Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

Quote Originally Posted by Sylari

Park an alt in Darnassus or Orgrimmar or UC, you just overcame their "in game advantage" .. For free.
    Sending the mats to an alt costs ingame money! 8)

But ppl like u will always find a way why something is not an ingame advantage...
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kholeric
    This might be a game and while you are quite right in what you are saying, there comes a point where the addicted and the outright stupid end up becoming victims. "Victim" might sound like a strong word to describe someone who buys something willingly, but Blizzard do prey on the stupid, those who pay for a plethora of micro-sales like the race change and the faction change, or the celestial steed and in-game pets. And now, not only do the stupid people - those who think that they actually need this app - get milked for a little more, but now those who are addicted will even have WoW in their lives during the brief periods when they find the urge to peel themselves from their seats. Blizzard knows what will sell, but they ought to also know what they should sell. There is a loading screen tip that says: Enjoy all things in moderation, even World of Warcraft. It might be hard to even attempt to feel any sort of sympathy for the people who buy this, but this is exploitation, plain and simple.
    Who are you to tell people what to do with the money they have earned?

This big bad Blizzard shit needs to stop, it's embarrassing. I'm willing to bet that the majority of these people who show up in every newspost about Blizzard selling an add-on still pay for their account every month.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Montego
    I'm willing to bet that the majority of these people who show up in every newspost about Blizzard selling an add-on still pay for their account every month.
    So as a customer i have no right to complain?

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia
    About what? Something you're not being forced to pay for?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    About what? Something you're not being forced to pay for?
    About the fact that activision-blizzard spends more and more time with making micropayment content that costs extra cash, then content for the real game.

But why i should wonder, TRH the best money maker from Activision Blizzard after wow.

Yes an ingame Item from a store makes more profit then all the other games (besides wow) from such a big publisher.
    What a shame

I will not be using this app i will not throw my money at these people they take $15 a month already as it is.
    I will not be buying ANY pets/mounts/armor or w/e the hell they decide to sell why not put T11 up for $99 or 3 easy payments of $49.99?
    I'm glad in a month i get my purple drake and by then i hope to have finished my skeletal drake achievs 10man at least and i will quit and perhaps consider coming back in CATA but the way it seems i will not even consider this game at that point.
    I have been playing since Nov 04' but at this point its just corporate greed and nothing more and i DO NOT LIKE IT!
    I wont bash anyone who does like it and has the money to throw away but i will not partake.
    My1cent. 8)

10+ Year Old Account

I really don't like the mobile armory feature. Really, really don't. I've always liked the new changes and features that Blizzard has implemented over the years (except nerfing Rets into the ground, heh), but this is one I am really going to hate. As it is, I already have to deal with people camping the auction house 20 hours a day, constantly undercutting by a mere silver or whatever. Now, I guess they won't even have to be online to undercut me! The only positive thing I can think of is that they won't be able to use QuickAuctions to do it!

Some people just don't get it.

If you're unhappy and try to complain, someone will say, "If you're that mad, just quit!".

If you quit and then try to complain, you won't be able to do that either, as someone will inevitably say, "You don't even play the game anymore, WHY DO YOU CARE???"

As a paying customer, you are entitled to an opinion.

Deleted

You're not complaining about the subscription you're paying for, are you? You're complaining about a service that's not forced upon you or affects you in any way just because you can't get it for free because apparently £9 a month is sufficient to see that you get everything Blizzard creates for this game.

because... it's not an in-game advantage? lol

it's a VERY far cry to go from "hey, now you can manage some of your AH shit via your phone or web browser while not at your desk at home, kinda like you can from a laptop" to "hai guyz u can buy all ur lewtz on r store 4 rl moniez", and to the people facepalming, qqing, and rolling their eyes saying "gg blizz ur milking all r moniez", you're being retarded. the app is a cute, remotely convenient little distraction from work or while we're doing something away from our addiction, nothing more. if you don't want it, don't buy it, and your gameplay will in no way be affected. at all. continue to pay your monthly subscription, and you'll continue to get the exact same thing you pay for.
    personally, i think it's fuckin cool that they're implementing small ways to do menial shit without having to be at home to do it. am i going to pay $3 a month to sell my gems and buy my flasks from work as opposed to waiting til i get home? no, probably not. but the fact that other people can and will isn't affecting me in any positive or negative way.

15+ Year Old Account

You're not complaining about the subscription you're paying for, are you? You're complaining about a service that's not forced upon you or affects you in any way just because you can't get it for free because apparently £9 a month is sufficient to see that you get everything Blizzard creates for this game.
    Im complaining about that blizzard make more and more micropayment things and less for the real game.

I would pay 2-3 bucks a month more if then all extra things are for free for the customers and some more content would be made

Deleted

Who are you to tell people what to do with the money they have earned?

