Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This is why we can't have nice addons in the general WoW population :(

GearScore.. Considered the bane of Pug raids. You can have the genuine good players, be let down because of a lack of luck on items, yet still perform way above their gear standards would imply. and you can have the really bad look awsome in the eyes of GS simply because they got lucky/PvP'ed for the easy honor 264 items etc.

Today in a random heroic i ran into this - (apologies in advance. i don't think i was too harsh on him, although i probably could have been nicer. i don't think it would have made much difference.)

EDIT - oh yes. and the run in question is Halls of Reflection

To Clarify a few points in the post though.

The second picture, the mage picks up on the fact i am not wearing tank gear (see below) - and my reply. i don't even know what my GS is. but i couldn't help but reply with that remark - i am highlighting that fact here, so that it is not confused as hypocritical.

No i don't tank heroics in tanking gear. any of it. fullstop... infact i don't even own any tanking items anymore, bar a weapon, and i don't even use that. I generally find i don't need it. i usually run heroics with a friend and we swap roles - if I am tanking she heals or dps's and same vise versa

Normally if I am pugging on my own. i will bow out of HoR apologizing for wasting their time. simply because i don't want to put healers i don't know into the position of being responsible for keeping me alive. they don't know me to trust in my tanking, and i don't know them to trust their healing. so to save any arguments or problems i tend to avoid those situations.

As for GS the addon itself. Yes its a good addon, when used properly. Using it to judge how good a player is, is not using it properly. i have never used it, but i have read and heard enough about it to understand its purpose without needing to own it. it can weed out players VERY under-geared for raids. which i could see as useful. but just because it shows that special person with a high score does not mean you can move on. you still need to be sure they are geared properly and not doing the latest craze of boosting their GS with pvp items (of course their ARE items from pvp that are simply too good to a class to be ignored) - however 5/5 relentless is PROBABLY not an optimal gear-set for a raid.

Anywho - sorry for rambling on.

but i would like to hear your opinions on how YOU think GearScore should be used. if at all.

Hel

15+ Year Old Account

Re: This is why we can't have nice addons in the general WoW population :(

I'd like Gearscore to go away, so then these threads go with them.

That is all.

btw - im not sure on the rules. do i need to blank out those names? ;o

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Helansin
    btw - im not sure on the rules. do i need to blank out those names? ;o
    Yes. Otherwise, it qualifies as "Naming & Shaming".

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac

That is all.
    If it wasnt a thread on this addon. you could be pretty sure it would be one on another doing something similar

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Yes. Otherwise, it qualifies as "Naming & Shaming".
    bugger... ok pulling them off for a few mins then to blank out the names

15+ Year Old Account

Another gearscore thread?

WE DO NOT CARE, PLEASE GO AWAY.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

15+ Year Old Account

If it wasnt a thread on this addon. you could be pretty sure it would be one on another doing something similar
    So, instead of bettering the community (we have dozens of these, they've been discussed to death) by not making the thread, you make one anyways.

Okay. You seem like a team player.

Deleted

GS is shit.
    End of story.

Yes, theres a "good way of using it", but seriously, NOONE sees that part of the coin.
    Go get Elitist Group instead, much much better since it will actually tell you if the other person sucks at gemming/enchanting/gearing (as in, wrong gems, enchants or "wrong" gear).

gearscore threads make me sad
    and the 2 pics are the same...

10+ Year Old Account

GS was ruined by stupid people.
    /thread
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted

Posted the same pic twice.

Deleted

Funny this popping up tonight. I was having a good old rage earlier in Trade.

I'm trying to level my mage and its a MAJOR PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS thanks to gearscore. I can't get into any raids etc. Even the lower ones. I've got full T9 and I can't even get into a TOC because apparently I need to have 4.5k or some balls like that.

That mage is bad

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    Funny this popping up tonight. I was having a good old rage earlier in Trade.

I'm trying to level my mage and its a MAJOR PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS thanks to gearscore. I can't get into any raids etc. Even the lower ones. I've got full T9 and I can't even get into a TOC because apparently I need to have 4.5k or some balls like that.
    If ur in full t9 with 219-232ilvl off-pieces your GS should be over 4.5k

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac

That is all.
    QFT

sorry about the double posting of the same pic fixed now and blanked out name so im not breaking rules

Deleted

i have broken 2 laptop keyboards so far from GS madness. one time after i made an innocent comment in trade about someone who asked a 5.5K GS for OS103D just a moment ago, the other because i was kicked for using a stam trinket with a low GS (black heart) over a dodge trinket with a high GS (ick's thumb) for ICC10.

Seems like you were the dick in that situation.

You can have the really bad look awsome in the eyes of GS simply because they got lucky/PvP'ed for the easy honor 264 items etc.
    Indeed, I want Blizzard to make a addon that shows who can actually play and those who cannot.