Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: elemental shaman survivability

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Then all those players are either horrible, or you are simply a god amongst insects
    Or you're just another baddie whining? :

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    Ah, of course that must be it.

Then please enlighten me with a 20 minute video describing how to defeat all specs 1v1 without blowing any 5minute+ cooldowns.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

I'm having trouble with hunters, warlocks and DKs.

Good hunters will keep me from doing damage with silencing shot, scatter, feign death and scatter, when they finally run out of options to stop me from firing off that lavaburst, they deterrence while their dots and pet keep beating on me, I usually heal here, but silencing shot doesnt have a long cooldown <.<
    Warlocks. I don't think I even need to address why I'm having trouble here.
    DKs. I lose to so many scrub DKs who think they're real heroes because pretty much all their abilities can keep me in check, I spend half the fight running from them, root, trying to ground deathgrips, thunderstorming, juking mindfreeze but they just heal heal heal, reduce damage or become immune to it, while keeping up damage on me, its crazy :<

Ah, of course that must be it.

Then please enlighten me with a 20 minute video describing how to defeat all specs 1v1 without blowing any 5minute+ cooldowns.
    Tell me what you're having troubles wiht and i promiss you you'll never lose to it again. My knowledge will blow your mind.

15+ Year Old Account

Tell me what you're having troubles wiht and i promiss you you'll never lose to it again. My knowledge will blow your mind.
    Hunters, Affliction Warlocks (most of them anyway), Shadowpriests, Decent frost mages, muti/prep rogues, and resto druids...

/Prepare to mind=blown

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz
    I'm having trouble with hunters, warlocks and DKs.

Good hunters will keep me from doing damage with silencing shot, scatter, feign death and scatter, when they finally run out of options to stop me from firing off that lavaburst, they deterrence while their dots and pet keep beating on me, I usually heal here, but silencing shot doesnt have a long cooldown <.<
    Warlocks. I don't think I even need to address why I'm having trouble here.
    DKs. I lose to so many scrub DKs who think they're real heroes because pretty much all their abilities can keep me in check, I spend half the fight running from them, root, trying to ground deathgrips, thunderstorming, juking mindfreeze but they just heal heal heal, reduce damage or become immune to it, while keeping up damage on me, its crazy :<
    haha this is the proof that you play shaman like you should =P Those are idd the worst scenarios. just try to get a warstomp on the hunter as soon as possible and try dropping him in the start or forget about sportsmanship and just abuse a pillar.
    and yea DKs blowing all their CDs can be a pain but it sounds like you're doing it right =P

Hunters, Affliction Warlocks (most of them anyway), Shadowpriests, Decent frost mages, muti/prep rogues, and resto druids...

/Prepare to mind=blown
    I already stated warlocks are a lost game.
    Erm with shadowpriest just keep cleansing up and ground/shock that thingy they always want to keep up(cant recall the exact name><) and donnot get cought in a fear, just keep him at distance with frostshocks and when he comes close just knock him back. it can even be worth trinketing the range fear/disarm shizzle they got going on to avoid being cought in a fear. and dispel their shields etc.
    Vs. Frostmages: avoid getting cought in that first sheep. If you're dueling just start with a grounding down and try to keep some pressure up right away and its really easy to predict when they're deep freezing so just ground it. And for the love of god fake cast counterspell. just fake a heal as soon as you're below 80% or something so you can keep on playing without having to worry about it for a bit. and just purge shields and wards yadayada...
    Rogues will generally open with cheap shot(they'll only open with garotte when you've beaten them a few times already lol) Just use thunderstorm right b4 cheap shot breaks so he doesnt have time to land a kidney. then just keep on kiting him. The ideal scenario is if he's using cloak in the start. just keep on kiting with earth binding and make sure to keep searing totem/cleansing down and flameshock up.
    But if you're getting killed by resto droods all this wont help you anyways.... :

Deleted

This is where you're wrong. Shamans can potentially beat every class except for them warlocks in 1vs1.
    These facts are based on thousands of BGs and even more duels!

Oh yes indeed. I agree.

Combined with engineering its problaly one of the few who can take on pretty much anything. Retri paladins for example, you just keep kiting them and purging hand of freedom.

