Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anti-bot Crusade

Well, I am patient person, and definitely not the first to be annoyed by bots in BGs, and bots generally. But, with increasing number of bots running all around, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
    I am now reporting EVERY bot I encounter, I get a ticket running right after the previous one is served, I make lists of bots, whom I report when talking with a GM.

Now, a call to arms! Join me and other people already reporting the botters, by working together I am SURE we can cause botters to stop their game-ruining activities. We can make WoW a better place.

If you don't care, imagine yourself losing your job to someone who will do your job faster and cheaper than you, be it a robot or Chinese. Bots are the same as these robots.

P.S I am posting this to open the eyes of some people, if I make 1 person understand and start reporting bots - it was worth posting it. I don't care about your impending trolling and flaming attempts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Re: Anti-bot Crusade

Right click, report them. They go away and they get a auto ban sooner or later.

Of course people should report bots! I always do so, but they are usually hard to see/find, at least the underground miners... seen a few. I think the hardest part is to actually find these bots rather than reporting them.
    (>^^)># This my friend.... Is a Waffle #<(^^<)

Deleted

and how do you recognize a bot anyway? I don't go about seeing someone run by and think: is that person maybe a bot :O?
    then start whispering them and if they don't answer (especialy not to other faction players) that I go about and start reporting them on fansites

Random bullshit stat time.

98.7% of the people responding in this thread couldn't accurately detect a bot if their account counted on it.

Coool eh?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan
    and how do you recognize a bot anyway? I don't go about seeing someone run by and think: is that person maybe a bot :O?
    U do if you're a rogue in stealth trying to sneak past some enemies, while some noob puts himself on /follow on u.. its a bot
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman
    If you don't care, imagine yourself losing your job to someone who will do your job faster and cheaper than you, be it a robot or Chinese.
    made me lol.

bots will always be around imo, but good for you for trying to stop it

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer
    U do if you're a rogue in stealth trying to sneak past some enemies, while some noob puts himself on /follow on u.. its a bot
    Only the worlds shittiest bot would do that, and they deserve to get banned. Real bots don't /follow people, and they actually have combat routines and routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix
    Random bullshit stat time.

98.7% of the people responding in this thread couldn't accurately detect a bot if their account counted on it.

Coool eh?
    This is true. The only way for a person to be able to detect a bot 100% and not be mistaken is if they have ran a bot theirselves previously. If a person is playing the game and not answering you, that doesn't mean that they are botting!

then start whispering them and if they don't answer (especialy not to other faction players) that I go about and start reporting them on fansites

Let's say a guy is a rogue, not using stealth, not attacking anything unless attacked, using the same path all the time in WSG, which ALWAYS leads to the other side GY, that guy is a bot.
    Let's say a guy is a boomkin, just using 2 dots and spamming Wrath, then at a certain % hp he's starting to heal. Might be noob, yes, but if it happens 5 times in a row, that guy is a bot.
    It takes a bit to detect them, but after some time, you just know if the guy is a bot or not.
    You don't even need to try and whisper them, it's that obvious.

Another example: rogue not using stealth, literally bouncing from 1 base to another in EotS, when attacked, he's using FoK once and starts auto attacking only. Repeats until the BG is over. And no, reports don't help here, because they are active, therefore can't be kicked for AFKing.

If you don't care, imagine yourself losing your job to someone who will do your job faster and cheaper than you, be it a robot or Chinese. Bots are the same as these robots.
    "Dey tuk R jobs!"
    Hehe, but totaly agree with you. Whenever I see someone botting in BG's I immediately report them. I was silly enough to try and whisper them at first, rarely I would ever get a reply and most of the time it would either make no sense at all or, after quite some time, I would get something like "F off scrub I was at the bathroom blabla *list of profanity*" (Although this was a leecher but they're just as bad).
    These parasites don't have that much of an influence in certain BG's like AV or IoC, but in AB and particularly in WSG they have a major impact. It can and likely will ruin that game for the other players.

