Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

lol @ all the people bitching about mobile AH. it's optional. you still get the exact same game for the exact same price as you did 6 months ago. mobile AH gives no real in-game advantage to those who choose to be able to spend $3 a month buying their flasks from work, just like the algalonpony gives the buyer no in-game advantage. the things blizzard sells are cosmetic, or just for fun convenience, and don't at all change the game for those who don't opt to buy it. stop fucking whining. it's not that serious.

@all the people saying that next they'll be selling gear, where is your source? oh, you don't have one? stop talking through your ass. the sky isn't falling.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by steale
    the sky isn't falling.
    where is your source? oh, you don't have one? stop talking through your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Haseo
    No need for flames here Clerice chill a bit.

I don't like the pressure WoW is adding to the customer base. I mean by that they are ruining the general mood of the game by introducing mercantile attempts here and there.

It's like taking a nice walk in a private park (entry fee) versus having a nice walk in that park with an employee following you everywhere and trying to sell you shit every hour.

I think you might get the point. You clearly see the aim of making money off of you, it's not subtle in any way, and that is what grosses me out.
    I see how you are perceiving it and I can appreciate that. However, I would like to contrast your comparison (a walk through a private park with an entry fee) to something I myself am very familiar with: amusement parks, movie theaters, and sports venues (arenas, stadiums, golf courses, etc). All of these should probably just be grouped as "entertainment venues". Now, all of these venues have admission fees, golf courses have memberships, and they all have season passes.

Now, every last one of those mentioned do the same thing: once you are through the doors, there are concession stands, refreshment carts, souvenir shops, etc, and all of them are charging substantially more than what you would pay for their product out in the rest of the world. The last time I took my fiancée to the movie theater, it cost me something in the vicinity of $30 for our tickets and at least that for 2 popcorn and drinks. A more terrible example is I can remember needing water to take some Advil at a theater in Northern Ontario and their fountain was broken...meaning I had to pay $5 for a 591ml bottle from a machine.

What I'm trying to say is that it's the way of entertainment venues, virtual or physical, to charge you to get in and then offer as much as they possibly can to boost their profits, and really...who can blame them? At least they aren't trying to charge for Battle.net, even though technically they are in their rights to do so (please don't charge for bnet lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Pretty sure I would call this an ingame advantage being sold.
    Cant see how this is an advantage at all.. . Lets see.... you have to enter your login details for every sale, can only do 200 sales a day etc...... Yup... so much better than being in game and not having either of those limitations.

The only benefit of this is that you can use the AH when you cant get into wow. However with the limitations they have put on it - it cant really be used for people "playing the AH" effectively, so doesnt give them an advantage.

Personally I cant really see much use for it, the limitations prevent its wide use, and the cost prevents most casual use. I dont expect its something that MANY people will use, but I really cant see any harm in it either.

It does offer something more than just the ability to use the auction without being in-game. It allows you to sell items from your bags, BANK, and MAILBOX.

Being able to sell from the Bank and Mailbox makes this worth it all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spleenzorio
    That's because Androids are on all carriers in the USA and iPhone is exclusive to just AT&T. The only market share that Android is 'bigger' than iPhone is in the states I'm pretty sure, and they JUST started beating them in sales because most people are waiting for the summer to upgrade to the iPhone 4G.
    You forget to add the iphone has been out for about 2 years before the Android OS/phones...

On topic: why not make the App for both app stores.. then again that could likey be in their plans
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    Source?

Still, logging in/out is a matter of seconds.

Essentially subscribers get an AH in e.g. Dalaran. Now tell me this is not an ingame advantage. The very same ingame advantage that Blizzard claimed would never be buyable through real life currency.

What's next? A "vanity" pet for $35, that let's you access the vendor/bank/mail/AH?
    Most people have alts (not all I know, but most, and those that dont CAN)..... You dont need this to be able to log out and use the AH from somewhere else... just lot out and log in an alt - use the AH - post it to your raiding member - relog - use a MOLE (or something like) - get your item etc. Not really any more difficult than using this remote AH. So it doesnt really give you an advantage.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa
    Next is the buying of gear
    Google "slippery slope fallacy" and stop posting crap like this.

That said, I feel sorry for anyone that feels the need to have to use this feature. People seriously have nothing better to do during the day when they can't be in game, to make sure your in game auctions are selling?

2.99 is nothing, but even so, what a pointless feature.

GREAT!!! Now Gold Farmers can play the AH without even getting into the game!!!!
    My god you people are thick.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

There are so many other important things Blizz could have been working on.

Incoming AH web bots that Blizzard will have zero methods in detecting.

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    Source?

What's next? A "vanity" pet for $35, that let's you access the vendor/bank/mail/AH?
    I would buy this..hopefully blizz don't see this and add it lol

This work of art was made by Paz.

mobile AH? get a life!

its the new Ebay......

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridith
    Incoming AH web bots that Blizzard will have zero methods in detecting.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Like anything else in the game, Blizzard has ways of finding, rooting out and punishing people who exploit an aspect of the game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by exitas
    There are so many other important things Blizz could have been working on.
    This is what Blizzard does while we're all on the edge of our seats for Catagasm. :/

It's a shameless way of milking money. But way more disgusting than Blizzard's growing greediness is the fact that oh so many people will smile blissfully as their money is taken from them.

It's simply a one time effort on Blizzard's part. Once they have the new mobile AH system up and running, they won't have to spend anything else on it and the subscribers will continue getting charged on a monthly basis for infinity. And 3$/month? Wtf? It's roughly 1/4 of what we pay for access to the actual game, does anyone honestly think that mobileAH=1/4WoW?

If Blizzard had to charge for access to the mobile AH (which they hadn't, we already pay them 13 a month), it should be a one time fee, and no larger than 1$.

With the celestial steed thousands of people gladly payed thousands of times more than what the mount was actually worth. Blizzard has long learned a valuable lesson about profit: make small insignificant additions to the game, charge exorbitant values for them, and thousands of suckers will buy them.

(they must have so much regrets about not having attached a fee to the wow armory at the time of it's release)

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Like anything else in the game, Blizzard has ways of finding, rooting out and punishing people who exploit an aspect of the game.
    The mobile auction house isn't an aspect of the game. And unless they plan on somehow injecting warden onto your PC while using the web version of the mobile AH, there's not much they can do to detect bot scripts, because they run client side. It's also extremely easy to write a bot script if you have web development experience. It's not uncommon for a web developer to write a bot script to test the different scenarios of functionality on their sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    god dammit, I need an iphone now ...

Droid > iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    if you think this then youre obviously not playing wow

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia
    So imagine u have a flatrate for all baseballgames on ur PayTV.

And then hey the top game on every weekend costs now extra cash.
    What are you talking about? Think about if you had a subscription for a sport on your TV and you had the option of getting the same sport but in high definition, you would have to pay another fee to upgrade, you don't get it for free just because you pay for the normal version. Watching it in normal quality is totally fine so there is no problem because the high definition is optional and your own personal preference.

If you think £9 a month is justifiable for getting everything and anything Blizzard create for WoW then you're living in a dream world.