Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    And this doesn't give anyone an advantage in-game.
    Sure it doesn't.

Auction House Player: Earns his 2,000,000th gold doing micro-transactions over his iPhone.

Me: Can't sell my herbs for more than a loss because of the vicious undercutting.

Nah. No advantage at all.

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia
    Yeah, what next, Father Christmas is real?

In a Pay to Play MMO no Content or such things should cost extra Money.
    It's not right.
    Then stop playing if it offends your morals.

I don't see the point of this at all .... what possible use could it be to browse the ah while not being in the ah ? If it was free maybe, but you have to be pretty insane to actually pay for something you can do for free.. especially as it probably works slower then ingame and if your in a location you can't play wow to check on ur auctions, then enjoy not being at home for once...

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsyte
    Sure it doesn't.

Auction House Player: Earns his 2,000,000th gold doing micro-transactions over his iPhone.

Me: Can't sell my herbs for more than a loss because of the vicious undercutting.

Nah. No advantage at all.
    So people that were already undercutting you in-game can now do it from their phone?

ZOMG, the horror.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    They saw they could make money off of stuff that should have been free, its really as simple as that.
    Why SHOULD it be free? Why should a multinational, multi billion dollar company make something that they can sell... Free? Don't think their shareholders would like it tbh. Blizzard never make things for free, its pretty much against the ethos of being a commercial entity. Yes, you didnt pay extra for patch 3.2, 3.3 etc etc - and some other things.... But you paid as part of your subscription. So why shouldnt this be incorporated into your subscription too? Because its an extra. You dont need it to play the game. Its a service that some people have asked for (and I remember reading somewhere a while ago people saying "yeah I would pay for that") and Blizzard have delivered it and are going to sell it. Thats what companies do.

I think people should learn that Blizzard may MAKE games.... but they arent PLAYING a game. They are making money - thats what they exist for. I would also say to all those that say "noone will pay for this, its pointless", that Im sure Blizzards market research department have a good bit more idea than you about what people will pay for.

Its just getting old that they are comming out with a LOT of stuff lately that is being created with the intentions of just getting more money from people. A game is not as fun to me knowing the people running it are only thinking about new ways to get my money.

If they keep coming out with this stuff at this fast of a pace I doubt I will play too much longer and I am a pretty tolerant person so I would imagine there will be a LOT of people feeling this way.

15+ Year Old Account

Then stop playing if it offends your morals.
    Yeah because if somthing is wrong or offends u:
    Give up

Thats may be ur Guide for life but not mine, thanks.

I'm not whinning bout it, but i like to say what im thinking about it, and that im not pleased with the direction Blizzard is going.
    If u don't like it i have an option for u:
    Stop reading it ;D
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    it will cost $2,99/month
    And the greedy buggers will probably demand 2,99 Euro in Europe like they do with all prices (meaning it is more Europe)

And why does the site you link to say the service is not available? Hacked my keys did you?
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

hey guys,let's excuse every money milking sheme of blizzard,because it's awesome.

iphone app: he would undercut you anyway,stop whining,zomg!
    (2 months later)buying gear for rl money: he would have gotten it in 2 weeks anyway,zomg stop whining!
    (6 months later)buying gold: so people who already do that do it legally,zomg stop whining!
    Quote Originally Posted by hayashiko
    Yeah, right. Kotick & co. is going to milk that goose until it's six foot under.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrllsbear
    Buying gear, something Blizzard have confirmed they will not do, is very different from having a mobile AH. How is there a connection between the two and how is it the next logical step? It's a fuckin' AH that you can have on your iphone. The reason why it has a price is because it costs money to run. These same speculations came up when the mount became availible. Everyone began chocking on their own breath just to mash the keyboard and say, "Gear will be the next thing you can buy for money." A mount is simply cosmetic, a mobile AH is simply to keep up to date with the AH without sitting by it all day. Buying gear increases character performance and makes raids and dungeons useless (something blizzard make because they LIKE making those features and they make the game fun.)

