Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Do you think enha ever will get legendary?

the melee weapons in cata should have a agility/strenght stat, the stat you have more of would be always chosen, similar to dc:g or deaths choice.

so rogue/enh would have one ortwo 1h agi axes/maces ( maybe make combat a slow/slow spec, so we can remove fast axes/fists/swords/maces from the loottables )

dk/ret/warrior would have a strenght one or two 1h str mace/axes

one legendary, 4 dw melee specs to use it.

and regarding
    Quote Originally Posted by Segasik
    That's correct.
    Well maybe now when
    Huntards and Druids and Palas can use Polearm maybe they will make Legendary :>
    That´s very unlikely for several reasons.
    1.) ferals are most of the time in bear form. legendaries are there to be shown off
    2.) hunters use melee weapons as stat sticks. unbefitting a legendary ( and yeah i know thori'dal had the same function for warrior/rogue )
    3.) retribution paladins and dk´s rarely ever use polearms. arms isn´t up there with fury so it´s a rare pve spec. leaving out warriors from a legendary the other 2h plate dps are able to use would leave them left out.
    ( although one has to admit that they had the biggest share of legendaries of all classes up till now )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Not to mention that We could have at least one Expansion without Legendary for Warriors hmm ?

they had sulfuras.

Yes they did. Just because you were pidgeonholed into resto doesnt mean there werent any enhancement shamans back then.
    I saw quite a few back then with the orange hammer.

15+ Year Old Account

I would like to see some kinda check in, or quest line that allows for multiple rewards.

Kitties need some love too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrus
    they had sulfuras.

Yes they did. Just because you were pidgeonholed into resto doesnt mean there werent any enhancement shamans back then.
    I saw quite a few back then with the orange hammer.
    This made me think of shadowpriests :P
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Sulfuras was used by Warriors Enh and Retri [ok lol at retris but stil] :P

But let's bitch about Warriors for some time now.

In Vanilia they got 2 weapons
    Thunderfury+ Sulfuras
    In TBC also 2 weapons(glaives - ye ye I know Off hand wasnt that good for Fury but still) well even actually 3! (Thoridal)
    and now they have Shadowmourn... So.. Overall 6...

Let's roll Warr everyone ?
    Beloved Blizz Class.. ?

1st one will be caster weapon and
    2nd one will be tank weapon -has been a long time since Thunderfury

And no,enhancer shamans will never see a legendary designed for them again,same goes for druid cats.

I mean i love my enh. shaman,but if you played him long enough you will sooner or later recognize how Blizz "loves" us.

a cash cow is well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow. Cash cows are often 'milked' for developing, promoting, or supporting new or struggling counterparts.

Signs of a cash cow

* Product variations
    * Customer segmentation
    * Pricing flexibility
    * Cost reduction
    * Targets specific competitor

Well

Has been a long time since Sulfuras aswell.. exactly same amount of time :>

You know, as a tank, i would love to see a legendary Shield or any other Armor. I mean seriously, if you give DPSers a legendary weapon, tanks need something protective.

Quote Originally Posted by Segasik
    Well

Has been a long time since Sulfuras aswell.. exactly same amount of time :>
    exactly. also keep inmind that to vanilla ties warriors were the only raidtanks.

try to make a tanking legendary with a 2h tank ( blood dk ), 1agi stave/polearm tank ( feral ) and two 1h weap/shield tanks ( prot pala/warri )

keep also in mind that more dps will never ever hurt, but tanking will come to a point were you have enough heal and hp to survive, and besides some thread capped specs like fury keeping your target at you shoudln´t be a prob.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifftrax
    seeing as you didn't read the thread i guess, i went ahead and found the quote from the warrior preview q&a

Q: Are one-handed Fury warriors going to be competing with rogues for one-handed weapons?
    A: This is unlikely. Rogues and shaman will want one-handers with Agility, while warriors and death knights will want them with Strength. I won’t be surprised when one of these classes picks up the other’s weapon as it could be an upgrade simply based on the damage, but it won’t be optimal.
    I don't understand why people do that... especially in a thread that (when you posted) had 8 replies. It's not that difficult to see what others have said before you reply to it.