And yes my dear friends, one can easily recognize a bot or a leecher by their foul stench.
    Report them all I say!
    Playing the game for fun and not for e-fame
    www.thefreedictionary.com for those struggling with their english vocabulary, like myself

there used to be a bot on lol-skull i knew about. a draenei DK who farmed the area where you challange the dude for the DK daily quest, killed him every time i met him.

the best way to confirm a bot on the opposite faction is to start a fight with him, he fights like a mob, he's a bot.

Deleted

Let's say a guy is a rogue, not using stealth, not attacking anything unless attacked, using the same path all the time in WSG, which ALWAYS leads to the other side GY, that guy is a bot.
    Let's say a guy is a boomkin, just using 2 dots and spamming Wrath, then at a certain % hp he's starting to heal. Might be noob, yes, but if it happens 5 times in a row, that guy is a bot.
    It takes a bit to detect them, but after some time, you just know if the guy is a bot or not.
    You don't even need to try and whisper them, it's that obvious.
    I've actualy seen some rogues not stealthing and they were actual players (''asking'' me if I could ''You help me lol'')
    and I've also seen boomkins using 2 dots and spamming wrath which were actual players because I was sitting right next to him

but I do get what you mean :P
    to round it up: I for as far I know never encounterd a bot

I've actualy seen some rogues not stealthing and they were actual players (''asking'' me if I could ''You help me lol'')
    and I've also seen boomkins using 2 dots and spamming wrath which were actual players because I was sitting right next to him

but I do get what you mean :P
    to round it up: I for as far I know never encounterd a bot
    Well, these were just examples, what I mean is that bots have some programmed actions, and they repeat it all over again. You won't detect a bot after killing him once, but well, second kill, looking exactly the same as the first one, is enough proof.

10+ Year Old Account

Most of the mining bots I see in WG are speed hacking also. I click them when they land but before I can even remember there name they go vertical so fast they go oor before I can even realise what the hell just happened.

10+ Year Old Account

I say if it's a bot of the opposite faction Free Kill =D! but if I'm doing a EotS or something and I see them in my faction I usually report.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Okay listen.

If you're reporting bots in BGs, you're reporting REALLY BAD bots.

As a fellow botter, I freak out when I see really bad people who dont even bother reading guides to set up their bot properly and just run it.

Like a rogue running around unstealthed. Or a feral druid just running around moonfiring.

By all means, please report them and have them banned 4 EVER so that there's just less risk for my perfectly human-looking bot.

The smart ones are among you all, in your BGs, without you knowing.

Be afraid.

And then sulk because we have 5000k more honor than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowviper
    I say if it's a bot of the opposite faction Free Kill =D! but if I'm doing a EotS or something and I see them in my faction I usually report.
    I myself report all the bots I detect, no matter if it's hordie or ally (I am ally myself). In fact, I have reported more hordies than allies by now. It's just easier to detect the opposite faction botter, since they are red

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Right click, report them. They go away and they get a auto ban sooner or later.
    Reported the same 2 bots for 4 months, before they got banned.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Quote Originally Posted by queenmint
    Okay listen.

If you're reporting bots in BGs, you're reporting REALLY BAD bots.

As a fellow botter, I freak out when I see really bad people who dont even bother reading guides to set up their bot properly and just run it.

Like a rogue running around unstealthed. Or a feral druid just running around moonfiring.

By all means, please report them and have them banned 4 EVER so that there's just less risk for my perfectly human-looking bot.

The smart ones are among you all, in your BGs, without you knowing.

Be afraid.

And then sulk because we have 5000k more honor than you.
    Oh, as soon as you get reported by someone suspecting you, which is totally possible, GM will check your activities, and then, when he finds you playing BGs 12 hours straight day by day, what do you think he will do? Yeah, you guessed right.

And a word from me, go die in a fire. Won't waste more time typing to you.