Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

I'm won't use it only because I want to keep my account safe, I dont want the hacker to log into my account via this application and sell a stack of water to him for 20 000g.

Unless they add Authentificator login?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilas
    stupid. Tempting people to pay for things they do not need...
    WoW is bad enough...pets...mount...now this? : /
    Makes me
    I agree my friend.

Won't take the payed version for my iPhone, the non-payed version could be a cool way to check the economy of other servers already.

"Scars remind us where we've been. They don't need to dictate our future."

wtb iBot app - farming for me

Quote Originally Posted by Montego
    What?

I can't speak for Madden but I've bought FIFA the past few years and there's been a massive improvement in gameplay. It might look the same to most people but anyone who has played the game will notice changes, it's definitely not just a new skin every year.
    Congratulations.

You are a bitch to the system and are a reason EA continue to push out mediocre games every year.

ROFL, new Wow feature with price. ty ill pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel
    Did anyone else hear that? It sounded like thousands of Chinese gold sellers screaming out in joy :'(
    This. I was okay with vanity pets, but I am starting to think they will not stop at the mobile AH. Soon there will be more and more "premium-based-services" to generate even more revenue.

The shareholders are hungry. I guess it's feeding time...

/sigh
    This space is available for rent!

Looks cool but pretty pointless , for me anyway it would only load fast enough connected to my network and not 3G.

I also wouldn't pay 2.99 a month for it, but the idea and the features are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxima
    Won't take the payed version for my iPhone, the non-payed version could be a cool way to check the economy of other servers already.
    When the beta test is over, it will cost $2,99/month to buy and sell from the Auction House remotely.
    If I read this right, there will be no "non-payed version".
    This space is available for rent!

Hmm, paying to have more gold trough the auction house... This is what it is in my opinion. I don't like it nevertheless it states that Blizzard is a company that wants to make profit and nothing else and i can't tell them not to do so.
    Ctrl + Alt + Delete... Oh yeah, that's the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    This. I was okay with vanity pets, but I am starting to think they will not stop at the mobile AH. Soon there will be more and more "premium-based-services" to generate even more revenue.

The shareholders are hungry. I guess it's feeding time...

/sigh
    Agree, as game life cycle will be near to end, more and more feature will be usable by some "small" amount of fee.
    Blizzard have great strategy for that, give slowly new feature and in small quantity through years with fee, this way ppl will less react on "micro paying" sistem.

Here's my real beef:

Blizzard's mentality at the launch of Warcraft III was "Feed your inner-Geek".

Seems they're the ones doing the feeding these days.

NOMNOMNOM ON YOUR DOLLARS.

10+ Year Old Account

I hope a bug happens so you can buy every auction you want without losing gold ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgone
    I hope a bug happens so you can buy every auction you want without losing gold ^^
    I hope a bug happens where the people that use it get hacked.

That would make my day.

Either that, or something similar to Warhammer Online where they get overcharged by a fuck-ton.

CE Cataclysm should come with an Iphone now.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    If I read this right, there will be no "non-payed version".
    http://www.wowarmory.com/wow-remote.xml

according to the list of features it seems to be.

otherwise i see no point doing the list.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

This should be interesting if it's abused. A single person could bring a server to its knees.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

How does selling tools that can be used to more efficiently earn gold in game not translate to the selling of in-game advantages for money?

10+ Year Old Account

Charging for vanity mounts, pets etc didn't bother me at all given that they are special items, but this just doesn't sit well with me at all. I would never use this and I don't know anyone that will, but the idea of them charging even a measly $2.99 for something like this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I really believe we are only a short time away from Blizzard actually selling gold, gear, and power leveling types of services. I never thought it would go this way, but this just seems to be foretelling.

Deleted

Just updated my armory app on my phone. A new Auction house button has appeared as expected but is greyed out as my server is not part of the Beta test.

I assume it'll just remain greyed out unless I activate it on my account in the future. Otherwise the rest of the app still works the same, calendar, guild members, character etc.