Deleted

AM I viewing DPS inflation the right way.

Say you do ICC25 HC every week. Festergut is on "farm" status and every DPS tries to max their DPS out for fun.

You start out with x DPS and then get an upgrade. So your overall damage will increase and your DPS will go up as expected. But since you do more damage the fight shortens causing you to be under the effect of cooldowns for longer - so DPS rises from that too. Is that right?

Deleted

Re: AM I viewing DPS inflation the right way.

Yes.

It depends on the length of the fight and your cooldowns' length. If you cut the fight short enough that your cooldowns are just about to come up as the fight ends, you aren't getting that extra damage multiplier.

dont forget bloodlust

yes and no.

if the fight is shotened so that you end up having cd's getting ready just as boss dies then ofc your dps-meter will be showing a lower number compared to previouskills. But that is just because you are looking at the dpsmeter like a blind fool.
    If the lengt of an encounter changes then ofc numbers will turn up diffrently. you have not lost any dps by uppgrading your gear, you ahve infact gained dps. But you don't realize it because you compare your new numbers where your cd's was only used once, directly with your old numbers where cd's was used twice.

Edit: and as for your example ofc fight lengt may change your dps bothways, if a fight gets even shorter then your cd's will be upp for a larger % or the time making your dps rising even faster with gearuppgrades. But as for my own example it can go bothways :P
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.