Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

The real use of this is simply entertainment for those who have extra money to spend. Sitting in the doctor's office waiting for your wife? Log on and browse the AH. Maybe buy an item or two if they are cheap. You simply play it instead of some other game you would normally play on your cell phone.

It's not intended for people who have essentially turned their characters into AH bots that require only a press of a key for 100s or 1000s of transactions. Despite all the forum posters who brag about their AH prowess, such players are very much in the minority.

Problem with people in this game is that they want to abuse everything. They use every loophole they can to make the game as easy as possible for them. If they had their way, they would hit the space bar every so often and they would watch their character perform perfectly. Just download it, walk in, and free loots. People are already developing mods that show your character where to stand at all times and show them buttons they are supposed to press at any given time.

If anything, Blizzard should cut back on what mods can do further, limit all characters to 200 transactions/day in the AH, and let the game be a damn game. You can read about it like a book for a video game but you have to do the work on your own.

As for people whining about money, this happens every single time Blizzard charges money for anything. Go down the list of news and every single time it's an issue about money, they whine. If they had their way, Blizzard would pay them and they would have a full staff of programmers to change the game anytime anyone beat them in PvP so they could win every single time.

People are greedy and selfish. They always want more. That includes Blizzard (more $$$) and customers (we want it all and we want it now). It's a balance of these factors. If Blizzard gets too greedy, we can get more from someone else and we take our money with us. If we get too greedy, the company goes out of business trying to please those who can never be pleased.

There are plenty of people who are eager to take Blizzard's place. If Blizzard doesn't deliver consistently, they stand to lose a ton of money. But they are also a business which is designed to make money. They try things to please people that, in turn, give them money for pleasing them. If people want to play AH on their cell phone with a transaction limit, how does that hurt the game anymore than it has been hurt by the people who bot the AH and essentially control whole server markers?

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

I don't see why you guys are complaining. If you think it's ridiculous to spend money on this app, then.. don't buy it.

Sure, it's a shameless ploy to squeeze more money out of subscribers, but it's totally voluntary and to be honest I don't think it's going to make that big of a difference economy-wise (assuming Blizzard is able to prevent abuse). Blizzard making more money = more content for us to have fun with, so whatever imo. :P
    UHNNN DA FUNK

10+ Year Old Account

hmmmmm i dont really agree with this. The horse and pets (which came long before the horse but no1 cared nearly as much about) are purely cosmetic things that have NO effect on gameplay.
    This...seems to be pushing the boundaries, some people play this game solely for the AH and even though i know people use addons to post thousands of auctions a day im sure blizz will either increase the amount from 200 or someone will find a way to exploit it. Also people need money to suceed in most other aspects of the game for gems, flasks, enchants and particularly BoE drops and crafted gear which cost a fortune. Allowing people that pay a bit more an extra tool to make money over other players seems like its affecting gameplay to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronjahm
    I don't see why you guys are complaining. If you think it's ridiculous to spend money on this app, then.. don't buy it.

Sure, it's a shameless ploy to squeeze more money out of subscribers, but it's totally voluntary and to be honest I don't think it's going to make that big of a difference economy-wise (assuming Blizzard is able to prevent abuse). Blizzard making more money = more content for us to have fun with, so whatever imo. :P
    The fact that this 'service' exists on any level will do enough damage to the game on it's own.

That they're charging $3 for it is like kicking us while we're already down.

Who the Hell thought of that?

I... I don't understand ! What's the point?

"MOBILE AH ZOMG! "

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana
    hmmmmm i dont really agree with this. The horse and pets (which came long before the horse but no1 cared nearly as much about) are purely cosmetic things that have NO effect on gameplay.
    This...seems to be pushing the boundaries, some people play this game solely for the AH and even though i know people use addons to post thousands of auctions a day im sure blizz will either increase the amount from 200 or someone will find a way to exploit it. Also people need money to suceed in most other aspects of the game for gems, flasks, enchants and particularly BoE drops and crafted gear which cost a fortune. Allowing people that pay a bit more an extra tool to make money over other players seems like its affecting gameplay to me.

saying that the mobile AH gives players an unfair advantage sounds awfully close to "NERF LAPTOPS!" to me.

15+ Year Old Account

And of course there is no Android client -.-
    "You can cut our wings but we will always remember what it was like to fly!"
    #nogg-aholic

that's because android is weak! only iphone is strong enough for the mighty Horde!

Cataclysm

In order to face Deathwing a small fee of $5 must be paid plus an additional $1 for each wipe.

I don't know I'd reading what all these crybabies are spewing in this thread makes me want to laugh or cry

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh
    I have to say though, Blizzard finding new ways to exploit their playerbase for monetary gain is really starting to get to me. Blizzard used to have a good reputation, but they're burning through their social capital very quickly.
    honestly, if offering new stuff to their playerbase "burns their social capital" in your eyes, I hope they start a bonfire soon.

Cuz I'm really not seeing how this is "exploiting" the playerbase... being an optional service that provides no advantage over the norm ( other than the obvious one of doing thing while not at your PC...)... Where's the exploitation?

Blizzard used to be the former. It's been the latter for a few years.
    Well I can't deny an "argument" that compelling.... Offering an optional service that provides no in game advantage that many players have been asking for for quite a while is definitely the hallmark of a bad business though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridith
    Smart business is creating a quality product, and developing good customer relationships.

Bad business is trying to cut corners and implement poorly thought out services in an attempt to nickle and dime your customers for every cent you can.

Blizzard used to be the former. It's been the latter for a few years.
    one thousend of times this.

Quote Originally Posted by Belenus
    Cataclysm

In order to face Deathwing a small fee of $5 must be payed plus an aditional $1 for each wipe.
    This !

Quote Originally Posted by Belenus
    Cataclysm

In order to face Deathwing a small fee of $5 must be payed paid plus an additional $1 for each wipe. if you make dumb forum posts about unsubstantiated apocalyptic events.
    fixed that for you. back to relevant topics...

I had to come back to laugh again. Ahaha!!

Hai guyz, I already haev this app.

It's called a laptop.

15+ Year Old Account

Ingame advertising would also be a great idea to make some more money blizzard, don't u think?

Maybee for an extra small fee we could play the premium client without advertising.
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by steale

saying that the mobile AH gives players an unfair advantage sounds awfully close to "NERF LAPTOPS!" to me.
    So with a laptop u can put ur stuff in the ah from nordend?

Must be a pretty cool laptop bro
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Deleted

I don't care if it gives anyone an advantage. Like I said with the petstore it's just lame and unfair to milk more money from people who already pay for the subscription. and I know "you don't have to buy it" but I don't like where it's going and I'm losing my trust to Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia

Ingame advertising would also be a great idea to make some more money blizzard, don't u think?

Maybee for an extra small fee we could play the premium client without advertising.
    Hahaha, this is epic!
    Just hope Blizzard will never have this idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I don't care if it gives anyone an advantage. Like I said with the petstore it's just lame and unfair to milk more money from people who already pay for the subscription. and I know "you don't have to buy it" but I don't like where it's going and I'm losing my trust to Blizzard.
    if it's lame don't buy it... But.. What's unfair? Is it that you're just mad it isn't free?