, rockiest mountain and prayed. He eventually fell asleep, but woke up when he felt a strangle, tingling feeling in his arm. He looked at the wound, and saw that a beam of Light had it, coming out of the sky... and as he looked, the wound closed. He thanked whatever entity saved his life, and then descended to the ground level and hunted up a cat. It wasn't the toughest, the most deadly, but it would do...

When he was of age, he went to Silvermoon for the traditional ceremony. As it was going on, an elven woman ran through the street, yelling and screaming. Tears were rolling down here face. Behind her, a black wave of dead and rotting flesh descended upon them...

Relys grabbed a sword from a rack hanging on the wall of the Silvermoon armory, which was nearby, and ran to join the line of defenders that had formed to block the wall of Scourge. They fought valiantly and managed to hold for a little bit, but the line ultimately buckled. When he was about to die to a Lich's hands, he called to the Light and swung out with his sword; it cleaved through the Lich, and his phylactrecy melted onto the ground. He ran away, to Fairbreeze Village, to warn his people. As he was running, he encountered many more undead. He eventually ran through Sunwell Square... and there were many undead surrounding it. Four of the toughest, strongest arcane guardians were fighting with all the strength in their limbs; but they would not hold for long. Relys scampered away, going down Murder Row. As he was running through, he saw a paladin's charger running in the same direction as he. So he called to it, and it surprisingly enough came. It neighed, and allowed him to climb on. They ran out together, escaping to the Western Sanctum. They hid in the hills there, him and the charger, until the main Scourge force left. He then walked to Silvermoon to behold the destruction...

After wandering through the ruins of Quel'thelas for a few years, he decided to go into the Eastern Plaguelands. While there, he encountered the Argent Dawn and joined them. In a battle between the undead of Plaguewood and an Argent raiding party, he managed to hold off, with the help of two footman and a priest, to hold off an undead legion while his comrades escaped. When the undead started to overrun his position, they escaped, and recieved a commendation from the commander of the raiding party. This was the beginning of him getting to the rank of captain.

That's the end of his bio. His picture is in my sig (ignore the guild tag).
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Re: Relys Sunwalker

A solid character, deserving of the title of "retribution paladin". Post a link over to the RP request page, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod
    A solid character, deserving of the title of "retribution paladin". Post a link over to the RP request page, and good luck.
    Thank you I will.

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Deleted

Agreed - very good bio!

looks like knaak wrote it, and lol at 123 years

The only thing I'd change is him killing the lich. I wouldn't remove the event, but I'd make the foe less of a threat, maybe a gheist, ghoul, or an abomination. Other than that, it's alright
    Vengeance... it is not what you take back. It is what you justly return.

'The Assassin Commoner' - Story
    Magister Adrius Frostglare - Forsaken
    AdriusFrostglare - Deviant Art Page

wrong timezones in here. There were never Paladins in the High Elven society before the Fall of Quel'Thalas. There were priests but never paladins. They had spell-breakers, but no paladins. I think this scew in history should be fixed for in truth it is a big untruth. Paladins or Blood Knights only appeared in Blood Elf society after capturing the naaru guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouri96 View Post
    wrong timezones in here. There were never Paladins in the High Elven society before the Fall of Quel'Thalas. There were priests but never paladins. They had spell-breakers, but no paladins. I think this scew in history should be fixed for in truth it is a big untruth. Paladins or Blood Knights only appeared in Blood Elf society after capturing the naaru guy.
    Not exactly true... The blood elves have had the Holy light ever since their escape to the remains of draenor, where they met with the few remaining broken ones who, in turn, introduced them to the Na'aru. This being said, this change occurred before the blood elves even existed, when they were still high elves, allied to the naga.

The Paladin have been present within the blood elves for about 300-1000 years, but they were often shunned when compared to priests or Spell breakers.

lol, where did you get this, I played Warcraft 1-3 (all expansions)? I did the Draenor campaign. There was no paladin class for the elves.

Plus you really do not have to quote a post that was one before you. People can read the previous one on there own. Just its so strange and annoying.

I'm sorry, It's a habit. Anyways, the information comes from the books and from wowwiki. And, as with all good warcraft Loremasters, careful deduction. I'll quote once I have the time to sift throw my books.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    My only question is why did this thread get necroed?
    Here's the traitor!

Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

As I've said before, in other threads, high elves would have had paladins, due to the fact that they weilded the holy light. If a race has priests of the holy light, it will most likely have paladins.

I should note, just because a class/unit was not in the video game prior to the events described in a character bio, doesn't mean that they aren't in existance.

The necroing of this post was useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though Paladins were only created by Humans in the second war, and as the high elves learnt the light from the humans I persobnally don't think they would have had paladins first. Although it's possible that when Alonsus Faol traine dthe first pallys there were High Elves involved...

Just because one race taught something to another doesn't make them wholly the masters of it. The human mages have in ways overtaken their elven masters. It's quite possible that because of their cultural differences, that the elves created paladins a long time before the humans.

High elven paladins existed before the fall. Why the hell did I get necro'd, though?

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Wrong. The High Elves have always had paladins. Not alot of them, and not many famous ones, but there have been a few of them.
    One of the reasons they have never been very prominent is because earlier on, only humans could join the Silver Hand

10+ Year Old Account
    (I hope I'm not necroing this..)
    We really need to stress the no necro rule
    Also, why is it your threads that always get necro'd, Relys?

ok so i don't put my foot in my mouth when i try to do something like this: what's a "necro"?

i just necro'd didn't i...
    Last edited by Shinshiva; 2010-06-25 at 02:06 AM. Reason: oh damn..