Feral cat need advice please...

Hi folks,

in last week i read some advices about DPS cat gearing and geming and.. im little confused Then, please, i need advice, what to do now - if regemming to ArPen or use other enchants etc. - mainly for ICC10/25.

This is my character: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ius&gn=Avenged

Thanks a lot ...yow!

Re: Feral cat need advice please...

Without sounding like a cock you could have posted in here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...ear%27-thread/

Or taken a look at what's been said in: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-druid/feral-druids-the-cat-guide-3-2!-edition/

Quick scan of your gear, and I see you're gemming for crit rating and hit, while your hit was over 530. There's a lot of work to be done gemming / stat wise to the char but currently, I doubt gemming arp is the way to go as you're lacking some ofthe finer ARP pieces ( trinket / rings etc ).

I also notice, you really really like socket bonuses. You may want to check if a socket bonus is really worth gemming for. A prime example would be your weapon, as it has a blue slot with a bonus of +4 agility. You attempted to get the socket bonus and gemmed +10 agi +15 stam in to it, giving you +14 agi +15 stam total. This is not really the way to go to be quite frank, putting a simply +20 agility gem in there would do a world of wonders .. you'd gain 'only' 6 agility. . but a dps increase is a dps increase.

Same for your +10 agi +10 hit gems. Even if you got rid of your +hit trinket, you could safely get rid of some of those gems and either replace with +20 agility or +10 agi +10 crit.

I would personally advise you to either post in one of the links I gave you, or if you're up for the challenge download 'RAWR' or use 'Toskks' to determine what you need to change and how.

Deleted

get the needle encrusted scorpion from FoS HC.

regem all your gear so you got 722 armor penetration only with gems and gear. you will probably reach softcap (722 passive ArP) without using all sockets, so use 20 agi in those. your gear aint good enough to aim for hardcap (1400 passive arp).

50 AP on bracers
    berserking on weapon

you are massive amounts over the hitcap... its 8%, you got 16%. change the triumph trinket to the scorpion and drop all the agi/hit gems... and dont gem for socket bonus if its less than 6 agi, its a waste (unless you pvp in your pve gear and like some more sta)

hope it helped

15+ Year Old Account

If you replace any of your gems with arpen (exept 10 stats) you will have a total gain of 320. That means you would go with 840. Thats not that much but it will increase your dps.

Get rid of some hitrating. You only need 8%, anything above is useless.
    Try to collect more items with arpen, its the best stat for ferals by far.
    Do some TotC until you get the Banner of Victory, replace your 50-emblems-of-Triumph-trinket.
    Another option would be if you could manage to get the Needle Encrusted Scorpion from FoS heroic, than you would gem until you have around 722 arpen and hope for proccs - but going for passive arpen-cap is the better option.
    And do not gem for critrating.
    So far, hope my english isnt that bad.

Deleted

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW.

I feel like I just got trolled. Please someone tell me I got trolled? I'm begging you.....
    stop raising your post count with some bad posts... and i dont even think you're a druid...

If you replace any of your gems with arpen (exept 10 stats) you will have a total gain of 320. That means you would go with 840. Thats not that much but it will increase your dps
    uhm, if you cant reach around 1000 passive ArP then aiming for harcap stupid... gemming to 722,get the trinket and gem rest 20 agi (or hit if you need that) gives you more dps...

15+ Year Old Account

I can rattle off a few things right now

a) WAY WAY WAY over hit and expertise cape. You only need 8% hit (7% if you have a draeni in your group) and 6.5% expertise (126 or so Expertise rating)

b) Don't gem for ArP yet. Farm for the Needle-Encrusted Scorpion and replace the Mark with the NES. Once you have that have 500 or so ungemmed ArP. Then stack ArP to soft cap. You shouldn't be worrying about Hard capping until you have about 900 or so ungemmed ArP.

c) if you using Ifrit as your off-set piece, I would switch out 2 of the 3 other non-tier items for T9. The set bonus is really good and is only dwarfed by the 4-piece T10. Basically have 2-piece T9 and 2-piece T10 until you can get 4-piece (don't break the 2-piece T9 until you have the T10 to replace them).