Had a 1v1 with an arcane mage (pve geared from top to toe) once he was in purge range i flame shocked him and purged his shield LB followed by ele mastery lava burst, CL. 6k, 12k!, 8k, BOOOMM!!!!
    Arcane mage has died! 8)

its like that picture where the warlock spams immolate and the pala or what ever dispells and when the immolate resists dispell u just see the lock screaming like: "Incnerate, Chaos Bolt, Conflagurate" and the next cartoon pic is a smoke mushroom.

I just love that combo on pve ppl, it should be a atom bomb animation and sound ;D

15+ Year Old Account

I already stated warlocks are a lost game.
    Erm with shadowpriest just keep cleansing up and ground/shock that thingy they always want to keep up(cant recall the exact name><) and donnot get cought in a fear, just keep him at distance with frostshocks and when he comes close just knock him back. it can even be worth trinketing the range fear/disarm shizzle they got going on to avoid being cought in a fear. and dispel their shields etc.
    Vs. Frostmages: avoid getting cought in that first sheep. If you're dueling just start with a grounding down and try to keep some pressure up right away and its really easy to predict when they're deep freezing so just ground it. And for the love of god fake cast counterspell. just fake a heal as soon as you're below 80% or something so you can keep on playing without having to worry about it for a bit. and just purge shields and wards yadayada...
    Rogues will generally open with cheap shot(they'll only open with garotte when you've beaten them a few times already lol) Just use thunderstorm right b4 cheap shot breaks so he doesnt have time to land a kidney. then just keep on kiting him. The ideal scenario is if he's using cloak in the start. just keep on kiting with earth binding and make sure to keep searing totem/cleansing down and flameshock up.
    But if you're getting killed by resto droods all this wont help you anyways.... :
    I already do all this. But a rogue with all his cooldowns is just impossible

Aw well, scissors beats paper

Well, as i understand it right:
    Survival as an ele shammy has a lot to do with totem juggling/timing. ... and instant wolf maybe ;-)

should i respecc to this ?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...O,JyeqHO,11723

Quote Originally Posted by Singstomoon
    Well, is i understand it right:
    Survival as an ele shammy has a lot to do with totem juggling/timing. ... and instant wolf maybe ;-)

should i respecc to this ?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...O,JyeqHO,11723
    Nono ><
    Check my armory for a somewhat proper spec
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Blackonblack
    Dont mix it up with the PvE one now =P

One on one, Ele can handle most things except warlocks. Deathknights can be a problem if they use gargoyle, it can be very difficult to keep them off you and keep yourself topped off through the gargoyles damage. Focusing the gargoyle and interrupting it helps a little bit to slow it down, remember to use terrain to your advantage. The other thing I can say that will give a good ele trouble is shadow priests.

Against DKs, best bet is to try "fake" an AMS with lavaburst since they will normally use it for a full bar of runic (which can mean death since 1 deathcoil = 1 LHW pretty much =p). If you can force a deathgrip before thunder you will usually win. Remember that if you do get the thunder after deathgrip, to start casting a spell then immediately cancel and drop a grounding, since almost 90% of the time this is when a DK will strang you. Keep cleansing totem up and keep diseases off you when you can, remember if you don't have unholy blight on you, you can drop a stone claw to absorb the deathcoil (Since unholy blight is only applied if the deathcoil actually damages you) and try to cleanse yourself. This limits their deathstriking which can help alot. Again, line of sight and wolfie help a ton versus DKs, since an earthbind ----> run behind corner ----> heal can help you out a ton. Oh and remember that grounding soaks up mindfreeze so if you absolutely need to heal, you can drop a grounding and cast in his face. If your grounding is before your cast is done and he hasn't interrupted, stop your cast so he will waste the interrupt , then youre free to cast. Trinket Gnaw.