This big bad Blizzard shit needs to stop, it's embarrassing. I'm willing to bet that the majority of these people who show up in every newspost about Blizzard selling an add-on still pay for their account every month.
    I never once told anyone what to do with their money, nor do I believe every individual who buys store content or paid services is stupid (in a reply to another post) - obviously these are fun purchases - if you buy them all though it is my opinion that you have more money than sense, but that is my opinion - I'm not telling anybody to do anything. Why should I be belittled for my opinions, I accept everybody elses. Flaming me so you can sit of the fence is what's embarassing. Having an "oh well, shit happens and it's none of my concern" attitude is embarrasing. Don't you have any thoughts of your own? I'm not saying Blizzard aren't an excellent service provider, nor am I saying people should not play WoW. All of the other micro sales Blizzard have made have been merely cosmetic, I believe this one tips the balance from the unnecessary into the exploitive. Just remember that some people see things and don't think, some people are addicted. These were the people I was thinking of when I made my post. Don't decry me and others opposing this addon simply for thinking beyond the "Blizzard can do what they want with their product" midset, they also have responsibilities.

Deleted

About the fact that activision-blizzard spends more and more time with making micropayment content that costs extra cash, then content for the real game.
    Yes, clearly the mountains of apps, pets and mounts stopped them from releasing two expansions with a third in the pipeline. :

It's a mobile phone app for fuck sake not some sort of planet shifting device. Although, the way some people go on you would think it was.

So it's purely coincidence that vanilla WoW wasn't launched with any pay-to-____ features? It's a slippery slope fallacy to say that this will lead to buying gear and levels with real money, but the seed has been planted. Blizzard said no PVE -> PVP transfers, then implemented them. No race changes, then implemented them. No faction changes, then implemented them. No Horde/Alliance on same PVP server, then allowed it. They've proven that nothing is set in stone. Depending on customer wants (and some $$$), anything is possible.

As far as cash for items, it started with tickets to Blizzcon. Buy a ticket, get an in-game reward. Cosmetic, of course. Then it was plush toys with bonus in-game pets and "charity" pets on the Blizzard Store. Then it was purely digital items (mount and pet). Now it's an exclusive service.

Watching the progression, it's not hard to imagine a WoW with both a cash shop and a monthly subscription. We're already on our way.

Brock2525

But why i should wonder, TRH the best money maker from Activision Blizzard after wow.

Yes an ingame Item from a store makes more profit then all the other games (besides wow) from such a big publisher.
    What a shame
    You have no proof developing this system took dev time away from the actual game. There was more database work in this than anything else and I doubt they're needed to develop content for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kholeric
    I never once told anyone what to do with their money, nor do I believe every individual who buys store content or paid services is stupid (in a reply to another post) - obviously these are fun purchases - if you buy them all though it is my opinion that you have more money than sense, but that is my opinion - I'm not telling anybody to do anything. Why should I be belittled for my opinions, I accept everybody elses. Flaming me so you can sit of the fence is what's embarassing. Having an "oh well, shit happens and it's none of my concern" attitude is embarrasing. Don't you have any thoughts of your own? I'm not saying Blizzard aren't an excellent service provider, nor am I saying people should not play WoW. All of the other micro sales Blizzard have made have been merely cosmetic, I believe this one tips the balance from the unnecessary into the exploitive. Just remember that some people see things and don't think, some people are addicted. These were the people I was thinking of when I made my post. Don't decry me and others opposing this addon simply for thinking beyond the "Blizzard can do what they want with their product" midset, they also have responsibilities.
    ^This.

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by potaco
    So it's purely coincidence that vanilla WoW wasn't launched with any pay-to-____ features? It's a slippery slope fallacy to say that this will lead to buying gear and levels with real money, but the seed has been planted. Blizzard said no PVE -> PVP transfers, then implemented them. No race changes, then implemented them. No faction changes, then implemented them. No Horde/Alliance on same PVP server, then allowed it. They've proven that nothing is set in stone. Depending on customer wants (and some $$$), anything is possible.

As far as cash for items, it started with tickets to Blizzcon. Buy a ticket, get an in-game reward. Cosmetic, of course. Then it was plush toys with bonus in-game pets and "charity" pets on the Blizzard Store. Then it was purely digital items (mount and pet). Now it's an exclusive service.

Watching the progression, it's not hard to imagine a WoW with both a cash shop and a monthly subscription. We're already on our way.
    They never said they'd never allow race/faction changes, character recustomization, PvE to PvP transfers or paid server transfers. They ALWAYS said "we have no plans" for them.

You have no proof developing this system took dev time away from the actual game. There was more database work in this than anything else and I doubt they're needed to develop content for the game.
    The point cannot be realistically argued. Neither of you have proof that ONLY money from X was/wasn't spent on Y.

Saying "I doubt" is not a convincing way to win an argument.

They never said they'd never allow race/faction changes, character recustomization, PvE to PvP transfers or paid server transfers. They ALWAYS said "we have no plans" for them.
    lol

No plans, yet here they are. They have no plans for gear/levels/characters for $$$ either. The people worth really listening to aren't the ones saying it WILL or WON'T happen, but the ones who realize that business models change and are simply afraid of what it means for the game.

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by potaco
    The point cannot be realistically argued. Neither of you have proof that ONLY money from X was/wasn't spent on Y.

Saying "I doubt" is not a convincing way to win an argument.
    Thinking Blizzard had to take time and people away from developing raids and quests and zones and models and weapons and storyline to develop what largely amounts to direct database access to the AH, bags, mail and bank systems is pointedly retarded.

So yeah, my argument that a couple database programmers and a web design guy who aren't needed for content development spent a few months developing this application makes a lot more sense than the opposing argument.