d) Don't go for set bonuses unless it gives +7 or more Agility. What I would do is move the Nightmare tier to Ifrit, and gem everything else to either Agility or Agility/Crit. Do not put any 20 Crit or Agil/stam into any pieces of gear.

e) need 50 AP on your wrist

f) 110 AP is OKAY on your weapon but once you get an upgrade, put Mongoose on it, stats on it are actually better for druids

g) Not sure if you are going for a mangle spec or a shred spec. but for optimal dps, you should drop your mangle glyph for rip.

h) *personal preference here* I personally don't put points into Imp Mangle since I only use mangle about 5 times in the entire fight (unless I'm on Putricide where I'm target switching a lot). So dropping the 3 points and pointing them elsewhere (such as Feral Agression or Survival Instincts [VERY USEFUL]).

i) Infected Wounds is mostly a Tank/PvP talent and is not needed in a dps rotation.

j) Drop 2 points from Furor and put them into Imp Mark. 2% increase in stats helps in the long run (plus your raid members will like you more for the increase in stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    stop raising your post count with some bad posts... and i dont even think you're a druid...
    Most of my post count goes into bumping my guilds recruitment thread on this website.

And I am too a drood!

15+ Year Old Account

uhm, if you cant reach around 1000 passive ArP then aiming for harcap stupid... gemming to 722,get the trinket and gem rest 20 agi (or hit if you need that) gives you more dps...
    If he starts to collect more items with arpen (some of his are completely missing this stat) it would be easy to reach the 1000 passive.
    The passive arpen is worth much more than the whole procc-based thing.

Deleted

If he starts to collect more items with arpen (some of his are completely missing this stat) it would be easy to reach the 1000 passive.
    The passive arpen is worth much more than the whole procc-based thing.
    try use SimCraft to find out how much passive ArP you need to gain better dps than softcap+trinket+agi gems in rest of the sockets. I belive it's alot

try use SimCraft to find out how much passive ArP you need to gain better dps than softcap+trinket+agi gems in rest of the sockets. I belive it's alot
    most of the time by the time you hit 900-1000 it starts to become a dps increase, granted it would probably be a 10dps upgrade.. remember that arp scales higher the more you get, so at a surprisingly low amount it slowly starts becoming better ditch the arp trinket. of course, as with all feral stats, it's dependent on your gear as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by Vintio
    Hi folks,

in last week i read some advices about DPS cat gearing and geming and.. im little confused Then, please, i need advice, what to do now - if regemming to ArPen or use other enchants etc. - mainly for ICC10/25.

This is my character: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ius&gn=Avenged

Thanks a lot ...yow!

Ok I wrote the cat guide so you should trust me.

First off you need more hit. You should be gemming/enchanting hit wherever you can.

Secondly, you should try to go and get the 2pc tier 8 bonus. It is REALLY good and you should always be using it.

Lastly, if you really are struggling to learn your class, make sure you post LF advice topics on forums that already have the information you need on them.

Thanks, and good luck!

-Pask

I love you Pask, will you have my babbies?

Quote Originally Posted by Telaso
    I love you Pask, will you have my babbies?
    sure!

Thanks all m8, im really appreciate for this tips, hope i understand all well ...

Deleted

Get the T9 shoulders/chest, the neck from conquest emblems and the ring from triumph emblems. Get rid of the hit trinket and farm the trinket from H FoS (you can buy a darkmoon card:greatness if you have bad luck with the FoS trinket, it's way better than the hit trinket). Replace the 20crit gems with 10agi+10haste gems, and 20agi with 20arpen. Use your frost emblems towards getting 4pieces of T10. Get rid of all dreadstones, the only blue gem you need is the nightmare tear. Replace them with 20arpen gems. Put mongoose on weapon.

Trinket comparison for you:

Whispering Fanged Skull - 500 DPS
    Needle Encrusted Scorpion - 475
    Darkmoon Card: Greatness - 375
    Banner of Victory - 350
    Mirror of Truth - 265
    Meteorite Whetstone - 260
    Incisor Fragment - 245
    Mark of Supremacy - 150