Against shadow priests the advice given before me is the best. Run! Always keep them at range so they cant fear you, drop tremors in obscure places if you can, generally if you get caught in a fear and they have silence up, you will most likely die. Frost shock and thunder are your friends. Force them to use silence to stop damage on them instead of to plough you. If you get lowish (around 70%) fake a heal then drop a grounding and hope for a silence in the totem, alot of the time you will catch it. If not, try to save groundings for silence to stop DoT combos or Mindblast/SW combos. Use cleansing for dev plague, forcing lots of dev plagues will oom them and put them on the defensive. And again, always keep at range if you can. Fears can mean death.

Other than this, the rest of the classes I don't really see as much of an "issue" as such. Good warlocks are impossible, decent warlocks are really hard, "meh" warlocks are tough, bad warlocks are bad (couldn't resist).

I mean, I'm not saying that every class except warlocks, shadow priests, and DKs are a joke to solo as elemental, not at all. What I am saying is that these three classes in particular have quite a big edge against us, particularly due to their ability to shut us down while limiting damage done to themselves when they aren't shutting us down (Heals, drains, shields etc).

Hunters *can* be hard too. The main issue with hunters is to remember to save totems globals for silencing shot (IE, don't totem if you're not silenced, so you have something to use when you ARE silenced, unless obviously you really need it), and to be as aggressive as you can with shocks, earthbinds, ghostwolf etc. Keep damage on them, and remember line of sight against hunters is your friend. You can heal, they can't. As long as you aren't reckless you won't really have to put yourself in a situation where it is just your damage versus theirs, because they will win since they have more ways of stopping you than you have of stopping them.

In battlegrounds, if you are soloing, try to stay at distance and avoid being the one in the lead. With no healer astral shift is useless and you will just sit there stunned until you die. People seem to love going for shamans for this reason, so pick your fights and know where to stand, positioning is really the key. Because you don't really have any "Oh shit" button (Iceblock, dispersion, bubble, etc) and your disabling CC is rather limited with hex, people will chase you down so just be prepared for it =p.

Oh and your basic PvP spec is http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...1,JykqHO,11723. You can play around with a few points, I like getting guardian totems because of the grounding CD reduction, or sometimes I max reverberation, depending on moods. But that is the basic gist of a good ele pvp spec.

Im bored it is 3 AM and I have no idea whether I am on topic or not. But regardless, I hope this helped.

I have all honor pvp gear, nothing arena points gear, and have around 1.3k+ resil.
    thats about close to 30% damage mitigation.

50% physical damage reduction in armor.

30% damage redux when stunned/feared/silenced.

6% damage redux from talents.

I can actually live through stunlock.
    at one time, 2 rogues jumped on me near flag but I stay alive longer than 10 seconds!

small shield with glyph.
    aoe snare/root
    knockback
    totems

I guess I am quite satisfied with ele shaman.
    I just a bit angry that I cannot do arena and have a bit more resil and SP >.<

oh well, warlock's dots (aff) really eats me alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz
    Elemental shamans suffer a lot from their completely lack of mobility, wolf is easily countered, and if you're silenced you can't do squat anyway.
    We need to stand still to do damage, and that's were our spec falls flat unless you've got a group that supports you.

Even Boomkins are much better off then Elemental.
    I love when bad ele shamans try to counter an argument with absolute BS. Nobody said you have to sit there and chain cast spells into a person. Just Root totem, ghost wolf away, and LvB - CL - FS, rinse repeat.

There needs to be a required armory link for people that post here so you can see who legitimately has a problem or who i just another clueless WoW scrub who thinks their class blows because their wearing full deadly to PvP.

heres shaman pvp

enhance: wolves up? sweet run in pop wolves bloodlust wreck face. win
    wolves down? earth bind frost shock ghost wolf gtfo. 90% chance u die

ele: is there ppl in front of you? good. lol flame shock lavaburst chain lightning win.
    are you by yourself? thuderstorm earthbind frost shock ghost wolf GTFO 90% chance u die

resto: is there ppl around you? heal them heal urself lol as other team dies.
    by yourself? heal urself run to ur team. lol as other team dies.

Ele shamans... you gotta work with em. Use every tool you can, and then use more.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pcx226
    heres shaman pvp

resto: is there ppl around you? heal them heal urself lol as other team dies.
    by yourself? heal urself run to ur team. lol as other team dies.
    I'll fix this a bit.