OT - I doubt enh will get a legendary. We are just too special. There is only one other class that can use a weapon that we can use, and that is it. :/

Although if we do get a legendary, it will most likely be shared with warriors and dks. The weapon would most likely have mirrored str and agi. (Such as 300 str and 300 agi. Won't be op because each of the classes will only be able to use one of the stats.)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terrih91
    u aint never heard of hand of rag??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5d-Gvx6-FI

u had legendary just not a recent one.
    That nub clicks all of his spells but frost shock and earth shock.... Nice auto attack bind on 1....

they real question should be: Who cares?
    Especially with the current legendary philosophy where legendaries get outdated with the next major patch instead of the next expansion. Sure it has some E-peen value but besides that it's pretty much pointless imo. And if it's purely for E-peen you might as well get HoR :
    Although I'm probaby one of the few who couldn't care less about orange name tags.
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant
    That nub clicks all of his spells but frost shock and earth shock.... Nice auto attack bind on 1....
    Because enhancement shamans back then had some many spells to use!
    Also, look at the video again, he didnt click anything but his target.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by terrih91
    u aint never heard of hand of rag??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5d-Gvx6-FI

u had legendary just not a recent one.
    Soon as I saw the YouTube link I knew it would be this video, was pretty badass back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by viR
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17182

edit: back in vanilla 2h enh was the way to go.
    This..

You already had a legendary.. I missed the first eye in our guild due to the Shaman getting it first..

well, it did in fact had some shaman with the hammer HOWEVER i does not change the fact that warriors got in the long run more, simply because they´d do raid dps and shaman not.

it´s gotta do something with luck. when you were in a raid with no dps warriors, why not, take the eye but you cant take for granted.

you could also take ashkandi as a ret paladin or hunter, but for that you´d either have to have one damn stupid raidleader or a very convienient raid setup.

Point being: many shaman have´nt started raiding before tbc and where left out with legendaries compared to almost any other physical dps class: warriors, rogues, hunters, dk´s and retribution paladins.

Think of it this way if ther ever is a legendary that is viable so a 1hnder its not gunna go to us ( a enh shaman) anyway so if u want a legendary go ele for cata thats my plan and the only one i can see working.

A rogue or a "good" frost dk will probally gain more from it so QQ wah wah blizzard hates us nowdays get used to it :P

Only way i could see ther being a legendary one hander would have to be some crazy idea with AP say 3 sockets and a proc that increases spell damage taken so its basically viable for frost dks and enh shamans cutting out rogues really (unless ther poisons gain from it i cant really remember or care.)

Quote Originally Posted by Spongy
    Only way i could see ther being a legendary one hander would have to be some crazy idea with AP say 3 sockets and a proc that increases spell damage taken so its basically viable for frost dks and enh shamans cutting out rogues really (unless ther poisons gain from it i cant really remember or care.)
    or simply my suggestion of making any melee weapon providing either agility or strenght, depending on which stat is higher? => solved

Did you guys forget Atiesh? That had 4 different versions for the 4 casters.

I was disappointed when Shadowmourne turned out to be 2-handed only. I was hoping that it would function like the level 60 epics for hunters and priests, with an on-use that turned it from a 2-hander into 2 1-handers (and back again).

The real issue with that, of course, is the fact that it's not just about slots or even stats. Frost and Enhance both need two slow 1-handers whereas combat needs a fast offhand, and it remains to be seen which the 1-hand fury warrior is going to want. Compound that with Frost and Fury both working off strength and Enhance and Combat (and Hunters) working on agility.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see speed normalization for off-hand invovled abilties like Stormstrike and Lava Lash. (Or, it's very possible that the ooh-ahhs about the new Lava Lash damage buff are simply the consequence of Blizzard de-itemizing 2.60 one-handed weapons in favor of strictly fast off-hands, thereby buffing Lava Lash to prevent nurfing it). Keleseth's Seducer is the perfect example of exactly what Blizzard doesn't want to do: an RNG drop that benefts exactly 1 spec out of the 30 in the game.

No. Likely, we'll see some level of homogenization in this area first. Speed-in-slot will either be universal (slow/fast or slow/slow) or be unimportant due to normalization. Likely we'll see no agility or strength on weapons to allow them to be spec agnostic, rather we'll see hit, crit, haste, expertise, mastery, and probably a lot more on-hit procs.

This would pave the way for the introduction of another 1-handed melee legendary, or a pair thereof.

Of course, the route they're more likely to go is just Quel'delar 2.0. Something for everybody.
    Author of Enhancement Technique, a priority manager for Enhancement Shamans | My YouTube channel | Teckniques @ Sargeras-US