Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

GG Activision, corrupting Blizzard one day at a time.

Anyway, I can't see this feature being much of an issue as others have said it will only be the stupid people who pay for this service and 200 auctions a day is nothing to the real people that play the auction house.

Although I can't see this causing a negative effect directly to the game itself it really is showing what direction Blizzard are taking with their games and it is startig to disgust me.

Do you really want to see what their next MMO or even Diablo 3 will have as "Premium Features"? I sure as hell don't. I can just see them doing what SoE did and start selling gear and gold directly to the players.

Everyone who is going to do /facepalm to this post can blow me. I am an MMO veteran and have seen this slippery slope soooo many times before. Blizzard may have been different 5 years a go but they are just like every other Activision Purchase now and are chasing the golden goose.

In 10 years time... I don't even want to think about what computer games will be like then. It will be a horrendous mash up of Madden/Fifa-style franchise games that hardly change every year and will charge you premium rates to use the most basic features.

Good going Blizzard.

Booo iPhone sucks, why they cant make this for omnia i8000 or other WM phones too? :

they just put new PTR BUILD 12045 19MB

Wow, another way for Blizzard to make more money.

T.T
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Deleted

To the people moaning about Blizzard and their 'money scams', you realise that you are funding these projects by paying your WoW sub every month?

If you don't like the way big bad Blizzard work then why are you constantly giving them money?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada
    Me at a Meeting: "So as you can see, this quarter's-"

My phone bleeps. I frantically grab my iphone and start pushing buttons.

My Boss: Buddy, you better put that phone down and-

I hold up my hand and "shush" the mutha fucka.

Me at a Meeting: "One second I - OH HORSE$%#@! %&#@ING @##HOLE UNDERCUT MY %$@# YOU PIECE OF CRAP @##HOLE %$@#!"

I look up and see the boardroom filled with shocked faces. One man has had a heart attack.

My Boss: You're fired.

I am fired.
    Made me smile.

WTB WG timer & who controls in website

Just as a little point, I've noticed a lot of people talking scripting etc on the web/mobile AH. Although a Auctioneer-esque script could be made (since reading is free), and quite useful (exports to excel etc anyone?), actual automated buying/selling wouldn't be possible as the Authenticator is required.

I'd like to see some tools for getting some auction house data out (hoping WOWr gets an update soon!), but I suspect getting the paid for service would be a bit pointless for me!

Jeb

Why not make a mobile social window and chat before this crap..

Blizzard must be inspired from fun servers.
    They are started to sell unique pets then gears will come.Then ? i checked some fun servers they come with new idea : Custom Gear & Weapon
    You can choose stats and stats have price .like ? 50point resistant 1$ , 50agi 1$ , meta socket 10$,red $5 etc.
    Im sure we will see that.

Deleted

It's great, and I love it but you'l never see me paying for it !

I just got here, how much "All Blizzard cares about is money"-talk is going on already?

10+ Year Old Account

I was willing to pay 25$ for a mount,but I can't see myself ever paying for this.

Yes I am perfectly aware of the irony.

so much for the they will just sell some uninteresting pets for real life cash. by now most people should have realized where the train is headed but i don´t think they will ever get it. maybe if the retard michael moore makes a documentation about it
    Who needs gameplay when you have ACHIEVEMENTS? Don't worry about beating levels, finding ways to kill enemies, or beating the final boss... there are none. Focus solely on your ultimate destiny... doing random tasks that have nothing to do with anything. Metagame yourself with ease! Self-satisfaction never felt so... artificial!

am i the only one thinking WoW is fast turning into a free to play game with micro-transactions yet still getting away with charging for a monthly fee.
    Stormsfury - Retadin

Utterly terrible iPhone app UI, doesn't pay attention to even some of the most basic UI functions. I'm really disappointed Blizzard.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

This will be AH camping to the extreme lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    If someone at work said how was your day, tell them "I killed a god damn DRAGON! How was your day? Not as cool as killing a DRAGON I bet!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    Rule #40: Under no circumstances look a resto druid in the eyes. They are easily scared away and may not ever come back.

Quote Originally Posted by stereoprologic
    I just got here, how much "All Blizzard cares about is money"-talk is going on already?
    That is not the point people are trying to make.

It's the fact that the direction the business of consumer gaming is taking as a whole.

I refer back to my Madden/Fifa-style franchise arguement where every year a whole new game is released at full RRP that has no new features. In the future, all games will be like his including MMOs except that each year you will need to pay an additional premium subscription just to use he same features that were free the year before.

Gaming is no longer about gaming. Activision made sure of that when they bought every franchise in sight.

I'm kinda worried. On the iPhone you can log into the WoW application with just email and password. They don't ask for your authenticator code. So basically what's to stop the gold hackers from using the iPhone app to enter your account and use all your gold on some crap they post with their own character and thereby stealing all your gold ???

First of april already? oO Already been that long?