Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

I...I really don't see why people would pay for those perks, do these people can't stand to log into the game? I know it can somewhat be useful to see auctions from a computer without WoW (or too weak to play WoW) but to a point of feeling like paying so you can manage your auctions from the web browser? I just don't see the point....the AH isnt that serious business to reach such a point of demand.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

I wonder several things:

* How is Blizzard gonna prevent some serious dominating of the server economy.
    * How many people are gonna loose their jobs over this due "playing the AH" while in class / work.

This is a whole different league then non-combat pets and shit. You can actually get an advantage over other players with this.

(like AH-Bots whern't bad enough, now we have people manually scooping the AH 24/7)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

It's $2.99
    You're writing in american english, your european-ness is showing

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Source? Last I checked, 9+ million subscribers isn't "in decline".
    That's 2mil less then they had last year.

Yea in a few months (maybe a year or so) I bet Blizzard will release a chat application for Battle.net including WoW chat... Gold spamming? There's an app for that!
    Seriously why charge 3 $ a month for this thing? Isn't the price that carriers ask for mobile internet enough ?!
    Make it a one time purchase per account or something... :

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

yet another in-game-feature for money.

and easier gold-making (which on it's own is far to much) is not the worst part. let's assume you are in a raid, you are out of flasks or you or anyone else in the group needs something. you get on you i-phone buy whatever is needed, summon your argent gruntling there you go. your raid does not have to wait or anything.

or another one: your are farming stuff in one of the old instances or are farming stuff at a remote place. your inventory is full... what do you do? put everything on the AH.

the only thing that pleases me is that everyone will have an easy time killing players that are /i-phone to sell their goods.

the other problem with these paid features is that it takes away work-force from the features we pay our 11$-14$ per month.

it has not been long ago that blizzard got asked about if there would be other class/trade-skill specific mounts, answer:
    we would love to add stuff like that, but new mounts need time programming and we fear that we would have to dismiss a new creature-model if we would do more mounts or pets.
    so if you are wondering where the new dances in Wrath, or archeology, the path of the titans and the guild lvling system never made it into the game:
    programming time was used on more "important" features like the mobile-ah, lil'XT, or other pets and mounts or features you will have to pay for in the feature.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

I have an iphone but this ap is just rediculas.. I like wow yes i have been playin it since the begining, but seriously if ur that obsessed u need to sit at work or where ever u might be bidding and posting auctions on a video game u really need to re-think ur life to be honest.. And on top of that it actually costs u to do so!!
    Just shows really that they will do anything to grab our money and the sad thing is that 80% of ppl will actually buy this...

Quote Originally Posted by rockadin
    * How is Blizzard gonna prevent some serious dominating of the server economy.
    By limiting transactions per day. You can only complete 200 transactions every day. This includes buying and posting auctions. So no, you won't really be able to "dominate the economy" on only 200 transactions per day. And besides, what's stopping someone from doing it normally in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by wabun
    let's assume you are in a raid, you are out of flasks or you or anyone else in the group needs something. you get on you i-phone buy whatever is needed, summon your argent gruntling there you go. your raid does not have to wait or anything.
    You can't be online in WoW and on Mobile AH at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Keno83
    That's 2mil less then they had last year.
    9Mil + =/= 9Mil. I put the plus sign there for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account

lol.... just lol
    ....................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by wabun
    yet another in-game-feature for money.

and easier gold-making (which on it's own is far to much) is not the worst part. let's assume you are in a raid, you are out of flasks or you or anyone else in the group needs something. you get on you i-phone buy whatever is needed, summon your argent gruntling there you go. your raid does not have to wait or anything.

or another one: your are farming stuff in one of the old instances or are farming stuff at a remote place. your inventory is full... what do you do? put everything on the AH.

the only thing that pleases me is that everyone will have an easy time killing players that are /i-phone to sell their goods.

the other problem with these paid features is that it takes away work-force from the features we pay our 11$-14$ per month.

it has not been long ago that blizzard got asked about if there would be other class/trade-skill specific mounts, answer:
    we would love to add stuff like that, but new mounts need time programming and we fear that we would have to dismiss a new creature-model if we would do more mounts or pets.
    so if you are wondering where the new dances in Wrath, or archeology, the path of the titans and the guild lvling system never made it into the game:
    programming time was used on more "important" features like the mobile-ah, lil'XT, or other pets and mounts or features you will have to pay for in the feature.
    Well said,too bad some refuse to see it.

It definitely looks like activision being in charge is starting to have quite the impact. It is not the fact that they are charging money for stuff that is upsetting to me. I could care less about that seing as I know I wont buy it so it doesn't matter to me.

The part that bothers me is just the fact that it is starting to look like they are putting more and more of their resources into creating new ways to get money out of people instead of just making the game better.

Activision is the worst company in all of gaming and needs to die.

"Exploit them!!! Exploit them ALL!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa
    Next is the buying of gear
    Oh shut up. How have you made it this far in life if you make such connections?

Brock2525

How are people nerd raging about this?

Oh I know, they have severely limited higher brain function.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrllsbear
    I will laugh an post like this when gear does go up for sale.
    It's painfully obvious that buying pretty much anything in the game will happen, thank God I'll be long gone before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD
    "Exploit them!!! Exploit them ALL!!!"
    Agreed! ;] Also i know blizzard is company for making money blabla but they already make like 150 mln per month so in my opinion selling horses and this shit /sigh Too much of a good thing will kill you as they say

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    You can't be online in WoW and on Mobile AH at the same time.
    Source?

Still, logging in/out is a matter of seconds.

Essentially subscribers get an AH in e.g. Dalaran. Now tell me this is not an ingame advantage. The very same ingame advantage that Blizzard claimed would never be buyable through real life currency.

What's next? A "vanity" pet for $35, that let's you access the vendor/bank/mail/AH?
    This space is available for rent!

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...wscreen_05.jpg

I sure want those bracers of swift death for 12g
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Useless for the players but a good way to earn some extra money (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrllsbear
    Same thing was said about vanity pets and mounts.
    Same thing was said about remote AH
    Same thing was said about this and that.

The biggest concerns for me isn't even the money it costs, but more that the AH is bound to be controlled even more now.