Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral Druid BiS?

Quote Originally Posted by rated
    This doesnt look like a BiS list for tanks. It looks like you opened up atlas loot and picked a 277 ilvl gear for every slot, regardless if the stats actually benefit you. IE: That damn parry ring.
    I agree.

The BiS list that I posted is better.

Auroro's Omega Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    Replacing arpen with hit is good, but you're missing out on an extra socket compared to the other non-set pieces.
    regardless I just think the stats are better, I'll test them both out as it won't be hard to get the gloves, I passed the last 3 pairs to fury wars so i'll prob pick up the next ones....not like it matters until I get a DBW to drop anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenn
    So speaking of cat gear...is it possible to get to arp hard cap without 25 heroic gear?
    Yeah, I'm at 100% once I get either heroic 25marrowgawr boots OR 10man heroic BP boots while using distant land. Granted I also have heroic Aldriana's and hoping to get heroic 25 marrowgawr, but I'll also be able to switch some ArP gems out.. so having 264 will still hit it with slightly less flexibility.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Klondikebear
    if you want another *item list* to go by

Deleted

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...96;50713:51295

106 Armor Pen (7.57%)
    16 Agi
    1 red socket
    2 agi on socket bonus

vs

98 Hit (2.99%)
    8 Haste (0.24%)
    48 AP
    8 Crit (0.17%)

Separating this to valuable stats (arpen/hit/agi/haste) and less valuable stats (ap/crit), you get 144 valuable stat points, vs 106 valuable and 32 less valuable stat points.

Your profile yields (without ICC zone buff) 14533 DPS in Rawr, and 14009 DPS in simcraft 3.3.3-3 after 400k iterations using the EJ profile.

Going with rotface gloves, gunship cloak and marrowgar ring, rawr gives me 14646 DPS (+113), and simcraft 14133 (+124).

Your rawr profile: http://sharebee.com/2f90e86a
    My nelf bis rawr profile: http://sharebee.com/8c014c77

Simcraft string I used:
    Code:
    ./simc.exe rawr="E:\Documenten\paskbis.xml" iterations=400000 actions="flask,type=endless_rage/food,type=hearty_rhino/cat_form/auto_attack/snapshot_stats/faerie_fire_feral,debuff_only=1/tigers_fury,energy<=30,berserk=0/berserk_cat,energy>=80,energy<=90/savage_roar,cp>=1,savage_roar<=1/rip,cp>=5,time_to_die>=6/savage_roar,time_to_die>=9,cp>=3,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=8&dot.rip.remains-buff.savage_roar.remains>=-3/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,time_to_die<=6/ferocious_bite,cp>=4,time_to_die<=1/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,rip>=8,savage_roar>=11/shred,extend_rip=1,rip<=4,savage_roar>=3/mangle_cat,mangle<=1/rake,time_to_die>=9/shred,if=(buff.combo_points.stack<=4|dot.rip.remains>=0.8)&dot.mangle.remains>=0&dot.rake.remains>=0.4&(energy>=80|buff.omen_of_clarity.up|dot.rip.remains<=2|buff.berserk.up|cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3)/shred,time_to_die<=9/shred,cp<=0,savage_roar<=2" threads=4

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    I agree.

The BiS list that I posted is better.

Auroro's Omega Tanking
    Crayons are indeed the best things to put gems in with.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...96;50713:51295

106 Armor Pen (7.57%)
    16 Agi
    1 red socket
    2 agi on socket bonus

vs

98 Hit (2.99%)
    8 Haste (0.24%)
    48 AP
    8 Crit (0.17%)

Separating this to valuable stats (arpen/hit/agi/haste) and less valuable stats (ap/crit), you get 144 valuable stat points, vs 106 valuable and 32 less valuable stat points.

Your profile yields (without ICC zone buff) 14533 DPS in Rawr, and 14009 DPS in simcraft 3.3.3-3 after 400k iterations using the EJ profile.

Going with rotface gloves, gunship cloak and marrowgar ring, rawr gives me 14646 DPS (+113), and simcraft 14133 (+124).

Your rawr profile: http://sharebee.com/2f90e86a
    My nelf bis rawr profile: http://sharebee.com/8c014c77

Simcraft string I used:
    Code:
    ./simc.exe rawr="E:\Documenten\paskbis.xml" iterations=400000 actions="flask,type=endless_rage/food,type=hearty_rhino/cat_form/auto_attack/snapshot_stats/faerie_fire_feral,debuff_only=1/tigers_fury,energy<=30,berserk=0/berserk_cat,energy>=80,energy<=90/savage_roar,cp>=1,savage_roar<=1/rip,cp>=5,time_to_die>=6/savage_roar,time_to_die>=9,cp>=3,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=8&dot.rip.remains-buff.savage_roar.remains>=-3/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,time_to_die<=6/ferocious_bite,cp>=4,time_to_die<=1/ferocious_bite,cp>=5,rip>=8,savage_roar>=11/shred,extend_rip=1,rip<=4,savage_roar>=3/mangle_cat,mangle<=1/rake,time_to_die>=9/shred,if=(buff.combo_points.stack<=4|dot.rip.remains>=0.8)&dot.mangle.remains>=0&dot.rake.remains>=0.4&(energy>=80|buff.omen_of_clarity.up|dot.rip.remains<=2|buff.berserk.up|cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3)/shred,time_to_die<=9/shred,cp<=0,savage_roar<=2" threads=4
    I see where I miscalculated. I AM at the crit cap (right under it) in my gearset, I forgot about the 700 agility proc, which would be partially wasted when DBW procs that (I wouldn't know since, yano, i haven't seen one -_-)

You also run a little different set up then the other guy I compared it to. I like it, although I'm not to worried about my set up until I get DBW, then I'll probably play around with those other peices. I just need the gloves/cloak which go to offset anyways now.

So I'm assuming you evaluated that the marrowgar ring gives you more dps then the rep ring? Idk seems kinda iffy to me. Proc can be a lot of extra dps if you get 2x rake and 1 rip up during it.

Deleted

it also gives crit instead of haste, and less hit

gl getting 2rake1rip off during it, it's quite short duration, and more than a minute between each proc (1 PPM + 60sec icd)

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    Crayons are indeed the best things to put gems in with.
    Ok.

If you think more stamina is the best way to go then you can take that place.

I however think that you need to balance threat (Exp/Hit) and stamina for a good run.

I do agree that gemming hit rating is ok for some cases.

Many of the bear tank here in mmo know that stamina only help so far. If you are having threat problem then you need to gem more hit rating or EXP rating.

There are reason why we do said that using Def/Stam or Hit/Stam is ok for yellow sockets. You just need to choose the right yellow socket, I thought I did a good job.

You need to balance EH/TOL/Threat, by only looking at EH you can destroy the raid without knowing.

If you can't taunt off the boss from the other tank, it is your fault for not making sure your hit is at a good amount. The best amount is 16% hit for growl and being close to 8% is better than being 3%.

I hate when people undervalue hit rating, and is happy that blizzard is going to fix that for cata.

Deleted

If you got Ikfirus chest, T10 legs, icc crafted boots, rep ring and a icc lvl weapon, threat should never be a problem. All of these are easy to get.

If you got Ikfirus chest, T10 legs, rep ring and a icc lvl weapon, threat should never be a problem.
    What kind of ICC lvl weapon?

If 264 and 277, then I agree.