But you're right, the next step is gear buying, of course it is. Blizzard is that greedy they'll make a whole section of the game redundant by making gear purchasable. Think it through before you start hammering your keys with theories with no evidence to back it up.
    they have never said "gear will never be available for money"

they said they same thing about it that they said about mounts, faction transfers, flying in azeroth, pve to pvp transfers, race changes and class changes (soon*)

they said they had no plans at this time

activision is calling the shots now (board of trustees has more activision employees on it than blizzard does) and ALL of these ideas that cost money came AFTER the activision merger.

this is what activision does. they sell everything eventually.

they'll start out selling trinkets, then eventually boots/belt then a full set of t14 similar to what you could buy with badges because "it's just badge gear"

along the way, blizz will have excuses made for it by the bads who started playing during this expansion, i mean, they only know one way to play this game, and it's "buy the raiding gear you need to sit around dalaran in"

i will buy this as often im at work with nothing to do so $3 a month isnt much at all to actually get rid of all this stuff sitting in my bags. Plus more stuff should be bought and sold with this option. I just wish it didnt cost money and that you only had to have like say a level 80 to use it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia
    Yeah, what next, Father Christmas is real?

In a Pay to Play MMO no Content or such things should cost extra Money.
    It's not right.

It's like having an "All u can eat" Day in a Restaurant and alle u get is water an bread, the good stuff costs extra.
    I would name it Blizzards Ass (Entry looks like an ass) and i bet there will be a hunderts of idiots every fucking day.

And they all say "Hey that caviar is not from my money, i only pay for the bread man. It's the money from that caviar buyers. Because that bread and water here cost all of my All-u-can-eat-fee"
    It's optional. You have no need to buy these things other than personal amusement/vanity and they most certainly are not needed to play the game, so what's the problem?

I, and many others, can play this game just fine by paying the subscription only, no amount of vanity pets or useless addons will change this.

Sad.

Its a slippery slope, and we are already on it ever since they sold that god damn mount.
    It's just a game.

Deleted

Just because it's expensive, doesn't mean it's good or usefull.

As someone who is restriced in terms og gametime due to RL, im definetly getting this, so far being limited to only visiting the AH during certain hours is a pain in the arse. Not to mention, its better than minesweeper if youre bored while on the go

and 3 american bucks? its almost nothing, its the same price as a candy bar, so not like worth even complaining about.

Definetly getting this

Every few weeks for a while now Blizzard comes up with a new idea to make even more money... WTF is wrong with Blizz, 11 million monthly fees not enough already?

I think there's an important difference between a great game that many people like to play and a moneymaking machine. The feeling of getting abused by mercantile attempts from the game developpers is more and more persistent, very sad.

Capitalism at its finest, I want to puke now.

Peace

They're not using my subscription money to pay for the service. They're charging people for the premium service.
    YES, because the funds from the blizzard store on authenticators, mounts, pets, and so on DEFINITELY NEVER see themselves being used to develop features for those of us who don't have an issue paying for a little something extra. The key word here is EXTRA. You don't have to buy it. If you do, you don't get an advantage or a very big one.

Either way, put the shoe on the other foot. You want to believe that all subscription fees should be used exclusively for providing you with free features, you the player who doesn't own an authenticator and has never bought anything from the blizzard store. You also expect all of the aforementioned to apply to your choice of additions. This last point is what makes you a tool.

You can say what you want about your monthly fees, there are people who have bought a lot from blizzard outside of just WoW subscriptions. Extra features like this are for them. If you can't afford it, you probably shouldn't have a subscription in the first place.

TLDR: Either pay up or shut up.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Montego
    It's optional. You have no need to buy these things other than personal amusement/vanity and they most certainly are not needed to play the game, so what's the problem?

I, and many others, can play this game just fine by paying the subscription only, no amount of vanity pets or useless addons will change this.
    Items for Reallife Money are optional too.
    U can get them for free ingame so whats the problem?
    That can be an excuse for everything
    (btw. u can't get the pets ingame, so if u want them u must buy them.)

The Problem is, that i have a flatrate.
    Yeah i think so.
    I pay my monthley fee and i should get all the stuff Blizzard is making for wow.
    I would not say get the addons for free, but in EvE Online u get them for free, but an Addon ist mostley a big thing and it's ok.

But all the other micro stuff should not belong in a mmo where i pay a monthley fee.
    It's just not right in my eyes.
    And it's onley the beginning (i will NOT say Itemstore, but other things)
    Blizzard is like a hobo, u gave them money and then they come again and again and again for some cash.

And mostley i can't blame them
    Hell if i take a shit and someone would gave me 50 bucks i would shit again and sell it.
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Waste life on the GO.