Is there ppl around you? heal them heal urself nvm counterspell omg can't cast time to push my oh-shi button wait wat I dont have one poppin ES omg hai rogue fk sake MS ES heals for nothing where's my teammates dude I need peels cant get any want to run to my team oh fk kidney fk this no stun reduction, ima heal, HAH IM NOT FAKECAST SKILLS BRO CASTING W/O INTERRUPTIO....FUUUUUUUUU GOUGE kek kick is up again nvm Im dead.

At least that's how it usually went for me.

I love it when people are just like, Paladins? Just kite and Purge, duh! Shadow Priest, just kite and purge, duh! When in reality it doesn't work that way at all. A Shadow Priest will have no problems ripping to you shreads with DoTs before you even have time to counter attack. No amount of grounding totem or stoneclaw will save you even if you're using it on every CD. Between the buffs you have to purge off them before you can even do damage, their dots that can keep doing significant damage while they're rebuffing, fear, and some resil they will outlast you plain and simple. Kite and purge is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, if that priest has half a brain while you're busy slowing him down and running away he'll just be dotting while moving and rebuffing himself seeing as you won't be doing any damage while moving, frost shock is just going to get absorbed, inb4 the silence, inafter the mana burn, GG...

As for Paladins. Kite and Purge works on the dumb ones. The same problem occurs, you can't do damage while you're moving and if you stop to do damage you open yourself up for a wave a burst damage that is absolutely ridiculous. Again, god forbid they are wearing resil so you can watch them shrug off all your attacks and if you do manage to get them down watch them bubble and you're back at square one. If its a prot pally in pvp gear its worse.

Rogues/ferals are another bane of my existence. I know to trinket kidney rather than cheap but even with Cleansing totem down and keeping FS on them and having close to 1200 resil i've gotten my shit demolished by rogues in seconds and literally been in situations where i've died while i'll getting off thunderstorm. The only time i don't mind rogues is when im sitting at LM and that one TS i get off blast them off the edge.

Add DKs and Locks to that list and those are fights that if they're wearing the same lvl pvp gear and are equally skilled you are probably going to die if for no other reason that you'll find yourself in several situations where theres nothing you can do. Ele has so few good defenses its a very fine spec to play at a high skill level. If you don't ground the right spell at the right time you're probably going to die. If theres nothing you can ground at all then you should probably start running cause if one of your main defensive CDs is useless you can bet they're a class that has a waiting list of skills to just wreck your shit....

Rooting a target and running away is nothing new and most classes have a way to break roots or silence you or stop YOU from moving, and i don't mean something we can just ghost wolf out of and ignore. Most classes have a movement imparing effect that has to be trinketed, alot of classes have multiple ones or easily spamable ones or ways to close the distance. Our root, contrary to popular belief does not last 10 seconds, earthbind pulse last 8 and the root effect only last 5 at the most. If you want to use these in conjunction with Frost Shock to run away then knock yourself out but any class that allows you to successful kite and kill them they were an idiot in PvE gear cause.

Ele/Enh are one of the worst classes 1vs1, Enh isn't so bad cause they have a nice CD with wolves but if wolves are down then gg. You can go to any other forum and talk about what classes they lol @ in pvp and it'll be shamans. Our low health pool, lack of useful defensive CDs, and a host of other thing make us very weak alone. Get us in the right comp though and we can do some serious damage. Because all 3 Shaman specs work well in particular niches our arena representation is fairly high and even if you don't play resto you could still break 2k with the right group without much effort. In BGs if you have a healer watching your back you can blow up several people.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Well, XemnasXD. I felt the same way too when i started this thread 8)

I have the distinct fealing that it is always me who is picked out of a grp, because most ppl know that shaman's survivability is very low. Hell, i always pick the shaman when i see one

From the replies, i learn that it can be done. But you have to know exactly what to do at the exact right time. And that makes its survivability not zero but very, very hard. I have a rogue with which i do battlegrounds, and i know how easy it can be to dispatch certain classes. A subtlety specced rogue has an arsenal of tools to cc and burst down someone in 1vs1.

But, i had some interesting tips, i learned to use my totems better ánd more. So am really happy with the reactions i got.
    Tx all