Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I can imagine the raids:
    hunter: Ooh sweet he dropped a bow, can I have it?
    Tank: Yh ok
    hunter: <equips>
    Raid leader: WTF?
    hunter: What?
    RL: Your GS is over 5k now
    hunter: oh... so what does this mean?
    RL: It means your defeating the point that we can do it without gear.
    hunter: um...
    RL: you now have a good gs... **** off

no seriously, that is a very good idea

Ok first, I have to say that being able to clear as much as you have (even if it is normal), is very impressive and I applaud what you're doing.

A couple of comments tho:
    1) I don't really see the point in no voice communication. Imo, it pretty much goes directly against your goal of proving that skill > gear. Voice comms is part of skill. Not using Voice comms just makes things unnecessarily harder on your raid with no real benefit to proving your goal and removes a lot of the socializing for your raid. Considering that your guild, specifically, would be a highly bonded because of your goal, this one thing is probably killing a very significant part of the fun factor for your guild and might be hurting your recruitment/member retention as well. I might would be interested in trying out what you're doing if it wasn't for this single point.

2) Forced re-rolling. Why? Same as point one, your goal is to prove that skill > gear, yet this seems to be pretty detrimental to that. And again, I imagine a fair bit of raiders are perfectly happy with their class/spec and would want to try your method out otherwise.

3) 10 mans. While I get that the audience for your goal is mostly meant to prove the point to casuals, who focus on 10 mans more, your point would be more effective, imo, by doing it on 25 mans, which are harder and considered the primary tier of raiding. And yes, I did note your recruitment problems. Given 1 & 2, I'd say some of that problem is your own fault.