Thread: iPod Problem

iPod Problem

For some reason when I connected my iPod earlier, iTunes wiped all my music from it. Clicked Sync and then it progressed normally, until it came to the last song. Can't remember what the error says, so I'll reconnect it and try again.

Anyone have any idea of how to solve this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    come out with your hands on your heads, you are surrounded by armed bastards

Re: iPod Problem

Dunno if this is what happened, but it's one possibility:

You can not have iTunes installed on 2 computers with one iPod/iPad/iPhone of any kind and try to sync the device. iTunes does not allow you to copy anything (pictures, music, videos, calendar data) between two computers, and will always wipe the device clean. It's a feature, not a bug. This is part of the reason why you must enter the serial number of your iPod into iTunes when you first plug it in.

There is a workaround for people who for example have iTunes at work and home, and want to sync the device with both, but it requires rather high level of sophistication including hex editing iTunes configuration.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Re: iPod Problem

What you wanna do is plug the ipod in at home or at work, then go to the actual iPod tab and check the box that says manage music manually. This way when you plug the ipod in any other computer, it won't automatically sync.

It's a retarded way by apple cause I guess they think everyone only has 1 computer they might plug the ipod into.